Mako

Fisherman Player Summaries

Angel

All right: The much complained about Angel.

Angel is a goal-scorer, pure and simple. She can punch the ball straight through the opposing line with 4-7 kicking dice at 10'' when the stars are right. Her high kick makes her a decent snapshot turret and can usually handle both crowd outs and impaired line of sight or intervening model. 

She's resonably quick and has a high Def stat and access to nimble which makes her tricky to take out. However, with 12 boxes she tends to go down quickly once she's snared, knocked down, bleeding, poisoned and set on fire. 

But Angel has two jobs. 1. Slam a turn 1 goal into the net and then act as a turret until she dies. 2. Once she's dead and comes back, she hangs back and prevents the opposition from killing the ball by kicking it to your side of the pitch. Don't make an effort of keeping her alive. Make sure she is standing and that she has Super shot (and perhaps nimble) up.

Good into: Most teams (once you accept that she's a 2 for 4 trade in), and esp. Morticians. 
Risky into: Engineers, Alchemists and Hunters (since they limit movement and/or kicking range) 

That’s the best part - we don’t have to say anything bad, it just quietly becomes obvious who isn’t well liked :D 

10 minutes ago, Mako said:

That’s the best part - we don’t have to say anything bad, it just quietly becomes obvious who isn’t well liked :D 

Cunning.

36 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

No one has anything nice to say about Kraken or vSiren still I notice.

Who? :D

I don't play either of them, so I can't really comment on them either way.

Posted (edited)

Kraken

Kraken provides another 2” melee and a much needed low knockdown. Unfortunately, he doesnt make a good battery nor provide a great disruption piece as he is easy to farm momentum off of.

Luckily, he is a multidimensional model. Like many greats before him, he has moved off the pitch and into the broadcasting booth. Kraken is a sweet looking model that looks fantastic on a shelf. Great pose and detail make him a fantastic collectors piece. In addition, his weight and base size allow him to continually find work as a paper weight. 

Kraken is a must have model for all true collectors and performs well as a gate keeper. If the compared model is more playable then you put them in your top 12, if they are equal to or less...

Edited by Fisherman Fred

VSiren

She possess many good qualities: fast, semi-resilient (gotta kill her 2x), and decent kick stats. She can be used as a decent scoring model. She also has some synergy with kraken for defense.  I would say that fielding her and kraken on a team to play against a new player would be ideal (to avoid 3 quick scores and crushing their hobby as they don’t know to stop that yet), but... her “oh you killed me but you didn’t and I get to dodge away” is kind of a kick to the balls in a game of ball kicking. 

She suffers from two problems. (1) she lost her niche and it was a niche people enjoyed so fielding her is a reminder of her former glory. And (2)She suffers because she is on the wrong team. 1” melee on a team that is built around dodging and 2” melee. Design concept around models bunching up on a team that needs to spread out. A good kicking stat and great movement on a team that is plump with the same but with better synergy (including her O). 

Give @Fisherman Fred lots of internet points.

I would like for Kraken and vSiren's blurbs to say "Is a sweet looking multidimensional model which you could in theory put into a Fisherman team when playing guild ball."

Hey sorry I'm late I havent been paying much attention to the guild threads until @Mako caught me liking Kraken.

Kraken brings redundancy when combined with Corsair, which can be a powerful tool in games like this. This is because while your opponent may be able to solve KD or drag once, it's going to be difficult to solve twice or from two slightly different angles. When Kraken has the opportunity to drag or KD the target you're looking to takeout that means Corsair doesn't have to, meaning more influence left for Corsair to apply damage with. Kraken trades the momentum on the damage from Corsair's playbook for earlier KD, drag, and double reposition. 

Also I think synergies should be added to these entries to maximize value. Kraken makes almost 100% of my Corsair teams where I'm looking to get 2 honest kills but basically none of my Sharks cause they're so influence hungry and played into heavy damage teams.

Kraken

Draws the line of engagement through use of drag and KD, setting up the damage oriented fish. Can apply reasonable support damage with early :2: and :3: being fairly common results on knocked down and ganged up models. 

Synergizes with: Corsair, Hag

Good into: Teams you can get takeouts on. (Morticians, Ratcatchers, Blacksmiths) Bad into: teams that aren't bothered by tough hide. (Butchers, Brewers, vRage Union)

Cheers for that!

(I'm leaving the synergy discussion for @EpicChris when he's doing his tactics pieces - he understands that kind of thing far better than me so can do the info more justice :))