Sign in to follow this  
NoSorumbo

Alchemist Midas List - Pure Guild - Need Help!

So, with the introduction of the minor guilds, I sold my Union (my least favorite team), and have been playing pure factions with my Masons, Fishermen, Butchers, & Alchemists.  This hasn't been a problem either until I got to testing teams with Midas leading the Alchemists.  Now, keep in mind, I am not a bad player at all, but I am struggling to build an alchemist pure list with Midas with any table presence.  Below is my tournament 10 currently, although I am open to suggestions, and the different lists I have tested with Midas:

Midas, Smoke, Naja, oKat, vKat, Calculus, Mercury, Vitriol, Compound, Venin

NOT FOLLOWING MY TOURNAMENT 10 - THESE WERE JUST TESTS - I've played alot of games with Alchemists, but always with smoke and with high success.  I just want to push my comfort zone and learn how to play Midas.

Test 1: Midas, Flask, Vitriol, Calculus, Compound, oKat      vs. Scorey Blacksmiths

Test 2: Midas, Naja, oKat, Calculus, Vitriol, Venin    vs. Butchers

Test 3: Midas, Naja, oKat, Vitriol, Venin, Compound     vs.   Fish

Am I drafting bad?  In a vacuum, what players does Midas want to surround himself with and why?  What are everyone's roles?  Why does Vitriol seem so lack luster?

Please Help (and remember, no Union suggestions)!

I usually take Midas, Vitriol and Crucible and then if i want more defense/scoring, Naja and compound or more beating, Flask and VKat, then I will usually add either Mercury or Calculus to taste. 

I rarely ever took Union though, except when I was doing a full court press scoring list. I haven't played Smoke since the Midas nerf, but I also haven't had a chance to play tournament alchemists either, but I do pretty well. 

Sometimes if I'm feeling saucy, I'll take Venin. His 2.8 kick is a dangerous way to live, but it's ok. Sometimes I just want to get him to work ; ; 

I played midas-naja-vitriol-compound-mercury-okat against butchers in two games this weekend. 

Midas and vitriol were constantly pressuring the ball while okay and compound controlled the center. Naja supported where she needed to and mercury was my wing ball retrieval and fire control. Both games went really well.

I've started to move away from Union when I can, but they are often difficult to avoid. However, that said, they have good options within the guild to handle most takers.

My Normal line up is usually: Midas, Smoke, Naja. Vitriol, Compound, oKat, vKat, Calculus, Mercury and Venin.

I've normally been a Midas player, with more like a pocket smoke if I want a different kind of game or I see a matchup I am reasonably comfortable with. Masons and Morts and Hunters in particular. I lean more to the scoring game using conditions for control and chip damage. Vitriol and Midas often are the "fishermen" and pieces I use to reel in and crowd out a model that's activated for a beatdown by one of the Kat's when it comes to the take out game. Calculus is almost on every team I field, Blind does so much work against most teams it's hard to go from home without it.