So I'm a Masons player but I am in the process of painting up my Farmers because of Vet Honour. Do we have any idea what she might do at this point outside of supportive goal keeper role?

That's all that was discussed at the seminar where she was designed. We don't "know" anything more wild speculation is fun anyway. 

<Wild Speculation>

She has a very low move stat but a very high kick.

Her dog is represented by a character play somewhat like Rough Seas from Corsair that lets her steal the ball at range, with a harvest marker down she can do it out of turn when strikers get too close.

She also has a Lure like ability called Belly Rubs! (because the Dog is adorable, he has one floppy ear).

</Wild Speculation>

36 minutes ago, Clement said:

She also has a Lure like ability called Belly Rubs! (because the Dog is adorable, he has one floppy ear).

This! Make this happen :D

3 hours ago, Clement said:

<Wild Speculation>

She has a very low move stat but a very high kick.

Her dog is represented by a character play somewhat like Rough Seas from Corsair that lets her steal the ball at range, with a harvest marker down she can do it out of turn when strikers get too close.

</Wild Speculation>

Thanks for indulging me :P

Rather than Rough Seas (we already have a dog that does 'Fetch'), I see the doggie herding people, so a ranged push/group push, maybe AOE, to represent the Sheepdog aspect. You seen those dogs? Even untrained, they naturally try to herd everything. I've seen them herding ducks, children and (trying) adult walking groups.

At the original seminar (though ideas may have changed completely since) some of the ideas included: that the sheepdog could nip at people's heels to give them an extra move/dodge (as SATS says), that she should maybe still have some aspect of superior strategy as it was one of her signature moves, and that she could be not a reaper or a planter but a "trans-planter" with the ability to reposition harvest markers.

Obviously we have to expect a low move score (could she be 3 inches like Granite? lower?), we think she has perhaps farmer-made leather armour rather than masons metals, so a lower armour score, and the dog seems to be on her base so no Brainpan/Memory moves, but probably an aura effect.

Any of those sound good to me :)

Could we possibly see her a def 2/arm 1 with some sort of ability that says an opponent always suffers from being crowded out when attacking her and she counts for 2 models for ganging up purposes. To represent the dog interfering.

I imagine she could be mov 3/4 with a ranged playbook once per turn like Cinder.

2 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

Rather than Rough Seas (we already have a dog that does 'Fetch'), I see the doggie herding people, so a ranged push/group push, maybe AOE, to represent the Sheepdog aspect. You seen those dogs? Even untrained, they naturally try to herd everything. I've seen them herding ducks, children and (trying) adult walking groups.

Was there a dog that fetched?  I was wracking my brain for one and the closest I could come up with did the opposite. (Snow runs TO the ball)

2 hours ago, Clement said:

Was there a dog that fetched?  I was wracking my brain for one and the closest I could come up with did the opposite. (Snow runs TO the ball)

What happens when YOU play fetch with a dog? In my experience, the dog tends to run toward the ball...

9 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

What happens when YOU play fetch with a dog? In my experience, the dog tends to run toward the ball...

Some friends of mine had a golden cocker spaniel that struggled to learn fetch, she would get distracted partway to the ball and stop for a bit, then start looking around as if she knew she was in the middle of something...

An exceptional case though, I grant you :D

That's just a cocker spaniel, they frequently malfunction on anything that doesn't involve food.  :D

Honour's doggo must have some kind of Round Up!  or Herding! play that dodges her team or pushes the opposition!

17 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

But only some dogs bring it back :). My dog growing up was great at chasing down the ball/frisbee/whatever, and would normally happily sit next to it and stare at you from across the park.

I too have a dog that will chase all the way after the ball only to get distracted at the last possible instant, leaving you to realize that the dog's favorite ball is a bloody long way away and the only person doing the fetching is yourself. Sometimes I wonder if my dog isn't much smarter than I give him credit for, making me fetch his ball for him... :huh:

14 hours ago, Zerachial said:

I too have a dog that will chase all the way after the ball only to get distracted at the last possible instant, leaving you to realize that the dog's favorite ball is a bloody long way away and the only person doing the fetching is yourself. Sometimes I wonder if my dog isn't much smarter than I give him credit for, making me fetch his ball for him... :huh:

My dog can't fetch, can't catch things in the air (VERY RARELY and I think he doesn't really try) and we give him as much credit as being dumb as we can give him :D

Why we love him to bits.

I have to say I like the ideas presented here even though I'm slowly moving away from Farmers as they are as common as corn in a corn field in my local meta (and I HATE being in the crowd, why I went Hunters when they couldn't do anything..... and found out they couldn't do anything)

If she is a goalkeeper, she must, absolutely must have the "Smashed shins" ability. Because she knows a thing or 2 about smashed shins.

I feel like she'd have abilities that drive her team. Not just passive Aura buffs, I'm almost imagining her like a Reverse-Hammer.

She's a hardass who pushes her team to their limits, whether in combat, or scoring.

She'd probably be quite potent in combat herself as she's pretty slow to reach the scrum.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:42 PM, Zerachial said:

Oooh - what if she's more like a sheep dog handler for her team - so abilities that allow out of turn jogs and such!

Windle would love "out of activation" jogs :D

I hope she can do more than reposition harvest markers because I have a feeling......

I think farmers are in desperate need for more goal scoring potential tbh.

Don't know about speculation, but I lived on a farm about 35 years ago and I'm painting the dog like our black and white Border Collie.

On 29/03/2018 at 12:47 PM, Laughnchill said:

I hope she can do more than reposition harvest markers because I have a feeling......

I think farmers are in desperate need for more goal scoring potential tbh.

True but I think it's the ease at which a pure footballing opponent can get early goals that really costs us. I'm hoping Honour will flip the balance a little in the Farmers favour to give us time to get set up, I'm struggling against the aggressive strikers lately.

11 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

True but I think it's the ease at which a pure footballing opponent can get early goals that really costs us. I'm hoping Honour will flip the balance a little in the Farmers favour to give us time to get set up, I'm struggling against the aggressive strikers lately.

I'm frustrated that I really only see effective play from my team when I build killy.

13 hours ago, Laughnchill said:

I'm frustrated that I really only see effective play from my team when I build killy.

Footballing is quite hard in Farmers. Grange, Buckwheat, Bushel and Grace are my best footballing team, works ok but still got exactly fantastic