ningu

Veteran Decimate

^Guess that helps on the Stoker question. Sounds like I haven't played enough of those match ups. 

Scum still edges out Quaff for me overall though and even now I can't afford both mascots in my 10. 

On 4/23/2018 at 7:28 PM, Fish-in-a-Beer said:

Hooper and Stoker are too good into the matchups they're good in for me not to have them on the roster. 

What does Hooper do in his match up that vDecimate doesn't replace? 

The problem with Scum is that Tapper really really wants to hold 6 inf, but Scum doesn't do anything on an Esters team because of the lack of inf. I'm experimenting with double captain double mascot lately, and I think it's working for me.

54 minutes ago, Sardonic Artery said:

What does Hooper do in his match up that vDecimate doesn't replace?

The biggest thing for me with Hooper is consistency and condition resistance.  True Grit lets you clear conditions without using "Come On, Mate!" or "Take a Breather," leaving both open to you later in the turn (and Ester's Heroic if necessary).  Against condition heavy teams, that's amazing (Esters/Hooper/Lucky/Stoker = Sad Alchemists and Ratcatchers).  He's also super consistent with TAC 7 after True Grit and the ability to finish off just about anybody the rest of his team has knocked down (which they can easily do).

Hooper, vetCimate, Friday, and oSpigs are going to be a foursome I play a LOT come May 18th, I think...

2 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

The problem with Scum is that Tapper really really wants to hold 6 inf, but Scum doesn't do anything on an Esters team because of the lack of inf. I'm experimenting with double captain double mascot lately, and I think it's working for me.

What's your 10 (and do you miss anyone)?

2 hours ago, Fish-in-a-Beer said:

The biggest thing for me with Hooper is consistency and condition resistance.  True Grit lets you clear conditions without using "Come On, Mate!" or "Take a Breather," leaving both open to you later in the turn (and Ester's Heroic if necessary).  Against condition heavy teams, that's amazing (Esters/Hooper/Lucky/Stoker = Sad Alchemists and Ratcatchers).  He's also super consistent with TAC 7 after True Grit and the ability to finish off just about anybody the rest of his team has knocked down (which they can easily do).

Hooper, vetCimate, Friday, and oSpigs are going to be a foursome I play a LOT come May 18th, I think...

Maybe it's that I have Lucky (non-mom clearing), Esters, Hemlocke, Stoker, but he feels less valuable to me. 

Regardless, I'm glad there's a debate. 

1 hour ago, Sardonic Artery said:

What's your 10 (and do you miss anyone)?

I've already asked that question...

On 20/04/2018 at 6:17 PM, CurlyPaul said:

Tapper, Esters, Scum, Quaff, Friday, Spigot, Stoker, Decimate, Pintpot and Mash. 

I guess I'd be dropping Quaff for Lucky, I do like Second Wind for the faster players though.

1 hour ago, Sardonic Artery said:

Regardless, I'm glad there's a debate. 

Its a healthy sign isn't it? Even in a Guild where most of us agree Friday and Spigot are essential, the other 8 are completely flexible and viable:)

Indeed, @CurlyPaul, it does bode well for Brewers design overall, but let's be honest, vDecimate is gonna join oSpigot and Friday as essential to the 10.

Thanks for the quotes, @ningu. I'm surprised y'all don't reach for any Union support -- namely Hemlocke (for blind) -- while you still can.