I've been playing my Brewers again a LOT lately, and I've started doing the "tourney ten" draft before pretty much every game I play to get accustomed to it.

I'm interested to pool the collective brain-thoughts: what matchups do you play which captain into?  Are there any matchups you think we automatically go one way or the other?  Which Guilds/Captains do Tapper and Esters each hate to see on the other side of the table?

I'll certainly sound off my own thoughts down the discussion, but as I'm trying to gather others' opinions, I want to leave the beginning wide open so people are talking about what you all think, rather than reacting to what they feel about what I think... =)

I generally play esters into : morts, farmers, butchers, masons,

Tapper: hunters, fish, engineers, union, blacksmiths

But there's a few I'll play into either depending on receiving or kicking.

Do you tend to favor Tapper when kicking and Esters when receiving, or...?

For myself, I'd rather kick than receive with Tapper, but Esters can really reach out towards that enemy deployment line with her character plays if she kicks, and Glut Mass helps protect against people trying to bounce off her.

11 hours ago, Fish-in-a-Beer said:

For myself, I'd rather kick than receive with Tapper, but Esters can really reach out towards that enemy deployment line with her character plays if she kicks, and Glut Mass helps protect against people trying to bounce off her.

Generally yes tapper when kicking, but I usually kick with esters into morts. Esters when receiving because I can speed Friday to threat goal or add more movement buffs to put her in a safer spot.

On 26/03/2018 at 2:28 PM, Fish-in-a-Beer said:

Esters is usually my pick to receive as well. She either gives Friday extra mov to make a goal easier, or def to Mash if the opponent looks like he's about to missile his striker into me.

Esters is my pick into Hunters and Alchemists, possibly Morts as well. I often just pick the captain I feel like playing on the day.

Tapper if they fight, Esters for everything else.

I feel Tapper can setup the better takeout turns in the scrum, but needs to activate first all the time. Old jakes is super efficient for a well positioned line, and tough hide makes him survivable. But he can be shut down in a hurry if you screw up.

Esters just really needs to be esters. Power up, charge, kill. Clears conditions like a dream, Lobs aoe's with unspent inf, glut mass, HP for days, Bad ass hat... Just don't leave her without backup.

Prefer to kick with tapper to get him in earlier. The cat takes the ball in both esters and "most" receiving situations.