Sign in to follow this  
Jotnebane

Masons and the Guild Plan Deck

29 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

Now that SFG has showed us some of the game plan cards in their Rats vs Farmers game, what do you think they mean for the Masons?

I think the "Kick'Em When They're Down" will be a very good way for Tower in a Hammer's team :D But I haven't got enough time to see the full video yet.

3 minutes ago, Zozo said:

I think the "Kick'Em When They're Down" will be a very good way for Tower in a Hammer's team :D But I haven't got enough time to see the full video yet.

Sure thing, he's already at +2 TAC due to Floored, so he'll get the most out of it.

Go for the Knees kind of got Mallets name on it. Big initiative bonus and +1 TAC, will be good for Mallet going first and setting things up.

21 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

Sure thing, he's already at +2 TAC due to Floored, so he'll get the most out of it.

Go for the Knees kind of got Mallets name on it. Big initiative bonus and +1 TAC, will be good for Mallet going first and setting things up.

What are "Go for the Knees"'s feauters? 

5 minutes ago, Zozo said:

What are "Go for the Knees"'s feauters? 

I think it is +5 initiative and +1 TAC for one non captain model.
So good for getting the initiative and letting Mallet go smash some shins.

15 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

I think it is +5 initiative and +1 TAC for one non captain model.
So good for getting the initiative and letting Mallet go smash some shins.

Indeed. Well, I'm really looking forward to these plans. :)

I have not taken a good look at them yet, but I read a comment, I think it was on FB, that they seemed to favour aggressive play with only a couple of cards being directly defensive.

As you get your game play cards before choosing models you know if you got lot of high or low initiative cards and can choose models according to you chances of winning initiative. 

With lots of low int cards I think Lucky might see more play since you know you’ll get that extra inf more often. 

22 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

As you get your game play cards before choosing models you know if you got lot of high or low initiative cards and can choose models according to you chances of winning initiative. 

With lots of low int cards I think Lucky might see more play since you know you’ll get that extra inf more often. 

That's correct, but for example I never played them . Is he good enough? Which captain would prefer him better? Honour or Hammer?

His condition removal is good against condition heavy teams like Smoke, but I've not used him that often myself and only with Hammer.

The problem is who to drop to give him room.

I find Lucky is good with Hammer into condition light teams. Basically when you don't need Vet Harmony as he hits harder than her with Hammer. The current Masons team is REALLY DIFFICULT to decide upon with 14 available models (because 1 Union slot) it's difficult to make room for him. I currently place him above a Union option and Granite but below Chisel.

I like Lucky a lot and in my Masons 10 I immediately looked to drop out Granite & Chisel as well as Wrecker. The last spot is really a debate between dropping vHarmony, Lucky or Mist.

I REALLY like vHarmony into certain match ups, I love Mist into teams (Like Hunters) who lack 2" and I just like Lucky. Sadly Lucky will be staying at home for my self.