Hi was just wondering how you guys paint and base your guild ball balls. I've been away from gaming and model painting for years and just trying to get back into it. I've just got the kick off set and the balls that come with it are slightly raised from the base. Do you guys just use static grass to cover this slight raise or do you cut away the ball and place it flat on the base?

thanks for any advice just wanting to learn and who best to learn from but you guys 

I've only done two balls so far and both of them I've seated on a small amount of green stuff to make the rise slightly more believable. I also make sure to add gravel after the ball is attached so that it looks like it's not sitting too high on the earth. This might give the ball a little too much "weight" depending on which ball you're using (I've got lots of different balls like the creepy pumpkin and the smith's iron monster).

I've only got the ones that come in the starter set. It looks like it's landed on a mole hill Thanks for the idea of the gravel might look like it's just bounced and the dirt has risen with the ball 

I always theme my balls to a team. My fish ball is has a small water trail coming off it. my mortician  ball is being held by a hand coming out of the ground. Butcher ball is nice and bloody. Farmer ball is a spooky jackolantern with a working LED.

48 minutes ago, tehlon said:

I always theme my balls to a team. My fish ball is has a small water trail coming off it. my mortician  ball is being held by a hand coming out of the ground. Butcher ball is nice and bloody. Farmer ball is a spooky jackolantern with a working LED.

Yeah I'm gonna want to see these now please :D