Sign in to follow this  
THE_DOJO_MIKE

Kat 1 and coming back on

Does kat 1 come back in on the pitch "on fire". Pyromaniac says end of turn but can a model gain a condition off the pitch? After rereading timing it makes it seem like he doesn't catch fire after coming back. 

I believe there's nothing in the rules that prevents a model from suffering a condition being off the pitch. It's just pretty hard to get one there, since the taken-out condition removes all the rest from the model. Unless the model has a trait that gives it a way to...  

So, if that is correct, then I think the only way oKat can return to the pitch and not be on fire is if he was taken-out in the maintenance phase with the condition damage. 

Whenever a model is taken out all its conditions are removed. 

When oKat comes on he enters the pitch without the burning condition. Unless some one else sets him on fire again he won't gain burning until the end of the round. 

4 hours ago, Morganrl said:

Whenever a model is taken out all its conditions are removed. 

When oKat comes on he enters the pitch without the burning condition. Unless some one else sets him on fire again he won't gain burning until the end of the round. 

This is correct. 

This is surprising. Can you give a little more explanation?

"Taken out" (PDF rulebook p. 18) says that a model loses all other conditions when it is taken out. Nowhere in that rules does it state that the model cannot gain new conditions in this state.

The order of phases is

1. Maintenance phase
  2. Activiation phase
  3. End phase

If Katalyst suffers the taken out in the Activation Phase, he would lose the ifre condition. Katalyst's rule would then apply the fire condition in the End phase. Katalyst then returns in the next Maintenance Phase. icy sponge only removes the taken out condition, not all conditions.

So where is the error in my logic? By my reading Katalyst returns to the pitch "on fire" and also directly suffers fire damage in the turn he returns to the pitch.

Traits only apply when a model is on the pitch.  If Katalyst is off the pitch at the end of the turn, Pyromania doesn't trigger.

-edit- Ignore this it's wrong.

7 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Traits only apply when a model is on the pitch

Not to defy the ruling or its logic, but yet again, that is not mentioned anywhere in the rules, although you have "Passive Character Traits simply have an effect at all times, or when the defined requirements are satisfied."

8 minutes ago, Sid said:

Not to defy the ruling or its logic, but yet again, that is not mentioned anywhere in the rules, although you have "Passive Character Traits simply have an effect at all times, or when the defined requirements are satisfied."

Now that I think about it, Ready to Go only applies when Greede is off the pitch so what I just said is demonstrably false.

Hmm, while that's an interesting point, allowing models to be suffering conditions when not on the Pitch may have other ramifications and I'm not opening a can of worms here. 

We'll look into this for future rules writing, but the ruling stands.