Sign in to follow this  
Selfy

Rank Fisherman's Amateur Needs Advices

Asking on behalf of a friend. ;)

So, my proverbial friend has the following: Shark, Tentacles, Jac, Grayscales, Sakana and veteran Siren. This is all he currently has, so the question is not who to add to this, but rather, how do I use this team like a pro?

Might have used I there by accident?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Positive discussion welcome. If you want to be rude to me, then knock yourselves out, I'm totally up for some of that action

I'll pass it all on to my mate. Cheers. :D

So with that setup vSiren is not going to get much work done with Dread Gaze because the majority of the team will be spreading out to play the ball better. Instead she will probably be better off playing a dedicated winger using her 2" dodge and 9" sprint to collect and move the ball around.

I would have vSiren off on one wing and Greyscales on the other. Jac would sit in the centre of the line up with Tentacles next to him and Shark and Sakana to his left and right.

Sakana and Shark will be used to work the midfield and threaten goals. Jac and Tentacles are there to push opposing strikers out of position or lock them down a bit. Greyscales and Siren play the edges and act as ball recovery/speed bump/support piece as and when required.

I would look to having Sakana make the initial goal run and save Shark for turn 2. After that its mostly just managing the opponent and looking for the 3rd goal from anyone able to do it.

If the opponent scores remember that Jac has a decent enough sprint and kick to help set up a snap shot if he plays in the centre of the field and his heroic and character play can clear passing lanes without the need to make attack rolls.

This line-up in particular is very solo orientated, that is to say no one in particular needs a lot of help or dedicates themself to making others better however no one but Jac is going to survive long in a slogging match so be ready to lose people quickly if the opposing team sets out to do that. Knowing those two things going in though means your counter play should be to spread out and force them into tricky field positions where your mostly self sufficient players can do their things.

1 hour ago, Banjulhu said:

So with that setup vSiren is not going to get much work done with Dread Gaze because the majority of the team will be spreading out to play the ball better. Instead she will probably be better off playing a dedicated winger using her 2" dodge and 9" sprint to collect and move the ball around.

I would have vSiren off on one wing and Greyscales on the other. Jac would sit in the centre of the line up with Tentacles next to him and Shark and Sakana to his left and right.

Sakana and Shark will be used to work the midfield and threaten goals. Jac and Tentacles are there to push opposing strikers out of position or lock them down a bit. Greyscales and Siren play the edges and act as ball recovery/speed bump/support piece as and when required.

I would look to having Sakana make the initial goal run and save Shark for turn 2. After that its mostly just managing the opponent and looking for the 3rd goal from anyone able to do it.

If the opponent scores remember that Jac has a decent enough sprint and kick to help set up a snap shot if he plays in the centre of the field and his heroic and character play can clear passing lanes without the need to make attack rolls.

This line-up in particular is very solo orientated, that is to say no one in particular needs a lot of help or dedicates themself to making others better however no one but Jac is going to survive long in a slogging match so be ready to lose people quickly if the opposing team sets out to do that. Knowing those two things going in though means your counter play should be to spread out and force them into tricky field positions where your mostly self sufficient players can do their things.

Thanks for this, it's very detailed.

Am I totally committed to 3-0 or is it possible to fall back to 2-2 if necessary?  Would I better of trying to pick up Corsair?

It's possible to do a 2-2 but the struggle you will have is generating enough momentum to actually get work done, so it is probably something you would switch to only in desperate situations.

That said there is a cheeky way to generate mp and take outs using Shark and Jac to push people out of bounds, it is however Inf heavy and by and large you'll be needing that Inf to keep control of the ball.

Would Corsair be a better captain for that lineup? I must admit that not really having the option of two take outs is not great for the way I play.

On 31/03/2018 at 5:10 PM, Selfy said:

Would Corsair be a better captain for that lineup? I must admit that not really having the option of two take outs is not great for the way I play.

Eh, that's quite subjective. Corsair would make the team run differently not necessarily better.

With Corsiar, you are likely to keep him and Siren in the centre of the pitch so that Dread Gaze can come into play and Sakana would move out to the wings with Greyscales for footballing, scoring and support.

I would also be ready to use  Jac and Tentacles a little further up the field so that they can then be ready to support Corsiar's scrum and move away unwanted opponents away from him