I get what Honour does. But I don’t get when you’d take her over a ‘better’ player. She moves things around (short ranged) and can tackle a bit (7” and vulnerable to counters) and is 3/3 and 3+/2 but...wouldn’t you rather have Harrow or Jack Straw. I mean you’re always going to take Millstone and Tater even after nerfs so....I’m unsure when she goes into battle. I’d rather take Ploughman. 

2 hours ago, EpicChris said:

3+/2

3+/1 even!

But I'm on this with Chris. She certainly feels like the least impactful exile. At least vGutter has a good chance of making the 10. The rest are no-brainers.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed when I opened the box to check the card. 1 more TAC at least, don't see why she isn't 2 ARM, Sow The Seed's would probably be better, would have liked a 2" melee for the dog biting at peoples heels. Does make me want to make some sheep harvest markers now though...

Complaining about Vet. Gutter hasn't resulted in her being changed... But I wish you the best of luck.

I don't play farmers but Vet. Honours doesn't look very impressive.

From a model point of view, it's a really nice set of figures. I continue to be impressed by the casting quality on the new metals. No more struggling with tricky joints on a lot of these figures ... Veteran Honour and her dog are all cast together in one piece of metal.

Gutter and Harriet are also one piece. Decimate and Hemlocke are in two parts, while Minx is in three (plus three traps). You also get a (standard) ball in the box. They all look to fit together pretty easily. Looking forward to painting them!

Exiles box art could also make a nice dice-tray to follow up the ratcatchers?

E7ADEO4.jpg?1

uEhNXgL.jpg?1

2 hours ago, EpicChris said:

She is pseudo arm 2. The -1 TAC rule is on the back. 

She is better than ARM 2 in that she can only loose one point of ARM against guilds that has access to more than one ARM debuff. Like Blacksmiths who has Weak Point, Searing Strike and Anatomical Precision. 

But it without ARM debuffs ARM is better than -1TAC so I guess it’s situational  

How useful is she into mirror games given that Fields of Wheat works on all harvest markers?

That would be a break from convention though - I assumed implicitly it was your own harvest markers. Is that the intention of the rule or an oversight?

Yes that would be good - but a bit of a dick move. I’m surprised SFG would create a tech piece that is good against its own guild...that’s some weird design. 

Unless I get told otherwise (which is possible) there's no restriction on friendly only.

Wouldn't they also become friendly harvest markers at that point since the original is removed and honour is the friendly model placing the new ones? :huh:

Hmmm. Pending confirmation it looks like vHonour can play Othello with Harvest Markers. This seems a poor design. You’ll end up with Farmer vs Farmer games where the first person to activate Honour converts some enemy markers to friendly and then the enemy Honour converts them all back to enemy markers. Seems a bit dumb and Benny Hillesque. 

2 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

So v.Honour gets a place in every 10 just so she can be used in mirror matches simply because you do not want to sit there without her when your opponent fields her. 

Yeah. I don’t like this. Her legendary means she converts your enemy’s harvest markers and then deletes them and converts to INF

SFG have created a model who is meh into other Guilds but wrecks her own guild. That’s just awful design. 

What I want to know is why Faithful Protector does not give you a bonus crowd out when attacking. I'm assuming models lose a TAC when hitting Honour because of the dog, so why not extend this for when she is actively crowding out an enemy model?

4 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Yeah. I don’t like this. Her legendary means she converts your enemy’s harvest markers and then deletes them and converts to INF

SFG have created a model who is meh into other Guilds but wrecks her own guild. That’s just awful design. 

Couldn't that also be great design if that was the original intention?

23 hours ago, EpicChris said:

She is pseudo arm 2. The -1 TAC rule is on the back. 

Realised this about 10 minutes after posting, but had turned the computer off by then so too late to edit...

6 hours ago, Anudem said:

What I want to know is why Faithful Protector does not give you a bonus crowd out when attacking. I'm assuming models lose a TAC when hitting Honour because of the dog, so why not extend this for when she is actively crowding out an enemy model?

Like this idea. Pseudo TAC 5 seems alright when she clearly wants to be doing 2 hits. She certainly needs something to make her worthwhile, preferably dog based.

9 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Hmmm. Pending confirmation it looks like vHonour can play Othello with Harvest Markers. This seems a poor design. You’ll end up with Farmer vs Farmer games where the first person to activate Honour converts some enemy markers to friendly and then the enemy Honour converts them all back to enemy markers. Seems a bit dumb and Benny Hillesque. 

Probably needs a fix, but I hope they take their time like Thresher and consider a buff to make her better when they errata. It is very disappointing that the First Lady Of Guild Ball is now not even a bench warmer for the Farmers...

3 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Aye. But it’s bad design overall. Creating models that destroy your own guild is inherently counterintuitive. And that is bad design. 

With all due respect to you as a national hero, my gut feeling is that 'destroy your own guild' is an overstatement. Has anyone actually tried it yet? I'd be interested to know. 

I totally agree it’s hyperbole. But what I actually don’t like is the brinksmanshipship it causes. If you take Honour I run a risk you use my resources against me - and that’s new to GB. There’s a reason plays say Friendly or Enemy. This is just some silly janky science into Farmers. Me no likey. 

7 hours ago, Anudem said:

To argue from a story point of view, maybe the dog is a well-trained sheepdog used to protecting things, but not brought up as an attack dog otherwise, so it only acts defensively?

37 minutes ago, S_A_T_S said:

Probably needs a fix, but I hope they take their time like Thresher and consider a buff to make her better when they errata. It is very disappointing that the First Lady Of Guild Ball is now not even a bench warmer for the Farmers...

Maybe while she's sitting on the bench she's plotting her return as Seasoned Honour, captain of the farmer-masons, and winners of the season 10 final match vs Obulus and his zombie robot engineer-morticians!