Sign in to follow this  
Igpus

The Rookies are here!

I want these. But can someone explain to me why I want these? Is this going to be a different format than regular GB or will they be usable in regular GB games too? I don't really get it. Are these like the opposite of veteran models?

1 hour ago, Zerachial said:

I want these. But can someone explain to me why I want these? Is this going to be a different format than regular GB or will they be usable in regular GB games too? I don't really get it. Are these like the opposite of veteran models?

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/guild-ball-gets-player-progression-campaign?rq=Rookies

Brewers win this one. He-Mash is amazing. :D quite like Venin and Jac too. A few pretty boring ones, like Boiler though slipped in there. 

11 minutes ago, Zerachial said:

Hmmm... so something I could get our local group to play but not so much at the larger conventions?

I'm sure there will be a Rookie League Kit coming at some point for a Pundit or Store to run said League.

They look great, but who knows how you explain to your other half. Why you want something that you can't use MOST of the time and that you have another model of this figure, sorry, these figures, and sure it's a great deal. It's only 3 times what you would pay for the farmers, or was that 4!?

£144 is not small change in my house.

Yes I would like them. Can you put them into 2 boxes so that perhaps I can get it under the radar by buying one at a time?

I  just got the "OK" to go to Steamcon. The rats and new cards will be slipping in in April.

Christmas & my birthday have just past.:wacko:

Not hugely impressed by several of those sculpts - Fangtooth, Ghast and Jac are exceptions - and unfortunately for me there is no club that does Guild Ball round here so not gonna get a league organised. Like the idea though, and alt scuplts always interesting (squarely aimed at vet players though). Hopefully they'll be available at Salute (14th April) so I can have a look and be tempted...

You can buy them one at a time and use them as alternate sculpt of non-rookie version. I was only missing Fangtooth for my unions and I really like this sculpt ! (way better than bunnyguy anyway)

39 minutes ago, Lemminkäinen said:

Why the bizarre oily surface texture for the renders? It looks just really weird. And... why? 

I think that’s a sort of metal-look render, it might be just to improve how the details and such show up on the images. If it was just matte grey, the size of the images could make the sculpts look a bit flat. 

1 hour ago, Lemminkäinen said:

Why the bizarre oily surface texture for the renders? It looks just really weird. And... why? 

It really is super weird. 

I just found the single rookies on the webstore. Buying them all at once is exactly the same price as buying them singly. All you might save is postage. Though if you are into completeness maybe you would by all of them. I have never suffered from that degree of OCD.

From the Blog:

"The players currently available to play in a Rookie League are..."

Does that mean we'll be seeing other rookie players in the future....? :)

2 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

From the Blog:

"The players currently available to play in a Rookie League are..."

Does that mean we'll be seeing other rookie players in the future....? :)

Yes. The rookie league organized play pack for instance says it comes with two exclusive sculpts. My guess is Ratcatchers and Falconers maybe

Do we know if these are going to be metal or plastic yet? I’m assuming metal. Also, curious if they will be multi-part or single cast, they kinda look like they are going to single cast