Mako

The Casual Mortician

Tonights game was against Esters, in a mostly football focussed lineup - Mash, Quaff, vSpigot, Friday and Stoker. Basically, the second box swapping pintpot out.

So I faced it down with Scalpel, Dirge, Bonesaw, Graves, Cosset and Ghast. And it was at times horrendous, at times glorious... plus for the first time I had a gameplan card above +5 in my hand!

I had to kick, so tried having Scalpel send the ball out onto the wing where her and Bonesaw could possibly interfere with it. Of course, Spigot promptly grabbed it and passed it back to Mash. So instead I had Graves tool Scalpel up, and she went to town with a sprint, her legendary, then some high rolling momentous pushes, dodges and damage. She didn't kill him, but did second wind away to leave him just close enough to the edge that Bonesaw could Unexpected Arrival him for an early 2 points :D

Bonesaw continued to make a nuisance of himself the next turn, stealing the ball off Quaff and (along with Wake the Dead) absorbing two full activations (including Esters) to get rid of him. Friday meanwhile made it to the goal by weaving through a gauntlet of Ghast, Cosset, Dirge and Graves to score. Luckily the ball scattered well off the goal kick, leaving it in easy range of a returning Bonesaw under the influence of Showboating. Scalpel sprinted and second winded right across the pitch to support him while Cosset, Dirge and Graves tried to finish off Friday. Still, all I needed to do was score and push Friday out of Cosset's melee so she could charge. Scalpel and Bonesaw first, to farm some momentum since Showboating was my gameplan.

Bonesaw passed to Scalpel, and... missed. Lucky scatter meant it landed near Scalpel, where Bonesaw could jog to collect it. So he tried again, making the pass, dodging, and Scalpel... fluffed the pass. The ball twanged off towards Spigot, but luckily it still crossed Bonesaw's massive base so he intercepted it for yet another go! Finally, he passed to Scalpel, she passed it back (barely - I rolled 1, 2, 4 both times) and he made one last dodge into range for a shot that connected! 

Ghast then charged Friday, needing to hit his column 2 :PP: or leave a tooled up Cosset pinned in place with no Inf to do anything (I gave Bonesaw 4 as overkill, and then needed it all for that goal run). He rolled 13 dice total - one 5, one 4, SEVEN 2s and some 1s. Thirteen dice and he couldn't even get two damn hits?! After the pathetic passing display before it, I was not pleased. Fortunately @Secondbreky helped me shake it off, even quicker later on when his crazy hot dice (he was getting 7 hits on 8-9 dice consistently) then decided he'd miss a five dice kick :P

Graves went down to an onslaught (taking the 3 Inf that I'd stupidly given him as well in the hope of a Scything Blow), Friday went down to a parting blow from Cosset, and Bonesaw/Scalpel roughed up spigot.

It all came down to the next turn. I snuck initiative with a +6 letting Cosset charge up and finish off Spigot, then Mash made it down to my goal and scored a Screamer on the point blank tap in, ending the game 12-10 to the Brewers.

So yeah... there was a patch in the middle where I really lost my enthusiasm, facing appalling dice and struggling to achieve even basic stuff. Hard to learn anything about a complex team when you can't even get basic things done! Got past it though, and really it was a pretty good game.

I'm starting to get to grips with some of the parts of the team, I think. Graves basically stood at the back and handed out Tooled up to Cosset, so for most of the game was just a battery and Tooled Up machine. I'm sure he can do more, but that was enough this time. Bonesaw scored 6 points with Scalpel assisting both times (and once on each wing, too), but then was kind of lost in the wilderness late game as the ball and brawl ended up at my goal and he was at the other.

For the first time, Cosset didn't die and got two take outs - she didn't just trade 2VP for herself like usual! I missed Silence on the turn Esters used her Legendary, but otherwise I was happy having Graves. Maybe next time I'll give him more than one, on a turn he isn't going to die first activation ;)

Scalpel with tooled up does a surprising amount of damage with multiple attacks when she rolls well, and she can really farm momentum while positioning people for something unfortunate. She can put herself into almost any position on the pitch to support Bonesaw's scoring with second wind and a sprint (even if I can't roll dice for toffee), and wake the dead can suck more inf out of the enemy than it costs. I was kind of surprised at a lot of that, she usually doesn't do much but runs about achieving less than I hope. 

This was a more football team though, so while I did face some damage dealing it wasn't Tapper level. I still had the usual inf stack deleted during first activation though, which was kind of stupid of me. I need to keep my back line more mobile I think, not let the advancing scrum catch my fragile players (so almost all of them), and remember that morticians are not a tanky or beaty team and won't survive if I let them get charged! Always run away if possible...

Another week, another game against the Brewers :)

Esters again, though this time with Scum, Spigot, Friday, Pintpot and Mash. We were drafting, so after much internal debate (well, some. (Ok, almost none)), I had picked Scalpel, Dirge, Ghast, Cosset, Graves and Bonesaw.

I drew a +7 and +6 gameplan, and one that gave me +1/+0" kick for everyone (which I thought would be great for a goal run, as I can usually miss 3 dice kicks all day!). And after losing the roll off, I was receiving. I stacked up centre and right, where it was somewhat lighter on football capable brewers, but quite heavy on Esters, and Friday kicked off to my left flank. 

Lucky scatter put me in range for Dirge to collect it, and pass it back to Ghast with his immense 1/4" kick... which he managed! The rest of the turn for me involved Ghast (1/6") passing to Scalpel and succeeding, Scalpel second wind-ing Bonesaw then passing to him so he could dodge forward, and then Bonesaw attempting the most kicking he's ever had to do: Pass to Graves and dervish back to gain MOM, then pass to Scalpel and dervish back to get 8" of dodge (through rough ground and burning that Esters had thoughtfully dropped on him and Scalpel), clear conditions, jog forward, and punt the ball at the goal. 

We all know my track record with 3 dice kicks, so imagine my surprise when every kick went off and Bonesaw ended the turn with that ever helpful turn one goal and a jog back into a safer wing position. Mash scored in retaliation, and my goal kick ended up wide and behind Scalpel, with momentum even...

Turn two started with both of us playing high gameplans, but luckily I won the roll off. My gameplan also allowed me a 4" dodge, putting Scalpel on the ball. Once again, she passed to Bonesaw who saved the momentum, jogged up, meditated, and booted in another goal. This is the tricky part of the game for me in Morticians, when I have to find the last few points with my fragile players getting dragged down by the much meatier Brewers.

In fact, that's pretty much what happened. Scalpel was low on health and on fire, as were Graves and Cosset, and Friday/Spigot were on the other side of fire and rough ground from most of my killers. Esters very nearly killed Scalpel before she could activate, but burning my momentum on defensive left her on one health. Good job too, as she had 6 Inf! She gave herself reanimate just in case, then slipped away with no injuries from Ester's parting blow so she could hand out reanimate to Cosset and Graves. The plan was for Cosset to Crazy, reanimate, then charge and see if she could do some damage, but instead she used up all of Pintpot's efforts to kill her. I had Dirge run up to Scum, who as expected Unpredictable'd away, and Graves could then tool himself up and charge over without needing to get to base contact. The actual plan was to charge and do something nasty to Scum and Mash (who was further across and had the ball), but I couldn't quite make it. So I smacked the cat for three wounds and bleed, and settled for getting in the way and (accidentally, I'll admit) clogging up Mash's scoring lane, but not enough to actually stop the goal. 10-8 to the Brewers, and I had the ball up vaguely near Bonesaw. Granted I wouldn't get first activation, Graves would probably not surive a Mash assault, and I'd be lucky if I got chance to actually do anything about that free ball, but still!

We promptly went into maintenance for turn 3, at which point Scum was taken out and I went to take Scalpel's health down by one thanks to burning. Neither of us had actually realised it until that point, but a one health Scalpel on fire meant the game was over, 12-9 to the Brewers!

The Bonesaw Scalpel pairing proved even more effective than usual this time, as I was trying to not engage and focus on scoring. Two goals in two turns for them was pretty sweet. Problem was, I ended up with the battle line forming on my side of the halfway line, with Cosset Graves and Scalpel all getting thumped badly because they got caught in the fringes of it. At some point I'll learn that I can *not* draw battle lines against the brewers, they enjoy that too much! 

Which actually means Cosset may be the next model to get a temporary switch out. She's not a reliable VP source against Brewers for me, can't really play the football game, and when I have Graves and her mostly occupied with sitting back trying not to die then one turn of trying to kill something before one or both dying, I'm wasting space on my team. WIth Obulus she can probably do more as he can force Friday or Spigot into an exposed position. He'd also be able to reclaim the ball easier, and get it back to Bonesaw. But he's not prepped or painted, and I don't want to give up on Scalpel - I feel like I'm starting to get a grip on her at times, so swapping her out isn't really my favourite idea. So Cosset may take a seat in favour of Silence (better kick stats, and his control abilities might be handy. If not the burning, then shutting out Esters from buffing anyone or tucking Friday without the ball). That may be the next change.

Strangely though, to increase my control game I'm actually considering Vileswarm - Dirge handing out Singled Out isn't doing me any big favours (often there isn't a useful time for it), and with Cosset gone the rat's Rabid Animal, Vindictive (Human) and momentous double push might actually provide a bit more annoyance for the slowly forming scrum. Then I can try to mess the scrum up while remembering to not form a battle line in front of my goal... don't need to be giving them such easy, static targets, so spread out and scatter! Granted, he's not as quick so I'd maybe have to plan for someone else going for the ball. Still, he's not painted so for the moment it's not happening :)

Silence is useful into Esters as he can use his character plays as a 1 dice/INF burn to get rid of Glutt Mass. The pile of rats would work for that too! If she chooses to kill them she gets poisoned! :-)

I’m so bad for forgetting gluttonous mass... I don’t ever focus on Esters as trying to take out any Brewers that aren’t Friday or Spigot is kind of a waste of effort. Which then often leaves me needing to generate just one extra momentum and of course gluttonous mass screws that up...

Hopefully Silence is as useful as last time, and after this week is over I can get back to prepping more morticians. I have way too much going on in the next five days :D

I did play last week, but was basically zoned out and don’t really remember any of it. I played like a twonk though, and lost to six takeouts. 

This week I took a break to play ratcatchers. Lost 12-2 to Tapper, but they were pretty good fun (I still played like a muppet, but was actually awake while I did it this time :P ). Just reading their cards and getting them on the table shook up my mortician habits a bit, so I’m pretty happy that I can use them to break up my play and maybe come up with some new ideas.

Next week... not sure which I’ll play. Will decide on the day :)

On 18/04/2018 at 9:41 PM, Mako said:

I did play last week, but was basically zoned out and don’t really remember any of it. I played like a twonk though, and lost to six takeouts. 

This week I took a break to play ratcatchers. Lost 12-2 to Tapper, but they were pretty good fun (I still played like a muppet, but was actually awake while I did it this time :P ). Just reading their cards and getting them on the table shook up my mortician habits a bit, so I’m pretty happy that I can use them to break up my play and maybe come up with some new ideas.

I recognise this!  Do it all the time.

It doesn’t help that I misread miasma’s card several times over, so I still don’t know what the rats really do. But it hopefully shook me out of my habits a bit :D

Tonight's game was against Esters, Quaff, Pintpot, Friday, Spigot and Hooper.

Bored of having lower INF than my opponent, I decided to go for Scalpel, Dirge, Bonesaw, Cosset, Graves and Silence. 

I had a plan to lessen the usual smash in the face of rough ground and burning AoEs on top of each other crippling Scalpel, but then I won the roll. So with most of my team having good (for morticians) kicks, I thought I'd receive. Grabbed the ball with Scalpel, passed it back and Second Winded the heck out of there to reduce the inevitable Esters impact. Passed it across the team (mostly successfully, even Dirge's failed pass to Bonesaw was positioned carefully enough that the scatter let him intercept. Was all going well until Bonesaw fluffed his dervish pass to Scalpel, and instead had to use his move to sneak round the back and retrieve it. Cosset lured Friday in on the left wing to get her away from being able to join Spigot on goal runs. Silence had Shut Out Esters, but then that left her going last with four or five buffs, which mean her legendary deleted poor Silence :P

Turn two cost me Cosset, while Bonesaw tore up the pitch to punt in a ball (he scored first roll, but I used meditation to reroll two of the dice in the hope of a Screamer (unsuccessfully, but worth a try!). Graves fluffed a charge yet again, doing one damage to Friday (that boy is useless...), Silence went down to Hooper, and once again the momentum race was easily won by Brewers.

Spigot then managed to launch a goal in right down the centre, and the next activation Bonesaw's response was to charge him, get a momentous dodge off, and hoof the ball at the goal... with meditation and bonus time I only got one dice that made it to a 4!

Esters then ambled over to Graves, knocked him on his ass and took him out from full without trying. Game over, 12-8.

Having the extra INF was lovely, and to be honest I didn't miss Ghast much. I let a scrum form again eventually, this time on the bottom left of the pitch as I looked at it. I shouldn't have returned models to it, but I always have ideas as to what they can do. And then run into the reality of the Brewers just deleting them without even using a full stack of Inf... generally I have better DEF than them but the amount of dice and attacks they put out makes that irrelevant... I just have to stop feeding the scrum and bring on returning models on the other flank, even if Friday is sitting there on seven health!

vHemlocke would've been nice to have, Cosset basically just gave away VP this time and Graves was an Inf sink with no real benefit. Maybe dropping one of those two for her would provide some uses. Also need to keep Silence further back in safety, as @Secondbreky really does not like him :D

But it may be all change next week, for two reasons - we may not have time for Guild Ball so it might be Godtear, and the tournament @Secondbreky's Brewers are going to is this weekend so he's toying with changing it up afterwards :)  

1 hour ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Did you use 'Tooled up' on Scalpel? I have found it hard to do more than once. I want Graves to be somewhere other than within 4" of Scalpel.

Once, and it was only because I had nothing better to do with that inf turn 1...

This is probably going to sound like a big ol’ whinge, but...

Scalpel basically serves as a wake the dead/second wind supplier and a football dervish target for me. Aside from one occasion where I managed to get a kick-off scatter to land in the perfect place and Spigot came out to retrieve it, when I gave her a full stack and tried to push him off the pitch, I’ve never really bothered to do more than one attack with her (she was tooled up then, but even with good rolls and a full stack she didn’t kill him. I was aiming to try and push him off the pitch and she didn’t do that either, Bonesaw had to finish the job).

I’m finding tooled up a waste of precious inf into brewers as they’re impossible to get takeouts on that don’t involve three of my team being clumped around a target and promptly getting slaughtered, trading 2VP for 4-6VP (and first activation, and usually an activation lost in the next turn). With that being the case, Graves is kind of a waste of space as bleed on one target is also quite pointless, and he’s never hit that column 5 scything blow yet.

Scalpel, even tooled up, needs huge amounts of inf to actually do any significant damage to the brewers, which means on a team that usually caps out at a paltry 12 inf I need that elsewhere (having 13 inf to match the brewers meant not having Ghast, who can break up a scrum and survive an attack). Her two plays are useful, but even then wake the dead is kind of weak because the pillow fisted end of the brewers can still usually batter through it without too much trouble. Her attacks do a bit of positioning and damage, but it’s never enough to achieve any real control so I’d rather use the inf to try and slow up the takeouts. Tormented agony has been used twice in all my mortician games (including before this thread)... it’s so niche that it’s basically not there for most of the games. I’ve maybe once made a goal run trickier, but that’s it. 

So all in all, I’d rather not waste tooled up and the 1 inf, plus the 4-6 inf Scalpel needs to actually have an effect on a brewer, on trying for a takeout that just hands them some easy targets. Better to use it for second wind on Bonesaw, or wake the dead on any of my players (I would say my squishier players, but they’re all as tough as wet paper to the brewers...)

The only way I can score points is to basically play keep away and have Bonesaw run his crazy goals!

Now of course I may be using her ‘wrong’, but that’s how I’ve found it works for me. Brewers is a brutal matchup for her.

@Mako I think more than a lot of other teams, you have to pick your take outs very carefully against Brewers. My game plan into them with either captain is 2-2 or 3-0. 4-1 would be if shit absolutely goes wrong. Prime takeout targets: Spigot, Friday, Lucky, Mash (if you have the 2" reach). Esters, Tapper, Hooper should be tar pitted and ignored as best you can. Brewers are particularly vulnerable to the Scalpel corner kick push off due to most of their models being pretty slow. This is even better if you can set up the kick off line to look like you are doing a straight kick, so you get a non-striker to run out and grab it. Esters can kink it if she retrieves though, so have a back up if she sets up across. 

If you are taking Scalpel, I think Cosset is a must take. Her damage is great, but Lure is the real useful bit here vs Brewers as it lets you break their setups. It lets you pull someone in, as a pseudo-PM to get those super useful gang ups without having to overextend. She also helps with the INF efficiency of the team. Conversely, you can use Scalpel as the setup piece, getting all that juicy momentum with push dodges to drag in someone to be taken out by Cosset, Graves or Ghast.

I think Bonesaw into them may be a mistake. Scalpel, oGraves, and vHem all act as strikers plus have other utility. Best case with Bonesaw is he scores a goal, gets taken out, and is then irrelevant for the rest of the match. Worse case, you throw the ball away and give Brewers an easy take out for little gain.

That’s interesting, as I find Bonesaw usually scores twice - I just have to get near the ball and it’s golden. I wouldn’t hit the pitch without him for a scoring game (I just keep him out the main scrum, and give him wake the dead/second wind as needed, and occasionally go for Unexpected Arrival). It’s the rest of my team that gets slaughtered :)

Whenever I try luring someone in with Cosset, I can’t then take them out before the problem members of the team pile in and we’re back to giving up 4-6VPs and using half my inf while I try to get 2VP... even Friday usually survives too long for it to work! And pulling someone dangerous out the scrum to weaken it ends badly for her of course :D

vHemlocke will change the calculations somewhat, but she’s not been prepped yet so isn’t an option for now. She’d probably be more use than Graves for me, letting me dull the impact of the attacks long enough for me to actually send in Cosset and Scalpel to finish Friday or Spigot.

Otherwise, I just can’t get enough time and good attacks in to actually finish either of them off before Esters/Tapper and the gang lands on me and my whole team just melts away :o

Which is my whole problem really, I need to not be engaging them consistently, just dancing around and trying to survive the barrage of ranged AoE damage Esters also puts out. Everyone else’s job is mostly to distract while Bonesaw does his thing and Scalpel supports ;)

Edit: though you've given me food for thought, and I've just realised that I could've used Scalpel with a lot of Inf to go tearing off after Spigot instead of feeding the scrum. I have to stop myself getting tempted into brawling with the Brewers on their terms!

Ten inf fully loads both her and Bonesaw, and that's probably a goal and maybe someone ready for taking out later. And Bonesaw's goal runs can easily be altered to include firing someone at Scalpel to give her a target...

7 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Tempting Brewers to the sidelines and pushing them off always was a thing.

Bonsaw used to help me with this.

Only managed it once, and it cost me 8 inf (9 if you count the tooled up which technically wasn’t necessary), but it was a glorious first turn exit for spigot :D

Confession time - last week, I was the Casual Butcher instead, and romped around the field with Fillet and co for a close game that I lost when Fillet failed to hit siren with a bonus timed pain circle, allowing the Fish to score a third goal.

Today I was back in my Mortician trousers, facing the Brewers for one last time. Tapper, Scum, Pintpot, vSpigot, vDecimate and Hooper. 

I picked Scalpel and Dirge (because who else could I pick...) with Ghast, oGraves, Bonesaw and Silence.

Lucky for me I won the roll off and elected to receive, letting me grab the ball and run away from vDecimate (setting Scalpel up for Bonesaw). Passing it down the line via Silence, who then burned vDecimate to try and reduce her threat range, meant Bonesaw could dodge forward when he got the ball, dervish up, walk, meditate and shoot. I got one six, so I elected to reroll the others and got a second for a Screamer (4-0 Morts) :) 

The turn ended with vDecimate catching Silence but not killing him, and the ball tucked on Scum, next to Hooper and near Tapper. Turn two started with Scalpel spending an entire Stack charging Hooper, dodging round, and repeatedly slapping the cat to get momentum and dodges, stealing the ball, and punting it into the backfield. Proud of that rather low budget shenanigan, as it meant a few minutes of working out how to get it back under control because Bonesaw was lurking...

Scalpel unfortunately didn't survive her little trip into the heart of the Brewers, getting taken out in short order by vDecimate coming back up the wing (4-2 Morts). Meanwhile Ghast roughed up Spigot, Graves (eventually, and somewhat reluctantly) decided to run away and leave Silence to his impending fate next turn and Bonesaw joined in the game of 'kick Spigot while he's down'.

At this point, I decided to change my usual habit of bringing people back on to try and hold the scrum in place, so for turn 3 Scalpel came on and decided to start beating Spigot some more. I know, right? Crazy idea, learning from mistakes :P

Silence met his inevitable end, closely followed by vDecimate scoring a goal (8-4 Brewers). I stayed hiding on the right flank with half the Brewers on the left flank near my goal line, with the goal kick landing behind my team on the right. I'd loaded Scalpel up again so Ghast could knock Spigot down, Dirge could single him out, Graves could tool her up, and she could do excessive damage (8-6 Brewers), following up into Pintpot to put him on the floor and wound him. Bonesaw meanwhile used the vulnerable Pintpot to dodge a bit further towards the right flank, and set himself up for next turn. The Brewers advanced from the left flank...

Turn four I had initiative thanks to Bonesaw and Scalpel's hitting stuff, so Silence joined the right flank brigade happily. His return jog let him collect the ball and end up in position to drop a fire blast in the way of anyone from the left or centre charging Graves or Silence, pass to Bonesaw, then nip up and Shut Out Pintpot with a bonus timed effort (ok, at DEF 2+ he wasn't likely to miss, but I wanted Pintpot to stay put and :KD: ). Ghast and Scalpel hammered away at Pintpot to build up some momentum, ready for Bonesaw to Dervish, at which point I realised I needed to roll less dice if I just used Swift wind, charged Pintpot, got a dodge or two, and then took the shot. After I'd committed, I realised that left me no Inf for Meditation, but too late... four dice with bonus time, three threes dropped immediately but the last dice kept twisting for what felt like ages until it finally dropped on 5(10-8 Morts). Bonesaw ran the length into the centre of the pitch, about 7" down from the Brewer goal. The goal kick scattered really badly for @Secondbreky, giving it back to Bonesaw rather than to the nearby vSpigot. The turn ended with Scum almost killing Graves (1 health left!), and Pintpot savaging Scalpel (10-10). 

Turn 5 - both on 4 momentum, both needing two points, me with my goal scorer in range with the ball and him with Graves ready to fall over to a stiff breeze... close stuff, but lucky me had a +5 gameplan left. Bonesaw with a full stack punched Spigot, got one hit for :momD: , jogged to tap in range, Meditated, and claimed his second Screamer and third goal of the match!

Finally, I've ruined @Secondbreky's Brewer winning streak :D:D 

Was a seriously tight game that (for me) really turned on playing pansy and staying wide on the right after the Brewers committed to the left. I reckon time with Fillet against the Fish forced me to pick my targets, so this time I was less inclined to just keep feeding that damned scrum, and only commit when I had something I wanted. At last! Shame they're now due for a break :P

Graves was kind of a low use model in this game, he gave Scalpel Tooled Up (which she didn't need to kill Spigot), then mostly ran away a lot. Don't know who else I'd have been better taking though - Cosset would've given up the VP earlier, Brainpan and Memory... possibly? all that :KD: isn't great for them though I suspect. Couldn't lose even more Inf by taking Casket. vHemlocke isn't painted, but she might work well - less damage, but better at keeping the scrum off me. Guess she should get painted soon!

I read through this over lunch time today, and your experiences mirror mine to an alarming degree! 

I think I'll be picking up the Spirit weaver box tonight, and getting Scalpel on the table. I have found her on her own for £8.50 but I can't find any of BP&M or Casket sooo I'll have to stump up for the big box, and hope to make some back selling a spare bonesaw to a desperate Rats player. 

She's good fun, but (unsurprisingly for morts) really easy to use badly I think. Using her plays cleverly can mess with people's ability to score a crucial takeout or get someone out of trouble, but she shone for me this time just by using her to do a bit of useful damage, get the ball moving, and stock up on momentum. She dies real easy the second time round though, so after the first incident she needs a bit more careful use (which I'm not good at, I like to use them recklessly and foolishly :D ).

I've not got much use from most of the rest of her box so far, but that's probably my playstyle combined with facing the Brewers - Casket wasn't getting close enough for a takeout, Brainpan and Memory struggle against :KD:, and Vileswarm/vGraves are still unpainted...

Bonesaw though? He's a legend vs Brewers for me!

Id still be tempted with casket over ghast....to be fair ghast isnt even in my 10.

Also i find silence an odd choice but you made it work.

Scapel with v.hemlock and tooled up is awesome, and utilising casket to slow or punish people coming in (heavy burden and blind are great together). 

I also use bonesaw especially when receiving but i tend to use the puppet to get the pass back from as it over the turn position aggressively and not really give much away.

Glad you finally beat the brewers

I can see Casket having some game, using ghostly visage and occasional heavy burden. Though I do like having access to ghast’s :momKD: and the emergency unmasking, combined with his passive drains.

Casket I think would need momentum to fuel him (its best to assume that rolling 1 die needing a 3 I’ll miss 5/6 of the time, so bonus time is pretty much required on heavy burden), while Ghast can usually net me one or two and provide the knockdown and crowd out - that has come in really handy at key moments for me :) 

Shame the Inf on the team is so low really, 12 barely covers me so dropping to 11 would make a mess of even the “simple” goal runs. And I use the word simple totally wrongly there :P

On 5/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, Stephen78 said:

Id still be tempted with casket over ghast....to be fair ghast isnt even in my 10.

Also i find silence an odd choice but you made it work.

Scapel with v.hemlock and tooled up is awesome, and utilising casket to slow or punish people coming in (heavy burden and blind are great together). 

I also use bonesaw especially when receiving but i tend to use the puppet to get the pass back from as it over the turn position aggressively and not really give much away.

Glad you finally beat the brewers

@Mako only uses scilence to troll me. He has come to realise i'm prmanently on tilt against that model :angry:

13 minutes ago, Secondbreky said:

@Mako only uses scilence to troll me. He has come to realise i'm prmanently on tilt against that model :angry:

Its so true... all I have to do is put him in a corner and the scrum goes straight there :D

Silence is mah boy. Though with VHemlocke coming into play this week he gets bumped out of the way in Scalpel teams at least. Think he still holds some merit with Obulus at the helm. 

I’m wondering if my ‘running away like a wuss’ plans will hit peak efficiency using silence, hemlocke and Casket. Anyone that can get through that pile of blockages deserves the takeout :P

Had a right laugh tonight, we played two games of Dodge Ball instead of a normal game.

I lost both, 12-7 and 12-4, but they were hilarious. Highlights included Midas and Crucible both managing takeout and goal activations that won the games - both with 5-6 point activations involving carefully collecting multiple balls :)

Scalpel finally got to use Tormented Agony, charging Calculus (while already on fire), moving 2 of her 3 inf onto Naja, then tackling her, dodging back and passing to Mercury for the takeout. Naja then got taken out next activation when Memory passed him the ball.

Bonesaw failed to Unexpected Arrival Katalyst off the pitch by 1/8 of an inch, balls flew everywhere, and a good time was had by all.

Did I learn anything? Well, Pelage did a brief stint on the pitch instead of Graves, and she was a suitable pain in the neck, but really? Nope, I just had fun :D