Xeth1313

Any ideas about the minor guild

I think Tinkers would make a perfect minor guild for Blacksmiths. I asked about this on the Godtear kickstarter comment. The answer was that it will be a long time before Blacksmith's get their minor guild. It didn't seem to have occured to them to make another dark skinned Master but I put the thought in their ear.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:08 PM, foolwiththefez said:

I think Tinkers would make a perfect minor guild for Blacksmiths. I asked about this on the Godtear kickstarter comment. The answer was that it will be a long time before Blacksmith's get their minor guild. It didn't seem to have occured to them to make another dark skinned Master but I put the thought in their ear.

the tinkers feel much more like an Engineers minor guild...

But who knows... I was wondering if maybe the miners as a more lateral idea? who supply the materials for the blacksmiths to work... 

or a variant of the blacksmiths... the Sword-makers? Farriers? (which i'm sure has been a suggestion somewhere). 

4 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

the tinkers feel much more like an Engineers minor guild...

That's because you play too much DnD ;-) Tinkers didn't make clockwork devices. They were travelers who repaired cutlery and cooking pots. 

Tinkers weren't exactly formally trained or unionised, so you wouldn't expect to see a tinkers guild. But the cutlery, pots and pans would originally have been made by a whitesmith, and they most definitely were unionised.

1 hour ago, Bigtimebam said:

Tinkers weren't exactly formally trained or unionised, so you wouldn't expect to see a tinkers guild. But the cutlery, pots and pans would originally have been made by a whitesmith, and they most definitely were unionised.

Right. And ratcatchers had a guild? Or fisherman? Let's not even start on "alchemists." Whitesmith could work, but Tinkers are, imo, more flavorful.

I would prefer the Watch or Ferriers I think. Watch because more men in armour and Ferriers for a chance to have another mounted model and BLOW THE INTERNETZ MIND! :)

I doubt we’ll see any form of Watch or Guard - they would be like the physicians, too useful generally to end up heavily politicised. They would probably be controlled by the council instead.

Probably true - although a "grey area" Fighters Guild might be possible; especially if they act as a clearing house for the Blacksmiths to sell weapons outside the Guilds (the small fluff we have on the charter appears to only say the Blacksmiths can't sell outside the guilds - not anyone else)

Also options:

Swordsmiths

Silversmiths

Armourers

Farriers (all mounted please haha)

Jewellers

Smelters

Coinsmiths

Locksmiths

Fun could be had with all of these I think ;)

On 4/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, MythicKhan said:

Probably true - although a "grey area" Fighters Guild might be possible; especially if they act as a clearing house for the Blacksmiths to sell weapons outside the Guilds (the small fluff we have on the charter appears to only say the Blacksmiths can't sell outside the guilds - not anyone else)

Also options:

Swordsmiths

Silversmiths

Armourers

Farriers (all mounted please haha)

Jewellers

Smelters

Coinsmiths

Locksmiths

Fun could be had with all of these I think ;)

I like Silversmiths.  Don't really have a reason.

Crazy new idea for Blacksmiths Minor Guild (using the Master/Apprentice mechanic)

A "Tamers" Guild - masters that have tamed/trained animal companions to assist them on the pitch.

The Vet Honour idea suggests people would like the idea - whose with me??