Grenoir

Faithful of Solthesius in May

Coming in May according to Leodis Games.  Not sure I like the new Harry sculpt, though I prefer Pride without the plinth;

O2oQL20.png

That's the wrong picture... faithful-of-solthecius.png

That's  a different Lion sculpt to the one shown at SCUS, so maybe we'll see a blister released along side this box. I've got all the players with the exception of Pride, so I hope this is the case.

It's been strongly hinted on Facebook by Rich Loxam that this is an alt sculpt of Pride.  So I expect we'll get the sculpt we've seen before (lying on the altar) in the actual Church Minor Guild box later this year.

8 hours ago, Phlop Donkus said:

I want to be excited, but rebuying 4 models kind of hurts :(

You don’t have to. This is not for existing players. You will be able to get Pride a different way. 

19 hours ago, Toqtamish said:

You will be able to get Pride a different way. 

Assuming you mean some way other than the Church minor guild, I'll believe it when I see it.

42 minutes ago, S_A_T_S said:

Assuming you mean some way other than the Church minor guild, I'll believe it when I see it.

I think he does mean the Church minor guild. Can't see Pride being released on his own. Although if they did I'd be all over it like a rash!

I wonder why they gave Mist new art for the box.  I wonder if the Union will be reorganized in some way so that this is a legal team when it's released.

2 hours ago, MechMage said:

I wonder if the Union will be reorganized in some way so that this is a legal team when it's released.

Hm? Isn't that a legal team? It has a mascot, a captain and 4 players, am I missing something here? 

1 hour ago, Furnace said:

Hm? Isn't that a legal team? It has a mascot, a captain and 4 players, am I missing something here? 

It has the right number of captains players and mascots but they don't all share a faction unless it turns out that Pride can play for the Union and not just Solthecians or that oHarry can play for Solthecians and not just Union.

33 minutes ago, MechMage said:

It has the right number of captains players and mascots but they don't all share a faction unless it turns out that Pride can play for the Union and not just Solthecians or that oHarry can play for Solthecians and not just Union.

Oh, alright, thanks for clarifying. That would be one silly box if it couldn't be played together. :D

35 minutes ago, MechMage said:

It's a Union box full of Union players that play for Union... They may be Solthecius themed, but they are still Union players. I'm not sure why you think Pride plays for a different team.

2 hours ago, ningu said:

It's a Union box full of Union players that play for Union... They may be Solthecius themed, but they are still Union players. I'm not sure why you think Pride plays for a different team.

Probably because when initially announced Pride was for the Solthecian minor guild. 

From what we know of Minor Guilds, they are supposed to follow the following format:

1 Captain
1 Mascot

2 Minor Guild Exclusive Players

2 Minor Guild Players that Play for the Major Guild

2 Major Guild Players that Play for the Minor Guild

Which means we now know just about everything about the Solthecians:

Captain: sBrisket
Mascot: Pride
Major/Minor Guild Players: Mist, Harry
Minor/Major Guild Players: Grace, Benediction
Minor Exclusive: sSpigot, [Unknown]

This box appears playable as the Solethecian Minor guild out of the box, from everything we know.

This is clearly stated as a Union Box and so it should be playable as a Union Box. Nothing else makes any sense. Releasing Pride with no ability to field him till August or even later (assuming a (pre)release for GenCon as earliest) would be crazy.

But Skulk had a Spooks Card from SteamCon.

So until release of the minor guild they are all Union and them Brisk3t, Pride, Benny & Grave switch to Solthecian with B&G/Harry and Mist as dual players.

37 minutes ago, Merry Wanderer said:

This box appears playable as the Solethecian Minor guild out of the box, from everything we know.

This box is Union not Solthecian Minor Guild. This gets all of Unions remaining models into a six man box plus Pride. As per the SFG newsletter email today we will get more info on Pride in an upcoming blog article. 

12 hours ago, Merry Wanderer said:

Major/Minor Guild Players: Mist, Harry

I don't buy that Harry can play for the Solethecians, even if he has a Solthecian model.  The Union in Chains made it very clear he was on their naughty list.

9 hours ago, MechMage said:

I don't buy that Harry can play for the Solethecians, even if he has a Solthecian model.  The Union in Chains made it very clear he was on their naughty list.

I don't think SFG tend to let the fluff get in the way of them selling models.

44 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

I don't think SFG tend to let the fluff get in the way of them selling models.

Well.. They did pull already bought and paid for models from future use away from everyone who's bought Union at any time. Which is quite a few people. :P

12 hours ago, MechMage said:

At steamcon (I think) they showed him as reborn into the  church. Note the "scarf" and "I am saved!" pose of the  new model. 

17 hours ago, MechMage said:

Hidden for Spoilers:

Didn't Harry die in UiC? His hat certainly went to someone else after he fell off that cliff and we saw a broken body.