Sign in to follow this  
Toqtamish

Piper Preview

6 minutes ago, Furnace said:

He seems pretty brutal. Having a both ways sort of a super lure / drag for free seems really powerful. 

Yeah, it's seems to be a bit too much.

On 7-3-2018 at 1:31 PM, Furnace said:

He seems pretty brutal. Having a both ways sort of a super lure / drag for free seems really powerful. 

He does seem to be a pretty good captain to say the least. But his dilemma is a double edged knife for sure, you really need to pick your moments with it, and I'm pretty sure if you use it against certain teams you'll end up being a bloody pulp, since he doesn't really have any defensive abilities. But ofc it's a super sweet mechanic when you need it.

12 hours ago, BE-X said:

He does seem to be a pretty good captain to say the least. But his dilemma is a double edged knife for sure, you really need to pick your moments with it, and I'm pretty sure if you use it against certain teams you'll end up being a bloody pulp, since he doesn't really have any defensive abilities. But ofc it's a super sweet mechanic when you need it.

His dilemma is actually my favourite part of the card. It’s one of 2 things. A cranked up lure or a free jog. It’s  also not directly towards so the only restriction is you have to end closer together than you were (whether it’s 6” closer or 0.0000001”)

plus you can tag along squeak during  This as well. 

It’s going to be hard to use but once you can figure it out, it’ll have huge mileage 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:07 AM, BE-X said:

Ya, I can imagine that in most situations the Masons player is just going to laugh...

13 hours ago, mr baron said:

Agreed.  The Ratcatcher player really needs to aware of the board state, as this can easily backfire.

As a minor guild for morticians, did anyone expect anything less?

On 3/9/2018 at 11:07 AM, BE-X said:

I'm not at all sure about that. It's not a double edged knife. It's a knife with two really good purposes. You either get an instant lure, actually better because it's not even directly towards or a free jog. It's not like you have to declare it and just run up to the worst enemy and then proceed to stand there doing nothing going oh this backfired. It's an ability that allows you to seriously impact either your own or your opponents movement and movement is huge in this game with no chance of failure. 

What you're describing is a player error, not at all any fault in the ability. :D

I have to say that I kinda wish it had been directly towards. Without the "directly" it takes out the risk for Piper and makes it far less interesting and more brainless to use.

Otherwise I really like how Piper looks. The lack of defensive tech should reign him in but it's a wide, wide toolbox he has.

2 hours ago, Lemminkäinen said:

I have to say that I kinda wish it had been directly towards. Without the "directly" it takes out the risk for Piper and makes it far less interesting and more brainless to use.

Otherwise I really like how Piper looks. The lack of defensive tech should reign him in but it's a wide, wide toolbox he has.

If it was directly towards it would be useless.

been playing some awful proxy games (I need the rats full card) and while strong, it’s hard to use.  I messed up order of operation. Trying to get the ball off naja meaning I pretty much wasted my legendary.

that said, initial play testing makes me want to play him more.

also, scourge is amazing. 18 damage activations are scary

1 hour ago, Mattyg2787 said:

If it was directly towards it would be useless.

That sounds a bit drastic? I mean, you could start 16" from an opposing model with a ball, Sprint to position and use the Melody, possibly Heroic if the model is too far, try to hit that Momentous Tackle needing one success, and then do whatever you want to do with the ball. I'm not sure why that would be useless? Sure, the opponent could safe-guard against it using various things but even that doesn't make it useless as the mere potential would still affect their positioning hugely. And it doesn't cost any Influence and doesn't involve dice so can't fail as such. It's an enormously powerful ability.

Oh, and the Heroic can go around stuff like UM and such.

One interesting piece of tech I did discover seems pretty funny, but very good.

So if you're attacking someone with a very solid counter attack, like double dodge/push/push dodge on 1 or 2, you can just double push them away and heroic them back in and negate the counter attack.