Wallied

Into Butchers...

What's our lineup into Butchers?   Kicking we always take Obs.  I can see taking Scalpel receiving honestly.  She plays into the singularity of the Butchers fairly well plus can just force an early goal or even top of 2 6 point activation.

So Captain, Dirge, Casket, Graves all seem stellar of course.  Pelage will be good but for now I think Cossett deletes Butchers well enough.  Graves.  6th?  Silence and 5 Defense and Fireblast slowing down everyone seems ok.

2 hours ago, Wallied said:

What's our lineup into Butchers?   Kicking we always take Obs.  I can see taking Scalpel receiving honestly.  She plays into the singularity of the Butchers fairly well plus can just force an early goal or even top of 2 6 point activation.

So Captain, Dirge, Casket, Graves all seem stellar of course.  Pelage will be good but for now I think Cossett deletes Butchers well enough.  Graves.  6th?  Silence and 5 Defense and Fireblast slowing down everyone seems ok.

Scalpel is very good when kicking - especially against Butcher counterattacks...

Be carefully with scalpel. She will die super quick to butchers.

obby is my go to for this matchup purely because of 2” reach and unpredictable movement. 

Puppet is in for similar reasons. Being able to dodge between engagements is huge.

To be fair, every single other model on the teams dies super fast to butchers.  Just need to alpha strike or get goals.

He always takes Boar and Shank, always, so even Ob can be in trouble here.   The real key seems to be Casket with Heavy Burden and his AOE's to reduce dice totals to manageable affairs.

Well, that was a straight out disaster.  I don't get why you would EVER take Scalpel over Obulous.  He's better at every single thing.   Take away the stats.   He hits as hard.  Better defensive tech.  Better reach.  Field manipulation.  

Puppet was great.  Casket shut down Boar.  But every turn I wish I had Obs.  And I received.

I have the same problem playing scalpel, I always miss obby.

obby is easy to kill but to kill him, you have to make a mistake 

She actually doesn’t do great damage. She’s not fillet despite how she looks.

obulus needs some setup (puppet) but he can reliably hit mom 2. 

1 hour ago, Mattyg2787 said:

She actually doesn’t do great damage. She’s not fillet despite how she looks.

obulus needs some setup (puppet) but he can reliably hit mom 2. 

That setup (4inf) is at least 4dmg, 4" push and 4 mom for scalpel.

But I didn't play Obulus so I probably miss something.

Ghast would be excellent against all their 1 inch melee guys. Either him or Casket if you think you can get their Captain in the box. 

Rest of the team would probably be built around trying to score before everybody is dead, so Bonesaw makes the cut, as does Obulus for stealing the ball off them.