Sign in to follow this  
Mo11usq

Does this team have legs?

Guild Ball being styled as a mob football game, I'd like to have a ball playing team to be comfortable with. I only play Skatha.

Skatha, Fahad, Ulfr, Egret, Zarola, Jaecar

From normal deployment, looking to get into a formation a bit like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Enemy Goal)

------Ulfr-------------- Skatha-----------Egret--

Fahad                Jaecar

Zarola

(Hunter Goal)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Basic plan:

Zarola feeds the ball to ulfr or egret and midnights them toward goal and glory. After scoring they move back to position for another goal run.

Skatha threatens the ball in the centre, snow ball (and if planets align, blessing) to keep friendlies out of the scrum and get round unpredictable movement, engagement zones etc. for ball retrieval. Lots of cold snap to try and keep enemy tied up.

Fahad and Jaecar are momentum generation, ball retrieval (proc unpredictable movement, gluttonous mass etc.) and road bumps (gut n string), and goal scoring back up. Potentially could pick off the odd weakling, but I think if we get into any kind of real fight its game over.

Foreseen Problems:

2" engagement and/or >>, <<, <> stops everyone dead. 

Skatha can't take the pressure of holding the centre. Def 5 is great, but 1 KD and its pretty much instant dirt nap.

Ulfr.

Has anyone tried this lineup? Advice on a viable 3-0 Skatha team?

All your ideas are good, it would take some practice and the team somewhat lacks really reliable ball retrieval but if you can score a turn one goal you should be in a okay spot to get another goal and use Jaecar / Fahad to kill 2 squishies. 

vet Hearne could be a functional alternate to bring in for matchups where you need to deal with opposing 2" and unpredictable models.  Gives you some additional ability to retrieve the ball with his 2" reach and decent mom. KD or mom. T on 2.  And as a bonus, Last Light can make Skatha a bit more efficient.

Skatha & either Ulfr/Egret make as much of a scoring threat as hunters get, further redundancy is a waste. On the other hand, Jaecar with zero setup is not much of a TO threat. I think you'd need something for an anchor (most likely the bear) to be able to play your game, otherwise most opponents will simply run through your team. I'd swap Egret for the bear and see how it goes. Just my opinion.

Edit: I don't think there is a hunters setup with a reliable or just somewhat reliable 3-0 play. Not vs most opponents. A single UM model will completely ruin your day.