-1 TAC is useful but I'd have liked to have seen some more interaction with mascots instead. Like a OPT that allows you to (2"-4", tweak as needed) push a mascot within x" directly away from vHonour, friendly or enemy. Nothing earth shattering but a cute and flavourful ability that might be useful, albeit situational, without making the model overly powerful.

Anyway, she works as an inf battery but I'm still struggling to put together a Thresher team that uses her + Millstone/Tater and can actually get stuff done, and she seems wasted in Grange.

I have an idea I want to try with her and grange.

List is grange, buckwheat, milestone, harrow, v.houner and jack straw.

Brings 15inf and will more than likely be on 20inf a turn, enough to fully stake the whole team. You have a Beaty core of grange, milestone and v.houner with millstone and v.hounor dealing out momentus 3 damage on 2 hits at tac 6under granges hounst labour with him setting it up and KD a couple of targets then beating some one up wile tooled up from Harrow. Buckwheat and jack straw provide viable goal threats.

haven't tried it yet but in theory it sounds fun.

I think it will end up being some what ineffecicient, and actually not all that fun to play when you don't really achieve much. To max out you need only 4 inf, and you can create at least 6 markers in a turn no bother, leaving you with many havest markers just sitting around doing nothing.

You need some more Repears in there as they generally get more done with the INF than the Planters do. Generally faster, better at getting the ball, killing etc.

Oh I half expect as much as that's how they've been design to work but still want to try it out for the hell of it and you never know there could be a (admittedly slime) chance that it works fine.

15 hours ago, Commander Vimes said:

If this is working as I think it is, Honour + Ploughman might be the way to go:

Well it's certainly made me stop and think.... 

So first thoughts are to see if I can build a different Thresher line up. A pair of new Planters mean that Harrow and Jackstraw must be out. Honour and Ploughman can reliably generate 4 HMs a turn for the cost of 2 inf. To do that with the previous Planters I would need at least 3 inf, and Harrow would need to roll dice. 

I've lost the range of HM placement from Jackstraw, but Honour can also be used to get markers to a lonely and surrounded Thresher as well.

What intrigues me most though is that Honour and Ploughman want 1 inf each, where I'd give Jackstraw 2 normally, and Harrow 1, so I've now got an extra inf to play with...

My other 2 squaddies are Millstone and Tater. With an extra inf I could possibly swap Tater for Fallow?

I'm wary cos that's a beater team with no damage buffs at all, but still I'd have a base 10 inf, and place 5 HMs every turn, using 2 of those to feed Fallow, and start the next turn with 13 inf.  2 of those will go to Honour and Ploughman to generate the next round of markers, so that leaves 11 - 5 for Thresher, 2 for Buckwheat, 3 for Millstone, and Fallow only needs to be allocated 1 as we can top that up later.

Seems like a pretty efficient team to me, and should be easy to keep the inf flowing. Gonna try it out and report back :)

5 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

So first thoughts are to see if I can build a different Thresher line up. A pair of new Planters mean that Harrow and Jackstraw must be out. Honour and Ploughman can reliably generate 4 HMs a turn for the cost of 2 inf. To do that with the previous Planters I would need at least 3 inf, and Harrow would need to roll dice. 

I've lost the range of HM placement from Jackstraw, but Honour can also be used to get markers to a lonely and surrounded Thresher as well.

What intrigues me most though is that Honour and Ploughman want 1 inf each, where I'd give Jackstraw 2 normally, and Harrow 1, so I've now got an extra inf to play with...

My other 2 squaddies are Millstone and Tater. With an extra inf I could possibly swap Tater for Fallow?

I'm wary cos that's a beater team with no damage buffs at all, but still I'd have a base 10 inf, and place 5 HMs every turn, using 2 of those to feed Fallow, and start the next turn with 13 inf.  2 of those will go to Honour and Ploughman to generate the next round of markers, so that leaves 11 - 5 for Thresher, 2 for Buckwheat, 3 for Millstone, and Fallow only needs to be allocated 1 as we can top that up later.

Seems like a pretty efficient team to me, and should be easy to keep the inf flowing. Gonna try it out and report back :)

I like this alot

8 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

So first thoughts are to see if I can build a different Thresher line up. A pair of new Planters mean that Harrow and Jackstraw must be out. Honour and Ploughman can reliably generate 4 HMs a turn for the cost of 2 inf 

Ploughman and hounor generate 3HM in total for 2inf.

• Crofting time: 1 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Fields of Wheat: 0 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 3)
  •  

2 minutes ago, Wild Rose said:

Ploughman and hounor generate 3HM in total for 2inf.

• Crofting time: 1 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 2)
  • Fields of Wheat: 0 new HM + 1(for fertile soil) (Total 3)
  •  

Yeah good point, and I also forgot to factor in that Thresher will want to use one of them for DFtR. Still think it's a workable team though and looking forward to trying it out.

With Jack and Harrow you are going to be getting 3x HMs for 2 Inf. Harrow needs to be within 6 of the rest of the team to use his healing, so bumping him forwards an extra couple of inches means that he can use Sow the Seeds for free. With Harrow and Jack vs vHonour and Ploughman, it's more a matter of the style of game you want to play. With Harrow's tooled up and Jack Striking, they allow you to play a more aggressive game, whereas Ploughman is quite tanky and can slow your opponent down allowing for a more defensive play-style.

27 minutes ago, ningu said:

With Jack and Harrow you are going to be getting 3x HMs for 2 Inf. Harrow needs to be within 6 of the rest of the team to use his healing, so bumping him forwards an extra couple of inches means that he can use Sow the Seeds for free. With Harrow and Jack vs vHonour and Ploughman, it's more a matter of the style of game you want to play. With Harrow's tooled up and Jack Striking, they allow you to play a more aggressive game, whereas Ploughman is quite tanky and can slow your opponent down allowing for a more defensive play-style.

Yeah the amount of inf I spend on HMs with Jack and Harrow will be the same, but I will allocate them at total of 3 each turn as Harrow will usually be trying to Tool Up somebody.

The loss of Tooled Up is definitely significant, but the line up affords me the option of bringing Fallow and having 2 deadly beaters on the pitch at once. 

It does depend on the style of play, and there are always compromises with every line up in this game. So far I've been unable to concoct a workable Thresher team other than the usual 6, I think this one does it for me.

17 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

Yeah the amount of inf I spend on HMs with Jack and Harrow will be the same, but I will allocate them at total of 3 each turn as Harrow will usually be trying to Tool Up somebody.

The loss of Tooled Up is definitely significant, but the line up affords me the option of bringing Fallow and having 2 deadly beaters on the pitch at once. 

It does depend on the style of play, and there are always compromises with every line up in this game. So far I've been unable to concoct a workable Thresher team other than the usual 6, I think this one does it for me.

If you are playing into a slower, more scrumy team, it looks like it will work. I want to try this out, but I left vHonour at home this morning <_<

On 17/04/2018 at 12:31 AM, Laughnchill said:

I like this alot

Tried this line up last night... very interesting! Ploughman and Honour made hm placement trivial lol.

Inf was plentiful so found it easy to bunch up and take control with a nice meat grinder. Ultimately lost because I gambled and used Honours inf on an unlikely take out and failed to set myself up for next turn. Strong team though,  will explore further.