Sign in to follow this  
Cyrax

First game vs hunters.... any advice?

Hello all

Playing against hunters for the first time with Alchemists and wanted to advice on the match, best starting six options and what to watch out for.

I have all the players but no union options. 

Thanks Ben

I take a DEF 5 team against them. It’s a Midas team with good Scoring potential. 

Midas, Naja, Vitriol, Crucible, Mist

Then Compound for defense/vKat for some intimidation/oKat for KD or whatever you’re comfortable with for the 6th

As someone who has Hunters as the other team I play, this is EXTREMELY frustrating to deal with. 

For Theron from my 10 I'd take Midas, Decimate, Vitriol, Compound, Venin and whichever mascot I've got. 

Try for a 3-0 game. 2 5 def and glut mass makes it hard for a Theron team to get the board control he wants. Find an opertunistic TO or 2. 

If they don't have Theron I take Smoke and build her for take outs. 

Haven't really played into Skatha too much but if they have both captains and drop her I probably take oKat and Mercury rather than Vitriol and Venin. Play 2-2 or 4-1.

Interesting answers as personnaly I would pick Smoke vs hunter and try to kill the squishy. I like def 5 models, but vs Theron I feel like a boosted play will easily snare you and bring the def to 4 to be burst quickly

Sorry, I had this reply up and then lost track of the post >.<

I LIKE Crucible, so I usually always find room in my 10 for her. She does good work without even having to put INF on her and can do anything. 

I think scoring the three goals faster than they can kill you is better than trying to out kill them when you are already a squishy team yourself as an Alchemist team. Smoke can die so horribly to hunters. She's not going to out range them and Alchemists is like the ONE team hunters can probably out MOM so they should be able to fend off conditions and heal up fairly easily.