Edek

Dr. Edeklove or How i learned to stop worrying and love the bottomtier

21 hours ago, Edek said:

You're talking about rolling 3 hits on a def 5+ model in a counterattack. That is fun, but hardly an argument in favour of Mash.

If you played it well, Mist would have already been hit with Stagger and Dirty Knives. With a Bonus Time!, your chances would be nine in a ten. That's pretty good odds, I don't see why you wouldn't take Mash for that.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:44 PM, mr baron said:

Howzat on the counter attack is amazing.  In one game I had Mash in the corner with the ball.  Mist comes along tackles the ball, and it was off the pitch with a Howzat.  That was a great game for me. 

Why is Mist directly towards the pitch edge ?

On 5/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, Silvs said:

If you played it well, Mist would have already been hit with Stagger and Dirty Knives. With a Bonus Time!, your chances would be nine in a ten. That's pretty good odds, I don't see why you wouldn't take Mash for that.

Every other brewer player attacking a double debuffed model just erases them...

On 3/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, Edek said:

By default Esters plays into Alchs, Butchers, Farmers, Fish, Hunters, Morts and for now Masons.

Anything changed after playing Vet Decimate more?

14 minutes ago, doublecheese said:

Rise of dog fall of cat

Why it this? I'm new to Brewers still. Only three games.

People no longer play Scum, but play the other mascot instead.

Because Vet Decimate really appreciate +1 Tac and Second Wind from the dog :)

The guild really changed after the release of NerfCimate. The most effective playstyle is to play Decimate as a super-solo. The twist is that she only takes in 4INF herself, the buffs most of the time cost only 3INF so you still have 6 to go around (8 after the first round often). In a standard 13INF turn, you can max-out Esters, Decimate, Hooper and still have 1INF for Tooled Up. With Esters, Quaff, Hooper, Friday, oSpigot, Decimate you can play a lot wider than with a Tapper line-up which makes you more flexible and allows a more aggresive playstyle. For the first time in my 3 years of playing Brewers I decided to go solo-Esters and solo-Quaff and add Hemlocke to the roster. Hemlocke is only for the mirror matchup. I'll be honest I no longer have that much fun when playing Brewers, I feel like the guild lost it's identity. I know that I can play without her as if nothing changed, but that can feel arrogant and disrespectful to the opponent :P 'I'm not playing at a 100% because I don't feel like it'. Try saying that and not come across as a prick :P 

The Esters blog clearly indicates that Decimate will be weaker in seson four.

I have little experience witht the game, but Esters seems very interesting. It also seems like they dont plan to change the rest of the team all that much.

2 hours ago, HaraldT said:

The Esters blog clearly indicates that Decimate will be weaker in seson four.

Well the move of "Tooled Up" from oSpigs to Esters is an indirect nerf to vDecimate (along with the rest of the team).. 

As a member of #teamtapper  I'm not going to be overly affected by the Esters change, however I honestly feel for anyone who played with her as their main captain in the game... 

The overall reaction does seem to be stronger than those for past blogs.  The unfortunate tone of the blog probably did not help since the author seems genuinely enthusiastic.
"Esters is the one of the models we are happiest with in all our Season 4 changes."
"We were just so excited to show off what we'd done with her that she had to be our blog reveal."

Perhaps if they had given a better indication of what the guild has gained because it is very easy to see what Esters has lost.  The gains seem to be mostly in the form of Aria.  And since no one is counting on models to stay the same, no one is certain what Heroics will be available. 

For instance, the Veteran Siren blog was very clear.  Fishermen do not do momentous damage.  But they also showed Corsair's new Character Trait to soften the blow for some.  It might have been better to show a Heroic or a indicate whether one is still present, such as Time's Called.

I also suspect that there is a feeling that it's the Brewers turn for some improvements/changes.  Which I'm certain has created some anxiety, particularly since it will be probably 6 months before anything is rectified (should it be necessary, I am not saying that anything needs to be corrected, but explaining why some people are likely upset). 

I honestly do not know how Esters stacks up in Season 4, but I have yet to see anything that excites me about her.  I certainly see potential, but the blog post did not really provide that.  Especially in comparison to some of the others that I think did a better job of giving a taste of what's to come.  At least it was one of the later ones, so the wait for the rest of Season 4 is not as long.

5 hours ago, Ratatoskr said:

The gains seem to be mostly in the form of Aria.  And since no one is counting on models to stay the same, no one is certain what Heroics will be available.

First of all, sorry to just crop a small section of your post, it pretty much sums up the feeling but I just wanted to express my issues with "Aria" itself..

At first glance it seems amazing, in a guild that lives by its heroic plays, the ability to fire these off for free seems like a huge step towards removing any activation order issues.. This however is not the case, as with her aura being limited to 4" (rather than 6") you will probably only get one or two uses out of this without needing to move Esters herself..

This problem continues with the conflicting activation priority of Esters herself.. With "Tooled Up" and "Quick Foot" you will want to activate early in the turn to apply these to the appropriate player, however "Aria" will generaly require her to move in the middle of the turn to maximise it's uses and her own heroic wants a last activation so the removed conditions cannot be reapplied before the end of the turn..

Lastly, with her charachter plays costing influence for something which was previously free, she is taking influence from the rest of the team and reducing the amount momentum which can be generated. This directly counters any bonus which "Aria" may give as it is especially unlikely you will get the magic four free Heroics outside the first turn..

Amusingly, I don't think things would have seemed as bad if instead of putting "Tooled Up" and "Quick Foot" on Her card they had just added "Empowered Voice : Speed / Strength / Agility" as charachter plays with respective influence costs and keeping the 6" range and OPT.. That way they could have kept her Legendary and also the theme of the charachter.. 

While I don't think things will seem as bad once the rest of the team are revealed, with the current context this card is a direct nerf to Esters and the guild as a whole.. No more "Tooled Up" for Tapper, no more fire setup for Stoker... I just hope they leave "Commanding Aura" and "Old Jakes" alone...