Sign in to follow this  
Arcnode

Estus match-ups

Hi guys, hoping for a little Estus advice.
What match ups do you like her into? I'm finding in most games I end up thinking Tapper would have been the better choice. 
I like Estus into alchemists for the condition removal and to play them at their own game a little but other than that I struggle to place her. I expected to like her vs farmers and masons but in recent games I really struggled to get anything good out of her past turn 1 denial with fire blasts. I often get some good work out of her but I just feel my boii tapper is the heart of the brewers team and makes the team play the way they should.
Any help/advice would be appreciated :)

Hello,

IMO, Ester is a really good captain into games where you can't go to the scrum easily, because of conditions (Alchemist, Hunter) or because they're better in fighting (Butcher, Corsair Fish, Thresher Farmer's, etc...).

Futhermore, i like to play her when i kick. She's good to control the pitch with AOE, speed/damage buff, etc...

And finally, everybody know Tapper and his game plan. And they often underestimate her and her fighting abilities.

Good luck Brewer fellow !

On 3/7/2018 at 10:00 AM, Alrik31 said:

IMO, Ester is a really good captain into games where you can't go to the scrum easily, because of conditions (Alchemist, Hunter).

Hunters and Alchemists are actually the two I would still plan on running her into, glad to see someone agrees! I love her condition removal and glut mass to slow down the condition game. 
I have found turn 1 with stokerat her side you can really shut down the pitch with the mass of AoE's, its just after turn 1 it all seems to go down hill for me!

Thanks for the tip :)

Esters is good into just about everything, but she needs to be invested in. Put in a few games with her and she'll be your main, I gaurentee. 

Here are some helpfully tips I learned;

Lob barrels first turn, set her up to do what she can, I usually put 4+inf on her every round for this reason alone. Being pushed away or escaped from isn't the end of the world because you can still deal damage.

she is at her best as a early or last activation, empowering then throwing barrels or getting in to setup other nearby squaddies. If last, soothing voice can save you some hassle the next round, or she can finish a target. 

She is a great charger. Gluttonous mass can prevent a lot of counter attack knockdown nonsense.

like all brewers, you want to push opponents into the best crowd out position, and she is really good at this. Pulling people from cover and knocking them down are sometimes better then Raw damage. But it's situational.

Her legendary should be used as soon as she and two others are in range of a takeout opportunity. Don't wait for a late game miracle.

Dont get tunnel vision on empowering damage, speed can set up some good stuff.

She needs nearby support. she isn't by any means a solo. 

Dont forget: she's a solid striker. 

Use the aoe's to make a difference in advancing models. Fire and rough grown can grind or prevent 

hope that helps, but reps are the best teacher.

Great advice, thanks you :). I haven't given up on her yet, I'll keep trying her in casual and friendly games until I get the hang of her!