Sign in to follow this  
Johan

Pin Vice and Decimate

Have anyone tried running Pin Vice with Decimate? I was thinking that with Second Wind Pin Vice could delete a softer target and then Jog back to safety Jaecar style.

I tried this yesterday at the local game night.

It was a cute gimmick turn 1 but didn't justify bringing Decimate. I can still see the value of Decimate but Second Wind on Pin Vice isn't it.

Lol, Decimate is my crutch, I always use her.

• She's a good momentum generator i.e. all of her early results are momentous and can't be cancelled (cos they include¬†dodges)
  • She's a good damage dealer. If she activates last and then first, she can do 16 damage easily
  • She's fast, so very good for ball retrieval
  • Second Wind is crazy good for Pin Vice... when combined with Alternator, it enables her to cover 20 inches in 1 activation (again good for ball retrieval)
  • She's a half decent kicker, so is another potential goal threat your opponent has to keep an eye on¬†

22 hours ago, Johan said:

What's your PinVice 6 then? PV, Mother, Decimate, Velocity, Ratchet, Hoist?

I have a 7 which I rotate around... Pin Vice, Mother, Hoist, Velocity, Salvo, Compound and Decimate.

I know everyone think's Ratchet is auto include but I find that he gives up points more often than not (probably because of my crap positioning)

I'm glad people are interested in Decimate, I played it only once, and I loved it too much. Fig. is beautiful (especially my painting ^^), Second Wing is ultimate & his Play book is dreaming in Engineer.

We do not have a big dmg dealer in Engineer & Decimate is a good choice for me. She has an honorable TAC, an excellent MVT, a respectable KICK & not easy to touch. Then only for the first 4 columns of his Play Book, I say yes. She can do damage with 1 'dodge each time & the T << is just huge. All of course with Momentum at each column, so with Pin Vice it brings a plus. I had not thought of playing it last activation then first activation the next lap. But actually, you can easily do 16pvs on the same figurine.

Now if I had to replay it, I'll remove Ratchet, I think. This is really the weakest link in the team & I can not get Overclocked & Tooled Pin Up Vice so she can hit hard. I often activate Pin Vice before I need Momentum ... ..

The Roster would do that: Vice Pin, Mother, Colossus, Hoist, Velocity & Decimate.