Morganrl

While we're on the subject, when do people play Mash and how do you get mileage out of him

So, given there seems to be a few discussions in the same vein I was wondering if anyone could explain Mash for me. 

I've been running Brewers recently and for the most part I've been getting my head around them pretty well. 

But every time I drop Mash I find myself wishing for a different player. Who do you play him into, and what do you do with him once he's on the field? 

I don't ;) And I don't really miss him. He should be good against fish for killing the ball but oSiren ruins that. I never got to do a Volley Shot with him, after the S3 changes his parting blow is not that scary. He is a bit tanky near Esters but Stoker is just as tanky everywhere on the pitch. He doesn't have a place in my roster and I don't miss him at all. 

He used to be the mainstay 6th man in most games but I will agree after the s3 changes to Stoker and Harry and the release of Pisspot and Lucky he's fallen down the pecking order.. I still think he has a place in my 10 but he's at risk depending on vDecimates card and whatever the Minor Guilds brings in..

As for how I use him, he usually waddles up the center line flanked by Tapper and Hooper assisting with crowding out bonuses till he gets in position to score or I fancy dumping the ball off to Friday or the cat..

There is a situation where you can score for free on the opposing players turn but it requires a lot of set up and basically dictates your entire field team.. 

I do really like the rookie mini though.. 

The correct answer is mostly always. 

Solid 2" with unpredictable and a double push on 2? Counter attacks are nothing but gold here.

I like to use him as a scrum assists and snap back machine about a third of the way up the pitch. They score a goal? He snaps it back. You wana deal some damage? He can help. Need to kill a ball fairly reliably? Yes.

He won't be getting big takeouts by himself, but he's worth it in terms of all round play.

he has a permanent place on my six for both captains

For me he holds the ball early game, with Esters nearby to keep him 4-2, late game I'm heading him towards to goal, or if I'm losing the scrum, he uses Howzat to thin in back out again.

He is a decent all rounder

From a Hunter perspective I've always hated seeing my opponent play Mash because it was 1 less viable takeout target on a team with so few.

Unpredictable Movement with a 2" melee, 2 Arm near Esters. It's not even like I can whittle him down at range with 17 Boxes.

I think he definitely struggles to find his place in the 6, but that's probably more to do with the other options strengths and not his own weaknesses.

I am of the never play mash train, like he was good into hunters but Vdecimate fills that and much more so he'll be accompanying stave and quaff cheering on the rest. I do have a sneaky suspicion once all the minor guilds are out that SFG will cut the roster length and let you bring the whole guild plus 2 minor so he might see a resurgence but as Edek stated fish where you really want him, he just gets countered by O siren.