Sign in to follow this  
Grenoir

Vet Minx in May

So Leodis Games posted this, this morning - a box set coming with all the Veteran ex-Union plus Honour (so I guess Vet Seena will be the Steamcon model?)  Looks like Minx gets a trap token!  Coming in May

F2FW064.png

vMinx is looking really good indeed and those traps seem intriguing. Wonder what they do. Also 2" melee seems probable. I wonder if she keeps her Furious. 

I’m glad this box will be out before the Falconers because I was not looking forward to losing Minx before vMinx got released. I really hope she keeps Furious because her current form is our best influence battery. Would be nice to have still have that as an option. Definitely a good time to be a Hunter. 

While I am very excited for Vet Minx, are they seriously going to release her like this? A box full of models belonging to different Guillds? Seem's like a bad idea. I can split the box, but that's such a PITA. 

It seems like that is the plan at this point. It doesn’t bother me too much since I really like the other models in the set. I could see why it would be a hassle for people who only want a few models though. 

Yeah, it took me 10 minutes to split a box between 5 other friends so our model only cost us £7 each. 

Is it ideal? No, but LGS want 1 box not 6 blisters so SFG by doing this way are supporting those LGS. It's slightly more awkward with us but with so many social media sites these days (GUBS has 4,500+ people), Twitter etc it's really not that hard to arrange splitting the box. 

Yeah it only took me 3 minutes to separate out the box with 2 other local players. I think it will be easy enough to split the box up if your local meta has all the teams in it. I am so looking forward to this box! 

That's all well and good on launch, 3 weeks later though you're likely to be shit out of luck for splits as everyone is likely to already have them. This is a bad move for long term sales and newer players joining the game later in the year likely won't buy it as way too pricey for the one model they need for their team

10 hours ago, Csjarrat said:

That's all well and good on launch, 3 weeks later though you're likely to be shit out of luck for splits as everyone is likely to already have them. This is a bad move for long term sales and newer players joining the game later in the year likely won't buy it as way too pricey for the one model they need for their team

That is very good point indeed. 

12 hours ago, Csjarrat said:

As I said matey, people will jump and down and shout the roof off if SFG make decisions that make it harder for LGS to stock them (like seriously, SteamCon UK Keynote anyone?). This decision is one they've made actively to make the lives of LGS easier to stock there product. 

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

As I said matey, people will jump and down and shout the roof off if SFG make decisions that make it harder for LGS to stock them (like seriously, SteamCon UK Keynote anyone?). This decision is one they've made actively to make the lives of LGS easier to stock there product. 

He's saying that easy stocking seems particularly important if you have to stock products that are hard to sell :) This topic isn't about SFG sales & logistics, but as far as standard size boxes with ready-to-play teams seem to be an excellent idea, the solution for this new extension is sure a little awkward. I will get my new models one way or another, and you will get yours too, but the "use social media to split" argument is a bit like Steve Jobs saying "don't hold it that way". I'm sure there are people who don't feel like forming a consumer group to be able to go to the LGS to buy toy soldiers :) Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with this new box of goodies, but I'm an enthusiast just like you. I hope that SFG has everything under control and has a deeper market awareness than me lol.

8 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

Maybe it would be a better solution for both consumer and store to sell it in smaller, 2 model boxes?

Then anyone that wanted two models that were in different boxes would be annoyed ;)

I’m guessing SFG expected to get complaints that it’s all one box, but that it was the most sensible way to deal with it from a cost, retailer and sales (and therefore customer) perspective. 

Sure, it’s not perfect, but it’s likely to have been the best overall option.

10 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

As a person who likes pretty models regardless of guild I refused to split mine with any other locals... :)

34 minutes ago, Selfy said:

I bet they love you?

We've got enough of a guild split it doesn't matter as he can split with someone else. I was kinda making the point that for me it doesn't matter all of them are in a single box but I have locals who would prefer single blisters. Single blisters have gone the way of the dodo I don't think we will ever see them again outside of special models. The sooner we accept that's the way SFG do business the sooner we can put effort into something more meaningful like funding friends to split the models with etc

1 hour ago, Scapegoat_Stephen said:

We've got enough of a guild split it doesn't matter as he can split with someone else. I was kinda making the point that for me it doesn't matter all of them are in a single box but I have locals who would prefer single blisters. Single blisters have gone the way of the dodo I don't think we will ever see them again outside of special models. The sooner we accept that's the way SFG do business the sooner we can put effort into something more meaningful like funding friends to split the models with etc

Agreed. :)

The best thing about only playing some of the teams (I need 3 of the 6 players) is that It will be easier for me to put order to the lead/plastic mountain....

And hey pretty, pretty, pretty. Can't argue with that.