ningu

Veteran Decimate

Had a little test with a proxy last night...

Decimate was pretty useful, pushed the Smith's where I needed them, got Stagger off, generally caused damage and disruption. Didn't get the right position to use her Heroic but still managed to be very impactful on the game. Definetly in the 6

3 hours ago, EpicChris said:

I think I need to update my tactics guide - delete all the words and just write ‘Take vDecimate. Trust me.’  

This would be a shame because your tactics guide is so useful. ;)

Arnaud

6 minutes ago, Bertmac said:

can we use regular decimate as a proxy?

in tournaments I mean.

I oddly would in local events as she cant  work for brewers in that iteration meaning there's only one set of rules for her in that guild. keeps it fairly clean.

Super stoked. But my ten is gonna take some work.

Gonna try her out in both captain lines. I see her being super useful in not only pushing people out, but for dragging people in!

The level of people who are going to be salty about her skills, is real.

8 hours ago, Bertmac said:

can we use regular decimate as a proxy?

in tournaments I mean.

Officially no, but you'd have to ask your TO, some are lenient on these things. 

Still so flipping pleased with thus card, think it's just what Brewers needed.

I've played with her a few times now - she is bae for sure. Stabby stabby at long range, with any sort of buffs she goes bananas and because she is a fast 2" (Something Brewers lacked) she can hunt down Obulus and such. She is amazeballs.

She does seem to fix one of the brewers biggest weaknesses and adds in a decent secondary goal option on the side.

Tapper, Scum, Hooper, oSpigot, Friday and Decimate feels like a team that could very easily turn it's win condition on a dime as the game progresses.

2 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

Tapper, Scum, Hooper, oSpigot, Friday and Decimate feels like a team that could very easily turn it's win condition on a dime as the game progresses.

The first 5 could do that anyway, but now they can do it easier with vDecimate. The main issue I had previously was finding a sixth player to fit that playstyle.

I've been trying out <captain>, <appropriate mascot>, Spigot1, Friday, Decimate2, <flex>

I like both captains for different matchups, and I feel their respective mascots usually go well with them. I've been looking at the flex slot and usually it's Mash or Hooper or Pintpot at the moment. Hooper for 2" KD Beatdown, Mash for annoying ball holder, Pintpot for INF efficiency and beatdown and Heroic Mass. I'm sure there are other combos, but man dropping Spigot and Friday is hard - my comfort zone.

gotta say I think your all sleeping on Lucky. I'm running tapper, scum, Ospigot, vet decimate, Friday, and lucky... the team is fast and good with the ball. the whole team is a goal threat. tapper, spigot, vet decimate, lucky, and scum do more then enough damage especially under commanding aura. luckys extra influence for going second is always helpful. he turns influence into momentum as good as anyone and is the only momentous 2 on 2 other then scum. the free condition clear is just a bonus and raise the stakes can  just be game ending.  I love this team.

On 17/04/2018 at 3:06 PM, kegslayer13 said:

gotta say I think your all sleeping on Lucky. I'm running tapper, scum, Ospigot, vet decimate, Friday, and lucky... the team is fast and good with the ball. the whole team is a goal threat. tapper, spigot, vet decimate, lucky, and scum do more then enough damage especially under commanding aura. luckys extra influence for going second is always helpful. he turns influence into momentum as good as anyone and is the only momentous 2 on 2 other then scum. the free condition clear is just a bonus and raise the stakes can  just be game ending.  I love this team.

Good advice, this is. Tried it, I did. Super awesome, it was. :)

I really need to try this out, still not got round to trying Lucky out tbh. My gaming buddy loves Shark, and Raise the Stakes just seems like suicide against Shark. 

I might give this a run tomorrow though. 

3 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

I really need to try this out, still not got round to trying Lucky out tbh. My gaming buddy loves Shark, and Raise the Stakes just seems like suicide against Shark. 

I might give this a run tomorrow though. 

just don't use it if  you think it'll hurt you. i have won plenty of games with lucky where i never use it. give him a go, i think you'll be pleased

14 hours ago, kegslayer13 said:

just don't use it if  you think it'll hurt you. i have won plenty of games with lucky where i never use it. give him a go, i think you'll be pleased

As my Honour didn't show up in the post today, I think I will try him. He is competing with some tough characters for the last spot in the 10, but I'm long overdue giving him a run out.

10 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

As my Honour didn't show up in the post today, I think I will try him. He is competing with some tough characters for the last spot in the 10, but I'm long overdue giving him a run out.

Who do you have in your 10 at the moment? 

10 minutes ago, ningu said:

Tapper, Esters, Scum, Quaff, Friday, Spigot, Stoker, Decimate, Pintpot and Mash. 

I guess I'd be dropping Quaff for Lucky, I do like Second Wind for the faster players though.

On 20/04/2018 at 6:03 PM, ningu said:

Tapper, The Cat, Friday, Hooper, oSpigot, vSpigot, Pisspot, Mash, Stoker, vDecimate...

pondering with the idea of swapping in Lucky to replace vSpigs, but still not put enough time in with him yet..

I would probably take Tapper, Esters, Cat, Friday, Hooper, Stoker, Lucky, vDecimate, oSpigot, Pintpot. 

On 17/04/2018 at 3:06 PM, kegslayer13 said:

Tried them out..  Was against Smith's and Cinder just ruined any chance of playing ball, but the team worked well together, including Lucky. Mom2 is awesome.

Lucky clearing conditions without momentum is gold against Engineers. 

Can't say I've got any room for Quaff with the 10 being so hard to fill out these days. Part of me thinks vSpigot could make it in once Union is no longer an option, but I've heard of others controlling scoring teams without blind, goad, or close control. As is, oSpigot still has too much on one card for his later version to get play most games (though I like what vSpigot can do -- just not enough to edge out oSpigot... yet).

I agree with the theory that vDecimate could replace Hooper. Still need to test it more. 

Considering even dropping Stoker from my 10. Maybe y'all are getting more out of him than I am -- anyone feel the same? 

Once vetCimate comes out, it's going to be hard to pick, but currently my ten is:

Tapper, Esters, Quaff, oSpigot, Friday, Hooper, Pintpot, Lucky, Mash, and Stoker.

I think when vetCimate is out, I'll be looking at dropping either Lucky or PintPot (probably PintPot) for her.  I want both captains, have to have Spigs and Friday, and Hooper and Stoker are too good into the matchups they're good in for me not to have them on the roster.  Stoker is routinely a rockstar for me- Alchemists, some Butchers and Blacksmith builds, and especially Ratcatchers are super sad to see him across the table.  Mash had previously disappointed, but with Esters he's great- if he gets the Def buff and stands nearby, he's 4+/2, preferably in cover, and if they come near him, Esters is ready to knock them down so the rest of the team can kill them.  Howzat!, if it ever hits, is just the icing on the cake.

My big surprise has been how much I love Quaff, and I expect vetCimate to only expand that.  With the loss of "Sic 'em!" and the presence of more high armor models in the game courtesy of the Blacksmiths, I feel like Scum has gotten a lot weaker than he used to be, especially as I have both Friday and Mash to hold the ball well.  In a Tapper team, he can get some INF because Old Jakes helps fix your allocation problems, but I find Esters struggles to feed the cat, especially as Big Mama wants her four INF most turns to drop a pair of AoEs.  If I'm going to be allocating the mascot no influence at least half the time, I'd rather it be the mascot that gives out TAC buffs for free, is quick enough to get where he needs to go, and provides 40mm of 4+/1 Loved Creature for the opponent to have to worry about.  Second Wind is just a bonus- I don't use it often because of its expense, but every now and again it makes an enormous difference in the game.

To bring it back to the lady at hand, vetCimate will benefit a LOT from Quaff, I think- the TAC buff makes her even more absurd, and Second Wind means she can shove people around on her heroic secure in the knowledge she's got a reposition at the end of it to get back out of dodge as needed.  Honestly, I think she'll make it even harder to field the cat for me.