Sign in to follow this  
Jotnebane

Steamforged plays Ratcatchers vs Union

23 minutes ago, Mootaz said:

That was a very interesting game. Did anyone collect the spoilers?

Fast forwarded a bit, Squeak apparently has tag along

Miasma has a TAC of 5, has a GB Result on two which is called Interrupting Spores if I understood correctly. Enemy needs to choose:

His models within 2" suffer 2 damage and bleed or 2 damage and poison. Apparently she also has a momentous GB up higher in her PLaybook.

Clearing this post out, as it is redundant to the one below it, though i would add that, according to the release poster, Piper is a 6/8 movement, and 4/6 influence.

Edited by Keredar
Redundant post.

Giving tortoise the ball was huge mistake, he should've kicked towards decimate. Rats wouldn't be able to keep up with Rage&CO in a scrum. 3 more kills and goal with Decimate - easy win. Minx would be better than Grace imho. Ratcatchers seem far weaker than Farmers or even Blacksmiths. They will struggle recovering the ball I guess.

So, I've watched the whole vid. Here's what we've learned:

Squeak

Melee Zone: 1"

MOV: 4" / 6"

TAC: 3

KICK: 2 / ?"

DEF: 3+

ARM: 1

INF: 1 / ?

HP: 10

Character Plays:

Dreadful Shriek: Enemy model immediately makes a Jog. Enemy model is a friendly model during this action. Cost 1/GB. OPT: ?

Traits:

Tag Along

Miasma

Melee Zone: 2"

MOV: 5" / 7"

TAC: 5

KICK: 3 / ?"

DEF: 4+

ARM: 0

INF: 2 / 4

HP: Haven't really paid attention closely, but one should be able to find this out, as she dies during the game.

Character Plays:

Erupting Spores: The opposing Player must choose one of the following; enemy models within the (2") pulse suffer 2 damage and the Poison condition, or, enemy models within the (2") pulse suffer 2 damage and the Bleed condition. Cost: 2/GB. Range: S. OPT: I think yes.

Rataclysm: Enemy models hit by this 3" AoE receive 3 damage and the Disease condition. Cost: 2. Range: 6". OPT: No.

Traits:

Salve: Once per turn, this model may use Come on Mate to remove conditions without spending Momentum.

Virulence Strain: While within this 6" Aura, enemy models that suffer the Disease condition suffer -1 TAC.

Piper

Melee Zone: 1"

MOV: 6" / ?"

TAC: 5

KICK: 3 / ?"

DEF: 5+

ARM: 0

INF: 4 / ?

HP: Haven't really paid attention closely, but one should be able to find this out, as she dies during the game.

Character Plays:

Pay the Piper: Every time an enemy model spends MP within this (6") Aura, the friendly team gains 1 MP. Cost: 2/GB. Range: S. SUS: Yes. OPT: Yes.

Reverie: Target other friendly model. This model may immediately make a Sprint and a Shot without influence. Cost: 3. Range: 8". OPT: Yes?

Heroic Plays:

Distracting Tune: Choose enemy model that is within 4" of this model. Target model suffers a 2" Push.

Legendary Plays:

Swan's Obedience: Choose a Goal post. Every model within 8" of this model makes a 2" Dodge towards that Goal post.

Jamie also mentioned that Piper has a dilemma mechanic, so I'm guessing he also has a Trait that we've not heard of yet. Also, there have been some mentions on what results are on which columns for all 3 un-spoiled models, but I didn't write that information down. So I'm basically only missing Miasma and Piper's health pools and this Playbook information. (I think :rolleyes:)

You know, there is a forum rule against posting unreleased models stats (complicated reasons involving people breaking NDAs).

But I’ll let everyone off this time, as long as folk don’t make a habit of it :)

So what are peoples opinions of the guild after the video? (As Mako said please look to avoid posting raw numbers / rules). I was pleasantly surprised with how the Dilemna control worked, I was worried it would be a lot of decisions and Janky things that don't actually amount to much at all. A lot of the decisions that Pelage & Miasma force go a long way in setting Scourge up to take a meal on said players. The team also brings a healthy amount of people with longer melee zones which means getting Ganging Up bonuses isn't too hard.

Piper really surprised me and what he is bringing to the table is a lot of good movements tools, a character play which allows for some very hard to stop goals and amazing re position. 

I wasn't planning on buying the guild but after the stream yesterday I will pick them up without a doubt. 

40 minutes ago, Mako said:

You know, there is a forum rule against posting unreleased models stats (complicated reasons involving people breaking NDAs).

But I’ll let everyone off this time, as long as folk don’t make a habit of it :)

Oh, I'm sorry! :o

I just thought that this was as close as an official release as they could get. They were openly talking about the stat numbers and plays, so this is why I thought it was okay to make thr above post. Feel free to remove it.

Haven't got to watch this yet, so thanks for the info. @Nykolae I assume piper's  Legendary is 'friendly models with 8" '.

Is "Pay the Piper" 1MP for the Ratcatchers per MP spent or 1MP when any MP are spent? If the former I might be a bit OTT.

I didn't expect the piper to be female. I guess I had type cast him/her from the pied one in Hamelin.

Reverie is on friendly models. I was wanting to do it to the opposition to steal the ball . (Read all the words!)

Edited by The Old Buzzard
In ability to read!

Pipers legendary was used on enemy models, so it's all models in the pulse. 

Not 100% on Pay the Piper, I think it will be the latter as the former seems a little overbearing. 

Reverie can only be used on a friendly model, I don't see how it can be combined with the Heroic? with the legendary you certainly have to be careful about your positioning as I know he has the ability to re-position enemy models fairly well via his playbook. 

29 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Haven't got to watch this yet, so thanks for the info. @Nykolae I assume piper's  Legendary is 'friendly models with 8" '.

Is "Pay the Piper" 1MP for the Ratcatchers per MP spent or 1MP when any MP are spent? If the former I might be a bit OTT.

I didn't expect the piper to be female. I guess I had type cast him/her from the pied one in Hamelin.

Reverie is on friendly models. I was wanting to do it to the opposition to steal the ball . (Read all the words!)

Piper is a dude:

sfgble-007-alternate-piper_preview.jpeg

@ForestRambo

I was already planning on picking up the Ratcatchers and this video only served to reinforce what a good idea that is :)  

Miasma alleviates much of the worries I had that opposing teams could easily control Scourge early in the game (Salve followed by applying Disease to the big fella again will be huge I think). 

The repositioning shenanigans that Piper offers boggle the mind . . . he might make me reconsider my "Bonesaw = Dumpster Fire" stance ;)  

Can't wait to get my hands on the new shinies! 

I so hope they spoil the mascot together with the captain, so we can start testing these. I want to play them at tournaments shortly after the release. I can wait for Miasma, will just use Bonesaw for the time being.

1 hour ago, Alphadork said:

"Bonesaw = Dumpster Fire"

5 goals in two games, mate. He's brilliant! 

35 minutes ago, Lee said:

In truth I don't mind Bonesaw but as a long time Morticians player Mist would usually edge him out as my go to striker.

Piper will make him much more dangerous.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, Mako said:

Under normal circumstances that is fair enough. But, you cant honestly expect people not to after SF have posted a video of the characters in action?

Giblin even said take notes! That's what people have done.

11 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Under normal circumstances that is fair enough. But, you cant honestly expect people not to after SF have posted a video of the characters in action?

Giblin even said take notes! That's what people have done.

The rule was set carefully so it was crystal clear what was and wasn’t ok, in response to various things, including someone who felt NDAs didn’t apply to them and someone else very nearly ending up in trouble as a result. 

But as with most things, we try to be flexible - that’s why I said it was ok this time!

No one’s in trouble for it, I just wanted to mention it lightheartedly so we didn’t end up with people not realising the rule existed and getting into trouble accidentally later on :)

30 minutes ago, Mako said:

The rule was set carefully so it was crystal clear what was and wasn’t ok, in response to various things, including someone who felt NDAs didn’t apply to them and someone else very nearly ending up in trouble as a result. 

But as with most things, we try to be flexible - that’s why I said it was ok this time!

No one’s in trouble for it, I just wanted to mention it lightheartedly so we didn’t end up with people not realising the rule existed and getting into trouble accidentally later on :)

Fair enough. I understand why they're there and I'm not pointing my finger at you in particular, you're just following the rules but allowing people to discuss this. So thanks.

Moving on, I'm proper excited for the ratcatchers and have now sold enough of my other guild ball minis that my preorder will be going in this very morning!

11 hours ago, Mako said:

With that in mind.

Piper’s kick is 2/6”. B)

On 2/23/2018 at 6:08 AM, Lee said:

I agree with you. I"ve always tried to make him work.

LOL...people better get used to playing that "DUmpster FIre", Mist is gone.