Mootaz

Who to kick with?

@Mattyg2787 I would trade legendary for a 3VP takeout, especially if it's top of turn 2.  3 VP's up, first activation of turn 2 and having an activation advantage is a very strong position to be in, should put the other team on the defensive too.

I'm in the same boat dilemma wise as who to kick with. I've looked at Piper, he can threaten the ball, possibly pull someone into combat with his pushes. Here is the issue, his TAC 5 means half the time against 5/0, 4/1, and 3/2 (below 50%) he isn't even doing his pushes to get an enemy model enough back into your deployment to setup for an early take out turn two with Scourge. Think kicking with Scourge is maybe the best bet. Generally enemies have solid kickers retrieve the ball, those models generally aren't the most stout. I then have Piper activate second to last, he put Reverie on Scourge.  Scourge sprints into position to jog into combat with the enemy model that has activated and is easy target to pump out 9 or more damage against. The hope is then from the momentum generated from the attacks and disease on the enemy model, to start of the next turn allowing Scourge close out a kill, and hopefully the score is 3-4 if they went for a goal, but more then likely unless a goal oriented team they killed the ball for fear of Piper. Then I play ball hunting the rest of the game, and let Scourge work on easier takeouts for him into the enemies back line. I've noticed I force killing captains to have to about face to deal with Scourge in the back instead of pushing forward into my other Rats, this allows me a better chance to retrieve the ball as well. I have also been putting Miasma on a the opposite flank of Scourge, this makes them think twice when jogging in on a sideline when she can double Rataclysm them off the pitch first activation on the next turn.

7 hours ago, LouisvillePitch said:

I have also been putting Miasma on a the opposite flank of Scourge, this makes them think twice when jogging in on a sideline when she can double Rataclysm them off the pitch first activation on the next turn.

But Rataclysm isn't a push. Please explain.

2 hours ago, LouisvillePitch said:

Yes, I double Rataclysm causing 6 damage, and apply disease. Most models don't come back with over 7 health except a select few. 

Ah yes! The "Devil & the deep blue sea" dilemma. B)

Plus Pelage is there as well you can just give her 1 create a dilemma mechanic by running her to engage or get within 2". Then if they decide to bring in mid board, with Piper's ability to readjust a single team model you can get Scourge on them, or they end up hanging back so far they are a wasting a model's activation for the turn. The harder one I find is pulling off Grave's ability and Scourge's in a turn. Most the time, I want to drop an activation from the opposing player with my first activation with Scourge, a lot like Casket Time, don't want to give them a chance to heal up and loose the 3 VPs that are available.  Still a lot to learn to get these guys down. I'm tempted to run them this weekend at a local event.