Sign in to follow this  
irondesk

Salutations

I haven't played a table top mini game in about ten years, but a few weeks ago I was looking for something to entertain the kids with for March break and, remembering the fun I had with blood bowl a way back when, piled the kids in the car and drove off to my FLGS to see what we could see.  Based on the glowing recommendations of the FLGS owner we purchased the Kick Off boxed set.

What a great game!  

Everyone in the family is having a blast with it.  The support  Steamforged offers here in the form of the paper dolls and cards is also hugely appreciated, and has pretty much guaranteed that we will be returning to buy models for our favorite teams once we've tried them all out.

I'm in Barrie ON Canada, and between work sleep and parenting, gaming ( and gaming buddies) just trickled away over time.  I might poke my head out and see what kind of GB community is outside my door soon, but for now am content to see how long it takes my kids to beat their old man at this - which should be pretty soon - my daughter came within a hair's breath last night scoring 10-12 engineers vs alchemists.  If  I hadn't won first turn for the last round she would have scored  the winning goal. :o

Also kinda excited to start painting again, though nervous to see how far my skills have deteriorated.

Hey @irondesk...nice to have another Canadian in our midst! (Well... just awesome to have Guild Ball enthusiasts from all over really) Not sure if there is a Pundit for the Barrie area (I don't see one on the Pundit Map)... but I know the Toronto area has a few... and some great players. 

I would suggest you join up with the Guild Ball Ontario Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/103321766726936/

Have a wonderful time! Glad to have you here!

On 01/04/2018 at 5:50 PM, irondesk said:

I'm in Barrie ON Canada, and between work sleep and parenting, gaming ( and gaming buddies) just trickled away over time.  I might poke my head out and see what kind of GB community is outside my door soon, but for now am content to see how long it takes my kids to beat their old man at this - which should be pretty soon - my daughter came within a hair's breath last night scoring 10-12 engineers vs alchemists.  If  I hadn't won first turn for the last round she would have scored  the winning goal. :o

Also kinda excited to start painting again, though nervous to see how far my skills have deteriorated.

My son has been beating me at table top games for close on 20 years now! :D