Sign in to follow this  
Nye of Rats

Basing query and new sets

Hi All,

My apologies if posted in wrong place and if previously discussed, I have done a bit of a search and not found this query/answer before.

I have placed an order for my first ever Guild Ball set which is in the newer non metal style.

They look from pics (Not received box yet) that models arrive fully assembled and attached to bases.

My query is; Is it possible/easy to remove these bases to create my own themed bases/put on pre-bought themed bases?

Thank you,

It’s fairly easy in my experience - basic hobby tools and a few minutes is all you need.

There are pegs on the feet that sit in recesses on the bases. When you get them, flip them upside down and use some clippers to cut off the underside of those recesses. That’ll expose the pegs from underneath, so you can use a hobby knife to cut any glue round the sides of the pegs and gently pry the model loose from the top side of the base. As long as you go carefully, you can keep the pegs in good condition to attach to holes drilled in your new bases. The picture is from my de-basing one of the blacksmiths:

Z3PpwRD.jpg

The other option is to drill the pegs out after you expose them, but that's a bit riskier.