Jotnebane

Game plan deck revealed

Not sure yet how to feel about these. They seem interesting though. Anyone with a better understanding of the game, how are your thoughts about these? 

Seems like an interesting way to make plot cards have broader but less severe and unexpected effects, so I’m in favour as a casual player. I can see what I’m about to get hit with :P

I would have preferred the influence modifier to be 0-2.  Same range but I at least get to play with the base team I built every turn.

Does someone named Midas owe the SFG guys money?   So much hate for a single captain.  Making sure he had the worst version of every option on his card was one thing, but ‘Stick to the plan’ just seems personally spiteful.

I get that ‘showboat’ is a neat rule, but turning the one ability Midas has into a team wide effect accessible to everyone seems excessive at this point.

I think it adds a new level to the game, much more than plot cards ever did. Moving the initiative from sheer impossible when your opponent has 4+ momentum to you having a chance. Your opponent has to limit his choices to the +4 to be sure if you play the +7 initiative. If he doesn't have both +7, he can't be sure you don't have one.

The initiative modifiers are spread out like this.

• +7 - 2x
  • +6 - 2x
  • +5 - 3x
  • +4 - 4x
  • +3 - 3x
  • +2 - 2x
  • +1 - 2x

I can just imagine the cursing when someone draws all the +1,+2 and +3 cards knowing they will have a hard time ever winning initiative.

2 hours ago, Golden said:

Does someone named Midas owe the SFG guys money?   So much hate for a single captain.  Making sure he had the worst version of every option on his card was one thing, but ‘Stick to the plan’ just seems personally spiteful.

I get that ‘showboat’ is a neat rule, but turning the one ability Midas has into a team wide effect accessible to everyone seems excessive at this point.

Harry The Hat already does this, just saying.

7 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

I can just imagine the cursing when someone draws all the +1,+2 and +3 cards knowing they will have a hard time ever winning initiative.

Hitting an event that has 0,0031423% of probability is usually followed by strong reactions. :) 

How does this affect the Big League format? The Big League was built around using Big League-specific plot cards, with which to gain CP and Favours. This Gameplan Deck works in a totally different way and it seems not to be possible to use both the Deck and the old Plot Cards (I think?).

My question: is there anything in the works to make Big League-specific Gameplan cards, or are Big League players forced to keep playing with the old system?

2 minutes ago, Intergalactic Slacks said:

Does the move to the Gameplan deck obsolete the Guild Identity Cards?  Or or GICs still going to become an official part of the game?

No the GIC's were basically a covert play test of the plot card mechanics.

1 hour ago, Gauntlet said:

Harry The Hat already does this, just saying.

Sure does, and better than Midas does to boot.  But Harry can't kick like (pick a striker) and positioning him took some effort while costing a roster slot.  Midas having the worse version redeemed by a nominally better platform isn't a credible argument anymore.  I'm looking forward to the Midas season 4 card, a photocopy of a handwritten post-it-note with just two words on it: "play Smoke".

What happen if a turn 6 (ok, it's not really often...)?

Does it spoil a futur turn-number limit with a Fischer-style timed activation? 

K-Az

I like the mechanic. My main initial concern is that the written effects could affect the game too much, but I've only read through them once, so I'll reserve judgement until I've played. One question: wtf is a squaddie?! 

Just now, Snow said:

One question: wtf is a squaddie?! 

Non-captain, non-mascot model. 

So the remaining 4 models or 5 if you play blacksmiths.

45 minutes ago, K-Az said:

What happen if a turn 6 (ok, it's not really often...)?

Does it spoil a futur turn-number limit with a Fischer-style timed activation? 

K-Az

This has been explained that you just take the deck cards you discarded during play and keep on playing with those.

Would still like to get an answer about the Gameplan Deck and the Big League.

8 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

My B****** printer wants to print 9 of the same image on each page!:angry:

Ahh, Adobe acrobat... got to love its unusual ways :D

You got it sorted?

This is what I get on my screen and it seems to work fine:

wmrF0zp.jpg

Of course, to have one set of rules and none of the title pages, you only need to print pages 3-21. But I wanted to check if it was working ok on my computer before I went and turned the printer on :)