Sign in to follow this  
Furnace

New releases in metal?

On 2/21/2018 at 9:28 AM, Toqtamish said:

Wait for the official announcement on Friday

Friday came and went, and while I did receive an email showing off May's releases, it didn't have any information we hadn't already figured out from the Retailers. Was further information released someplace else?

25 minutes ago, Siberys said:

Friday came and went, and while I did receive an email showing off May's releases, it didn't have any information we hadn't already figured out from the Retailers. Was further information released someplace else?

Says in that email. “Learn more about Pride on the Steamforged blog soon!”

For Pride, yeah, but that not what my questions were about - was a PVC Church minor guild ever in the works, and if so is it still on the table? What's the deal with Seasoned Spigot - will he be a standalone model, or released in S4, or has he been canned for some reason?

There's crossover with Pride as far as why I want to know - I'd like to determine if I should pick up Pride as an LE or hold out for a release that isn't 83% models I already have - but learning about Pride's stats or seeing the LE render won't help with that.

5 minutes ago, Siberys said:

For Pride, yeah, but that not what my questions were about - was a PVC Church minor guild ever in the works, and if so is it still on the table? What's the deal with Seasoned Spigot - will he be a standalone model, or released in S4, or has he been canned for some reason?

There's crossover with Pride as far as why I want to know - I'd like to determine if I should pick up Pride as an LE or hold out for a release that isn't 83% models I already have - but learning about Pride's stats or seeing the LE render won't help with that.

Currently there isn't even a concept for the final Solthecian player. Currently there is (potentially):

• Captain: Trisket
  • Mascot: Pride
  • Union/Solthecius: Harry, Mist
  • Solthecius/Union: Grace, Benediction
  • Pure Solthecius: Seasoned Spigot, ???

They’re not gonna announce another guild that will be in retail in August now. Too soon. Retail announcements are made three months in advance. June we get Falconers so earliest we get solthecian is August which won’t be announced until May. 

33 minutes ago, Siberys said:

Was a PVC Church minor guild ever in the works, and if so is it still on the table? What's the deal with Seasoned Spigot - will he be a standalone model, or released in S4, or has he been canned for some reason?

There's crossover with Pride as far as why I want to know - I'd like to determine if I should pick up Pride as an LE or hold out for a release that isn't 83% models I already have - but learning about Pride's stats or seeing the LE render won't help with that.

... They're not going to answer any of that.

@ningu - That assumes there will be a Church minor guild. Putting Pride in Union 3 at least makes it possible there won't be - perhaps SFG decided Union didn't need a Minor, and that a single mascot would be enough. (EDIT: Another point making this possible: a PVC set with 4 models the same as in the Union 3 set isn't especially new-player friendly, and one argument for the Union 3 set not being a snub at existing players is that there will be other channels to get Pride, and that the Union 3 box is for players not already fully invested in the Guild.)

@RedSam - Yeah, and I think that by not answering those - or at least the ones about whether there'll be a Church Minor release - they're setting themselves up for more complaints along the lines of the Pride stuff we saw last week.

@Toqtamish - If we assume that there is in fact a Church minor and it releases in August, people will know about it before the May release (probably by April due to a release event kit going up, much like how we already know Falconers are for June) and it will incentivize folks who already bought into Union to wait. That's fair, but might negatively impact preorders of the Union 3 set.

If the Church minor releases later than that and SFG sticks to its normal announcement schedules, then SFG is creating conditions for a repeat of the complaints about this kit - that people who bought into Union are being put into a position of buying dupes if they want to keep up with Union releases. SFG can mitigate that with more LE models, but those can be difficult to get a hold of and it's probably not the cheapest way for SFG to address that particular problem.

If there isn't going to be a Church minor, then there's no reason for SFG not to just say as much. Head off future customer complaints at the pass, as it were. If they don't, there'll be people like me holding out on getting these models for fear of buying dupes.

It's the second scenario that worries me the most. The first is frustrating for me personally until April, when I can finally make an informed purchase decision, but that'd be well before either release; the third means I eventually buy or trade for a Pride but don't end up regretting it. The second though just strikes me as SFG manufacturing problems for itself.