Jump to content
Xeth1313

Any ideas about the minor guild

Recommended Posts

I think Tinkers would make a perfect minor guild for Blacksmiths. I asked about this on the Godtear kickstarter comment. The answer was that it will be a long time before Blacksmith's get their minor guild. It didn't seem to have occured to them to make another dark skinned Master but I put the thought in their ear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 7:08 PM, foolwiththefez said:

I think Tinkers would make a perfect minor guild for Blacksmiths. I asked about this on the Godtear kickstarter comment. The answer was that it will be a long time before Blacksmith's get their minor guild. It didn't seem to have occured to them to make another dark skinned Master but I put the thought in their ear.

the tinkers feel much more like an Engineers minor guild...

But who knows... I was wondering if maybe the miners as a more lateral idea? who supply the materials for the blacksmiths to work... 

or a variant of the blacksmiths... the Sword-makers? Farriers? (which i'm sure has been a suggestion somewhere). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

the tinkers feel much more like an Engineers minor guild...

That's because you play too much DnD ;-) Tinkers didn't make clockwork devices. They were travelers who repaired cutlery and cooking pots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tinkers weren't exactly formally trained or unionised, so you wouldn't expect to see a tinkers guild. But the cutlery, pots and pans would originally have been made by a whitesmith, and they most definitely were unionised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigtimebam said:

Tinkers weren't exactly formally trained or unionised, so you wouldn't expect to see a tinkers guild. But the cutlery, pots and pans would originally have been made by a whitesmith, and they most definitely were unionised.

Right. And ratcatchers had a guild? Or fisherman? Let's not even start on "alchemists." Whitesmith could work, but Tinkers are, imo, more flavorful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer the Watch or Ferriers I think. Watch because more men in armour and Ferriers for a chance to have another mounted model and BLOW THE INTERNETZ MIND! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we’ll see any form of Watch or Guard - they would be like the physicians, too useful generally to end up heavily politicised. They would probably be controlled by the council instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably true - although a "grey area" Fighters Guild might be possible; especially if they act as a clearing house for the Blacksmiths to sell weapons outside the Guilds (the small fluff we have on the charter appears to only say the Blacksmiths can't sell outside the guilds - not anyone else)

Also options:

Swordsmiths

Silversmiths

Armourers

Farriers (all mounted please haha)

Jewellers

Smelters

Coinsmiths

Locksmiths

Fun could be had with all of these I think ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, MythicKhan said:

Probably true - although a "grey area" Fighters Guild might be possible; especially if they act as a clearing house for the Blacksmiths to sell weapons outside the Guilds (the small fluff we have on the charter appears to only say the Blacksmiths can't sell outside the guilds - not anyone else)

Also options:

Swordsmiths

Silversmiths

Armourers

Farriers (all mounted please haha)

Jewellers

Smelters

Coinsmiths

Locksmiths

Fun could be had with all of these I think ;)

I like Silversmiths.  Don't really have a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy new idea for Blacksmiths Minor Guild (using the Master/Apprentice mechanic)

A "Tamers" Guild - masters that have tamed/trained animal companions to assist them on the pitch.

The Vet Honour idea suggests people would like the idea - whose with me??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 12:59 PM, Alphadork said:

Crazy new idea for Blacksmiths Minor Guild (using the Master/Apprentice mechanic)

A "Tamers" Guild - masters that have tamed/trained animal companions to assist them on the pitch.

The Vet Honour idea suggests people would like the idea - whose with me??

How does this make sense with Blacksmiths? This would have been a good idea for maybe the Hunters Guild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doubledragon said:

How does this make sense with Blacksmiths? This would have been a good idea for maybe the Hunters Guild.

I'm guessing the Minor Guild for the Blacksmiths will need something akin to the Master/Apprentice design mechanic to allow for crossover.

My initial idea was for a Guild of Knight and Squires

Fluff wise it's possible - the Blacksmiths made weapons for the use in Century Wars - it isn't that much of a stretch to imagine a Guild that trained warhorses, wardogs, etc for use in the war . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Blacksmiths fluff posted today is an indication (it mentions the Lawkeepers/Watch and their Guild Ball team) then my original idea of master/apprentoce warriors seems plausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alphadork said:

If the Blacksmiths fluff posted today is an indication (it mentions the Lawkeepers/Watch and their Guild Ball team) then my original idea of master/apprentoce warriors seems plausible.

Yes, and maybe a focus on debuffs if we are to read even more into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely surprised me, I was expecting the law to be like the physicians, too important to risk them having a team and thus being biased!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EpicChris said:

I think they've all but announced BS minor here as Watch surely. Farris and Ferrite as ex-watch? Makes sense as then they can be cross-over models.

I guess that depends on if the Watch will use the Master/Apprentice system or not.

Since the Blacksmiths INF is balanced by the master/apprentice pairs it might not be that easy to use them in a guild without the same division of models so I think the crossover models will be one master and one apprentice.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

I guess that depends on if the Watch will use the Master/Apprentice system or not.

Since the Blacksmiths INF is balanced by the master/apprentice pairs it might not be that easy to use them in a guild without the same division of models so I think the crossover models will be one master and one apprentice.
 

Agreed - I think the Blacksmiths Minor Guild will need some form of the Master/Apprentice mechanic to allow for player crossove

If it's the Watch then pairs of "partners" (less experienced with more experienced) could work

We could have players with traits (or maybe CP's) like

"What's all this then?" or "I'm to old for this $%#&" 

This stuff would just write itself

;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I wonder if the Lawman might be a guild of debuffers (anti-Brewers). Buffing is getting a little out of control and while SFG have wisely avoided Purification (because it's universally hated), they might want a Guild that balances some of these out. Perhaps they might be the Guild to control some of this (apply the LAW...) because historically the introduction of Law often comes with the concept of balance (Scales of Justice). They might provide anti-buff debuffs such as 'Smashed Wrist: -1 DMG to Playbook DMG results and character plays',  sort of thing.

Calling it now - I bet the mascot is a bulldog...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×