Sign in to follow this  
Zozo

Ideas about minor guild

Hello fellow Guild Members!

I'm very curious what you think is the characteristic feature of our little guild? What do you think we need our guild? Any ideas, opinions are welcome :)

So as we're a middle of the road guild I feel we could go one of two ways:

1) Tougher, slower, take a hit and beat back

Or

2) Faster more goal scoring guild

I think precision play with goal scoring could work for a Jewellers Guild or an Archaeologist Guild whereas tougher could be a Hauliers Guild or Transporters Guild. Big people plus their animals moving stuff.

Nice idea...Architects. The name sounds good too :) Possibly they can give tough hide and/or sturdy to another models, for example "Stone skin" which can increase the targets model's ARM, or something else like this :)

3 hours ago, Zozo said:

Nice idea...Architects. The name sounds good too :) Possibly they can give tough hide and/or sturdy to another models, for example "Stone skin" which can increase the targets model's ARM, or something else like this :)

Give me a shire horse mascot to put that Blacksmith filly to shame!

I think Carpenters make a lot of sense. Both in the construction trade, both use hammers, and there's a lot of cooperation between the two to get projects done. Scaffoldings, supports for stone laying, roofs for houses. 

Not sure what their stchick would be, but putting up temporary terrain would be funny.

I’ve been listening to a couple of podcasts discussing Piper and the ratcatchers lately and given how Piper is all about movement control and both the disease condition and Pipers play Pay the Piper is about momentum two things they have in common with the Morticians I’ve been wondering what kind of tricks would you pull out of the hat for a minor guild that should share some common themes with the Masons. 

I doubt that we’ll get another Honour and Superior Strategy, but that Hammer takes his help from the team to do more and Honour helps the team do more is kind of what Masons is all about. 

11 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

I’ve been listening to a couple of podcasts discussing Piper and the ratcatchers lately and given how Piper is all about movement control and both the disease condition and Pipers play Pay the Piper is about momentum two things they have in common with the Morticians I’ve been wondering what kind of tricks would you pull out of the hat for a minor guild that should share some common themes with the Masons. 

I doubt that we’ll get another Honour and Superior Strategy, but that Hammer takes his help from the team to do more and Honour helps the team do more is kind of what Masons is all about. 

I know what you mean, but all Hammer does for me is yell: "Team, I got this. Stand down" 

1 hour ago, Mattias said:

I know what you mean, but all Hammer does for me is yell: "Team, I got this. Stand down" 

And then suddenly Hammer is pinned, snared and whatnot and there is nothing he can do.

On a different note, I was listening to the Roll Better podcast on my way to work today and they were discussing what character from a different game they thought it would be nice to have ported into Guild Ball. And this made me think of the Thing, the Fantastic 4 stone guy, and how a minor guild with a big golem could work. 

Or just veteran Granite after some weird magical accident. ;)

21 hours ago, Cant_win@all said:

What about the quarry guild?

This is what I thought too. It will be a very good chance for us IMO :)

But a vetGranite w some magical equipment will be good too B)

I reckon the thing I want most from the cross over models are some ranged plays.
I want a big guy called THOR who throws hammers and can KD at range.

The Fireman's Guild, they wash away all conditions with every other player, but are otherwise very plain jane. 

Of couse Masons can only use the two plain jane players. 😂

Personally I bet it's going to be a "Brick Makers" guild. Apparently brickmaker guilds were quite a thing in the Rennaisance and middle ages so I'm thinking its a very plausible fit given the setting of guild ball.

As for playstyle? I expect to see maybe a buff heavy team? Lots of the minor guilds are all very gimicky so far. Eg ratcatchers and disease, falconers with harrier. Maybe brickmakers shtick could be passing along buffs or a unique type of buff from one player to another as they activate? I reckon it'd fit with the Mason's whole teamwork and strategy theme and be an interesting mechanic to play with!

I like the quarry/miners idea - that stone has to come from somewhere.

Id see them as having a similar stat line def/arm wise but bringing some abilities like mining dynamite for some fiery explosions and ranged play - something new to the toolkit

Certainly prefer the Quarry/miners guild ideas. Could have tunnelling mechanics, terrain removal/reshaping abilities. Would go nicely with Masons defensive style.

There was discussion within our local group (The Potters Guild) for a Potters Guild to be the Masons Minor.

We came up with a Guild Rule called "Molded for Purpose" *This was just a brainstorm with a few friends so has not been tested

This allows you change you printed stat in the following ways:

At the beginning of each models activation you can chose the following

-2,-2 Mov, gain +2 Tac

-2 TAC, gain +1/+1 Kick

-2/2 Kick, gain +2/+2 Mov

The thought was based on that you would be able to adapt to the situation presented to you each turn model by model.
My personal opinion is that this fits the Masons flexible play style.

Let me know your thoughts.

10 hours ago, UnluckyNinja said:

There was discussion within our local group (The Potters Guild) for a Potters Guild to be the Masons Minor.

We came up with a Guild Rule called "Molded for Purpose" *This was just a brainstorm with a few friends so has not been tested

This allows you change you printed stat in the following ways:

At the beginning of each models activation you can chose the following

-2,-2 Mov, gain +2 Tac

-2 TAC, gain +1/+1 Kick

-2/2 Kick, gain +2/+2 Mov

The thought was based on that you would be able to adapt to the situation presented to you each turn model by model.
My personal opinion is that this fits the Masons flexible play style.

Let me know your thoughts.

And just watch your clock run out!

All those decisions and measurements to make. I would finish the game next week:)

I think it isn't a bad idea, but as @The Old Buzzard said at the top: it will take too much time for you...and the -2/-2" MOV to take +2 TAC...well, this would be too strong IMO.

1 hour ago, Jotnebane said:

Character play: Yellow Brick Road, +2/+2 Move.

Character play Uneven Pathing (2cost 4"Aura)Enemies models that start an advance within this aura or entering this aura as part of an advance suffer 2dmg and -2/-2 mov