Lhel

What do we need from a minor guild?

As The Union is becoming too zealous to accept proper things like cold hard cash and think themselves better than us, we'll make due with our new players in arms from our minor guild. Whomever it might be.

But what do we actually need from our lower, yet somewhat respected future fellow players in terms of skills and roles?

Our goto lately has been Harry and Decimate, with some Mist the odd other picks. Harry is a shadow of himself, meek and far from the powerhouse he used to be, decimate brings momentus damage and mobility that pairs well with the Katalysts, as a bonus she also brings the utility of second wind. Mist is goal machine he always has been, and goals win games.

Was just thinking about this last night. I think another source of fire AOE, some sources of mDamage ideal, more access to Knockdowns, or some mechanisms that would allow alchs to enter the scrum would all be welcome changes. I feel like high armor is rather crippling against the team especially once the other team kills the ball, so a way to go into armor would be nice. I'm not saying I want alchs to be an all-out-bruiser team, but I would appreciate some better ways to handle scrums. I would be interested in giving Crucible or Venin a little bump too, just to round out the gaps. 

I'd say we lack high TAC models (except Kata), KD access, and momentum damage. Not sure we will get this tho.

Another route would be something helping the condition game, kind of like Crucible passive, or something that raise condition damage like the GIC card.

I think we need help with the Scrum, there are several ways to help beyond the MOM damage and KD, such as Anatomical Precision, Singled Out, Tough Hide, etc.

give us access to tooled up? That might be cool. 

Give us a more ready access to bleed and snare? 

Give us more access to the removal of conditions? (especially with the rats out) We should be the masters of conditions and I feel like the condition side of the alchemists is a bit lacking compared to what's been promised. 

Something that could be cool would be like an "Admixture" Condition that deals dmg = to the number of conditions on the model so it naturally does 1 by itself, but can get pretty nasty if you stack up conditions. 

I'm really excited though. Even if we're likely to have one of the last minor guilds to come out, I still just want to see what they are CALLED >.< 

11 hours ago, The Glorious One said:

I'm really excited though. Even if we're likely to have one of the last minor guilds to come out, I still just want to see what they are CALLED >.< 

Lamplighters. 

They are an up-coming minor guild, and I'm not sure who else they'd play for.

I could think of some people. Masons, perhaps. They come to mind, at least. Perhaps the Brewers, too, if SFG takes a very roundabout and different take on a few guilds and packages them as the Lamplighters.

I’m hoping it’s the Bankers, personally. Huzzah bureaucracy!

I’d love to defeat people with red tape and/or bribes.

I'm afraid we can't get access to tooled Up, cause v.kat would be Madness.

I'd like to see something not much focus into the conditions game. Something more Midas' way.

Light/dark tokens? Haha no idea.

I'd like to see the condition game dialed up to 11. I'm hoping for a viable 0-6/1-4 plan using purely AOE's and condition damage.

I think the guild's existing strikers could use a love tap, I'm still awed at how harsh the Vitriol nerfs were, and they didn't even affect me.

Glorious, you say? ;D

I'm surprised he hasn’t been nerfed already. Also, Vitriol and Midas are still too powerful >F

On topic, though, what ALCHEMIST models are likely to end up going to the Minor guild?

43 minutes ago, The Glorious One said:

On topic, though, what ALCHEMIST models are likely to end up going to the Minor guild?

The way the models have been picked so far (Vet + lesser used player) I'd expect vKat and Venin. However, as vKat gets used quite a bit, I'm not so sure about him, so, maybe Crucible and Venin?

I can't imagine vKat going. just because the first two guilds happened to have a striker and vet doesn't mean it's a pattern. 

I would love for it to be Crucible as I absolutely find her fantastic. Not to mention, it sort of lends itself to the minor guild having more of a condition game. 

Venin is also a good choice. He really doesn't have much of a spot in the alchemists, so maybe he could find a place in a minor guild. He's also very condition based. 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:39 AM, The Glorious One said:

I reckon SFG will put forward 2 of the least used models in each guild to play for the minors. It makes those 2 models more likely to see table time because they aren't competing against as many models for a place.

So, definitely Venin at least.  ;P

I kind of hope that one of the models is a Golem. Not like the mecha you have from the Fungineers, but something more like the legends, I.e. golem of Prague, etc. 

I think there’s a lot of potential in using the minor guild to bring in some different branches of alchemy.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:27 PM, The Glorious One said:

So, definitely Venin at least.  ;P

I kind of hope that one of the models is a Golem. Not like the mecha you have from the Fungineers, but something more like the legends, I.e. golem of Prague, etc. 

I think there’s a lot of potential in using the minor guild to bring in some different branches of alchemy.

We'll still have to see what guild and such we end up with, speculations are on Lamplighters, but that's neither here nor there for the time being. I like the idea of the Golem of Prague, or something like a Frankenstein kind of creation. Taking on some of the directions of Alchemy is also a nice thing, Personally I would love to see something related to the asian alchemy, taoist alchemy just sounds and feel strange, but it was a thing and such things as gunpowder came from the art. I have many and good connections to asia myself and I for one would absolutely love such an influence in the game. 

Give us another set of in-guild AoEs, one of Each and I think we'll be just fine. I'd love to see some new equivalent to Harry with low mom pushes (or mom dodges), AoE and basically no playbook damage. 

So, just give us Calculus' sister Algebra and Mercury's brother Hermes. 

Pure wish listing I would love to see another source of fire aoes.

There are a lot of anti condition abilities floating around now esp pieces like Grace who can just straight up remove the aoes from the board. It's not just for the condition application but they allow us to control the board so maybe an emphasis on this type of control? Blast Earth or something that will allow us to block off areas of the pitch?

Yeah, whatever it is, I think that strengthening the condition game is probably the thing I'd like to see the most. I really don't find that it works the way it has been intended to work from the beginning. then again, in the beginning, you had a lot more - MOV than you do now.