ningu

Veteran Decimate

^Guess that helps on the Stoker question. Sounds like I haven't played enough of those match ups. 

Scum still edges out Quaff for me overall though and even now I can't afford both mascots in my 10. 

On 4/23/2018 at 7:28 PM, Fish-in-a-Beer said:

Hooper and Stoker are too good into the matchups they're good in for me not to have them on the roster. 

What does Hooper do in his match up that vDecimate doesn't replace? 

The problem with Scum is that Tapper really really wants to hold 6 inf, but Scum doesn't do anything on an Esters team because of the lack of inf. I'm experimenting with double captain double mascot lately, and I think it's working for me.

54 minutes ago, Sardonic Artery said:

What does Hooper do in his match up that vDecimate doesn't replace?

The biggest thing for me with Hooper is consistency and condition resistance.  True Grit lets you clear conditions without using "Come On, Mate!" or "Take a Breather," leaving both open to you later in the turn (and Ester's Heroic if necessary).  Against condition heavy teams, that's amazing (Esters/Hooper/Lucky/Stoker = Sad Alchemists and Ratcatchers).  He's also super consistent with TAC 7 after True Grit and the ability to finish off just about anybody the rest of his team has knocked down (which they can easily do).

Hooper, vetCimate, Friday, and oSpigs are going to be a foursome I play a LOT come May 18th, I think...

2 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

The problem with Scum is that Tapper really really wants to hold 6 inf, but Scum doesn't do anything on an Esters team because of the lack of inf. I'm experimenting with double captain double mascot lately, and I think it's working for me.

What's your 10 (and do you miss anyone)?

2 hours ago, Fish-in-a-Beer said:

The biggest thing for me with Hooper is consistency and condition resistance.  True Grit lets you clear conditions without using "Come On, Mate!" or "Take a Breather," leaving both open to you later in the turn (and Ester's Heroic if necessary).  Against condition heavy teams, that's amazing (Esters/Hooper/Lucky/Stoker = Sad Alchemists and Ratcatchers).  He's also super consistent with TAC 7 after True Grit and the ability to finish off just about anybody the rest of his team has knocked down (which they can easily do).

Hooper, vetCimate, Friday, and oSpigs are going to be a foursome I play a LOT come May 18th, I think...

Maybe it's that I have Lucky (non-mom clearing), Esters, Hemlocke, Stoker, but he feels less valuable to me. 

Regardless, I'm glad there's a debate. 

1 hour ago, Sardonic Artery said:

What's your 10 (and do you miss anyone)?

I've already asked that question...

On 20/04/2018 at 6:17 PM, CurlyPaul said:

Tapper, Esters, Scum, Quaff, Friday, Spigot, Stoker, Decimate, Pintpot and Mash. 

I guess I'd be dropping Quaff for Lucky, I do like Second Wind for the faster players though.

1 hour ago, Sardonic Artery said:

Regardless, I'm glad there's a debate. 

Its a healthy sign isn't it? Even in a Guild where most of us agree Friday and Spigot are essential, the other 8 are completely flexible and viable:)

Indeed, @CurlyPaul, it does bode well for Brewers design overall, but let's be honest, vDecimate is gonna join oSpigot and Friday as essential to the 10.

Thanks for the quotes, @ningu. I'm surprised y'all don't reach for any Union support -- namely Hemlocke (for blind) -- while you still can.  

Given that Vet-Decimate has been out for a bit, and I suspect that most Brewer players have had her on the table, what are your favorite 6?  I see that some folks like Hemlock, but I think we have a lot of in faction condition clearing that I don't think its a go to model for the standard line up.

The go to squaddie foursome for me seems to be vDecimate, Hooper, Friday & oSpigs.  That four-some just seems really good.  I know I need to get a couple of games in with Lucky.

I tryed Tapper/Quaff/VetDecimate/Hooper/Stoker/Stave...

Against Ox Butcher and Ester Brewers, it was really easy !

4*Tough Hide, 3*Mz2.... Between lob barrel and vetdecimate, you easily control the pitch as you want.

I recommend it if you want to go in a scrum !

TBH I've found Esters and Quaff make her absolutely bonkers. TAC 7, +2 or 4 SPD, +2 DMG (Spigot1 obvs)? She goes in, probably TOs and yo-yos out and is untouchable. Some Guilds cannot deal with this. 

What's that Skippy? A new Brewers has been released Skippy? What's wrong Skippy, tap it out with your paw.

B....R....O.....K....E.....N. Broken?

:)

Five are standard at this point:

Esters, Quaff, Friday, Spigot, vDecimate (may even drop Tapper from my 10).

The sixth slot depends on my opponent. Hooper for more 2"; Lucky to clear conditions for free; then Stoker or Pintpot depending on whether I want ARM / ranged damage or not. 

Depends on the opposing guild, I still don't think vDecimate is an auto include into every match up..

Saying that, the "usual" six are Tapper, Cat, Hooper, Friday, oSpigs, and vDecimate with Mash, Stoker, Pisspot and vSpigs on the bench.. 

After a year away from Brewers, I have jumped back into them and played 8 games this past week including a local  tournament last weekend.  Here are some of my thoughts so far:

1.  Both Captains have game.  I was very successful with Tapper last year, and I think he is still good.  I think you include both of them in your roster

2.  I think the base 4 squaddies is:  vDecimate, Hooper, Friday, oSpigs

3.  I am thinking that for the 10 man roster, you only take 1 mascot, to give you 3 additional slots for your rotational players.  I think Quaff is better if you only take 1 mascot.  

4.  Rotation players:  Stoker, Mash, Lucky.  I like Pintpot, but I think the other 3 bring more tools to the table that you might need for situational match ups.  I have not had a match where I was thinking I would have won if I had Pintpot on the field.

5.  Union options:  For Brewers, I don't think we need any Union players.  I played 1 game with Gutter, and I think she might add something to the team with 2" reach, drag, gang ups and she is faster than most Brewers with a 10" base threat.  I want to play a few more games with Gutter.  I think she is an interesting option.

Problem with not having Scum is the Tapper really really wants him nearby. 

If you are looking for Union, Harry's hat is personal favourite - stand him near Spigot when receiving for a difficult to block first turn goal. 

Lately I'm taking double captain double mascot. Friday, Spigs and vDec are my 3 auto picks. I've noticed I'm not taking Hooper very much lately, with Decimate filling the need for 2", he's dropped out my 10.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:26 PM, mr baron said:

@ CurlyPaul - what would you call your favorite 6?

Tapper, Scum, Friday, Spigot, Decimate and the last spot varies wildly, but it prob goes to Pintpot if I'm playing a brawler team and Stoker if I'm playing a football team.