Sign in to follow this  
Redmaw

sBrisket / Solthecian Ten

Okay, I know there is another topic discussing the actual retail of the "Solthecian" box and there are probably numerous other posts with hints and tips regarding this, but.. 

I'm looking to put together a Solthecian based team focusing around the new box and a more football oriented play style and have a bunch of questions. 

1) other than not knowing what "big cat" does, are there any major weaknesses or synergy issues with the core 6 in the "Faithful" box.? 

2) would Blackheart or vRage be a better backup captain, I'm leaning to the ghost pirate for thematic reasons but I know most people seem to think vRage is a must bring for tournament lists. 

3) same as above but for mascots, would I even need a spare.? Hard to tell without knowing the rules for "big cat".. 

4) any must have players for the last 2/3 slots.? I kinda want to include the new Gutter sculpt but torn between Decimate, Minx and Snakeskin.. 

Thanks for any advice in advance..

~Red

I used to have Rage as a back up captain. But I'm not sure why, but Veteran Rage and I will never become friends.

My ten at the moment are Brisk3t (Number 1 Captain), Blackheart, Coin, A&G, Benediction, Grace, Mist, Decimate, Harry and oRage.

Pride will hopefully subtitute Coin. If Pride is a no go with either Blackheart or Brisket and have no clue, who must stay at home.

17 hours ago, Sonny said:

My ten at the moment are Brisk3t (Number 1 Captain), Blackheart, Coin, A&G, Benediction, Grace, Mist, Decimate, Harry and oRage.

I've concidered oRage primarily for Tooled Up and some added "stabbey" if I find a match up I need to be more aggro against. Everything I have read seems to suggest Decimate is a "must have" even above Gutter and the "First Light" duo, but I'm still trying to crowbar Minx in somewhere.. It may just be that I'm used to using her as a crutch in previous Hunters and Masons teams but the amount she brings to the table for little to now influence just seems too good not to abuse in some way..

For me Decimate is a Key Piece. With Brisket, Coin, Mist and Decimate are set against every opponent independent from kicking or receiving.

And with Blackheart, Coin and Decimate are set against every opponent independent from kicking and receiving. (Have a Blackheart model only since Dark Harvest and not played very often yet. At the moment Mist was also in every line up, but here I can imagine without her).

Decimate is such a versatile tool and espiacally with Brisket, sometimes your only hope against killing the ball.

And if the enemy is killing the ball, she can switch from Football to beat down in a heartbeat. Yes she is very Inf hungry, but convert every Inf into MP.

Would love to take Minx with me, but have no clue who to leave. Tooled Up so crazy good on Blackheart and the others I need for Brisket...

I had probibly my best game ever with Brisket at the helm. Haven't seen the lion, but strongbox is super survivable.

Brisket, Benny, grace, strongbox, mist and gutter.

Gutter can straight delete people, but she's best held back while Benny and strongbox jam up the middle, then swung in from the side to keep the others safe from her.

vRage is the better backup captain (and in most cases the best captain). 

Tournament 10;

brisket- can make a 2nd turn one goal after mist.

vrage- turn gutter and others into slaughter machines

strongbox- tough hide and shelling out

benny- solthecian, tough, 2" and a ton of great stuff.

grace- solthecian, free inf, heals people.

mist- games best striker

gutter- killer

a&g- crowdout bonuses

minx- needs nearly nothing to be good

decimate- solid backup striker, can generate momentum