Mootaz

Who to kick with?

I'm not really sure what our best kick off option is. For me it comes down to either Bonesaw or Scourge. With Bonesaw I can pressure the ball, with Scourge I can start bringing pain and disease.

I can always bring the other one up with Reverie. But Bonesaw is very vulnerable so far up.

What do you think?

I'd consider Piper.  Haunting Melody seems like a good ability to recover the ball with.  It's also an option to kick with Skulk to discourage teamwork dodges comboing into an early goal and use Reverie to launch Bonesaw up the pitch to try for a late goal.

Yeah, at least for now (ie. until we figure it out), we really want to receive. 

That said, on paper bonesaw or scourge seem to be ok. With reverie we can pretty reliably deliver either bonesaw, scourge or graves. Probably pelage as well.

for me, bonesaw or vgraves seems good for the 4 inf they can take

Kicking off for the Ratcatchers so far feels very friendly and opponent team dependent.

The early threat of Scourge into scrumming teams has potential but I can see Bonesaw being a nice option for when you are wanting to be football orientated.

Piper and his ability to manipulate enemy positions feels a good shout against opponents that like to play more ball themselves.

I feel like the most natural kicker is Piper so far, but the team has a lot of repositions so that might not hold true once we actually get to play them. I think the threat of a turn one Piper goal is pretty nice with his abilities to rearrange the situation quite a bit, and in the case where the goal is not possible, you can reverie another player of your choice to the front lines (Scourge seems to be the choice for this), thus having multiple threats in the first turn. Can´t wait to try!

With piper kicking, I almost like him going second last so we can send scourge in last. Go in 5th activation and score, then send scourge into start the pain train

I usually kick with Piper, and have him near Scourge. If I can't get the ball off of a player, I can at least Reverie him up first turn, and guarantee some painful swings. 

I liked kicking with Miasma,The kick off jog, coupled with her activating jog into cover and  then double Rataclysm onto three team members of the enemy team was a very fun way to start a game.   She even survived the first turn thanks to being in cover.

Piper. He can either drag his own models up to go and put some early damage out or if the chance appears, send piper in and tackle score. 

Both are valid options

I sort of feel like Piper goals are a trap. At least for the first turn. It's pretty easy to setup a situation where haunting melody either gets Piper into goal range or feeds the enemy model to Scourge, but if there is any risk to lose Piper in the process I would advice against that. At least for me, Piper seems to be the one model that carries the team. Both Scourge and Miasma do amazing work but Piper turns them to 11 either with reverie or momentous double pushes and pitch manipulation in general.

Still, Piper kicking off is a great threat and opens up many options. Just reverie Miasma up the pitch to throw rataclysms or get up, steal the ball and try to dodge to safety. A lot of options and really flexible to when to activate him.

I've had good experience kicking with Piper, but generally speaking not to score! He's good at pulling someone out their half to munch them with Scourge.

Also, kicking with Miasma can be interesting, throw 2 Rataclysms then reverie her back to safety!

How are people using piper to pull opponents out? If I threaten to use haunting melody, I know I’m going to get told “you’re jogging to me then”...

We assumed the ratcatcher player controls the jog in either case, which basically means either I get the direction I want or make a jog of 0”. I’ve just not found it achieves anything except putting me in a worse position or them in a better position. Granted that’s one game against brewers, but I can’t ever see it working for me more than it does against me!

17 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

Either they give you the ball holder, or you get to go to them.

So it only really works if you can threaten the ball holder without getting slaughtered? The rest of the time it’s a passive threat thing?

@Mako Kick the ball off.

If you jog piper up dead centre, someone will invariably move up the pitch. you can use your passive go to them if in range, or sprint up and double push towards your team. Then you have a combination of passive/move again and attack for another double push, your heroic and your legendary.

All in, you should easily be able to drag/push a player 6 to 8 inches back towards your team. Probably best not to do this as a first activation or piper will be smushed, wait a few activations in

So to lay out the ideal scenario -

You use your passive to jog to melee with them. Legendary towards your goal - drag Piper and opponenet 2 inches backwards. Attack them for a double push towards your team, outside of your melee. Then jog/charge back into melee for another 2 inch push. Then heroic if you want to get them even further back.

Step 2 - dogpile all the ratcatchers bar scourge on them.

Step 3 - Scourge gets them low and finishes them top of turn 2 for a snack break takeout.

Man, that's a lot of work to use a passive ability :D

Thanks for the thoughts guys/gals, I'm still trying to grasp how all the moving parts work... I'm bad enough at morticians!

from the few games I've played I've liked kicking off with V graves and deploying super hard towards one side of the pitch.  Walk up position the ball in a spot where if they want it theyre gonna have to get it turn one or graves will get it back.  Then they either need to team work dodge back after they make their pass or have their receiving model get sucked farther into the team by graves and grave-diggered.

2 hours ago, mr baron said:

Does it make sense to use the Legendary on turn 1 to aid in a knockout or does it make better sense to save it for a goal run?

I try to save it to break up an unfavourable scrum