Furnace

What was your first Guild and why?

What was your first Guild and what attracted you to that Guild?

Alchemists! I'm a scientist, and so I was drawn to the math and chemistry names. It also looked fun to throw conditions around back, and even back in Season 1, Midas was never a slouch!

Do you still play that Guild or are you a deserter and play a new Guild yet? 

I picked up Hunters near the end of season 2, but only really started to use them in the last year. I don't consider myself a deserter, but variety is the spice of life! Plus, if you want to do well with a team, you need to give it your attention. I'll still play Alchs from time to time, but Hunters are the focus for now.

Does your original Guild still hold your heart or have you a new favourite? 

Midas will always be my golden boy.

I had originally ordered Butchers as my first guild, but cancelled it when I watched a vetRage battle report and saw Red Fury used. Thought the ability was too cool, had to play that captain!

I still consider Union my main guild, but have been playing a lot of Brewers and Midas Alchemists lately. I mainly play against one person, and we’ve done countless Union vs Masons, so I’ve been trying out different guilds just to change things up.

Does your original Guild still hold your heart or have you a new favorite?

VetRage is still my #1, his playstyle and storyline are my favorites. Union is a great guild, so many playstyles available within the guild.

Bought Fish and Butchers 3 man packs to get a feel of the game diversity. Shortly there after bought brewers and morticians 3 man starter boxes for the same reason. Then quickly found out the game was supposed to be played with 6 on a team.

All of my friends in the beginning loved murder ball. I rolled shark to be different. Never looked back from fish and still main them.

Butchers - they were the only team that had a full stock in resin from the online store the day I bought in. 

Actually switched almost as fast as I could. Still haven't finished all the Butchers.

Wanted something with a more mixed playstyle and which was currently not played in the local meta. Ended up on Alchemists och since then I've gone over to Union for a while. 
But the next project is always my favourite project.
So currently waiting for more plastic guilds to come out.

Morticians as the most control-based guild in game and great models (Obulus & Ghast mostly)

I tried Alchemists and Union but Spooks remain my main for now. I have Engineers assembled and primed and want to give them a ride as soon as possible. I might switch after Ratcatchers release - can't see the point of playing Morts without Mist unless Bonesaw gets a buff.

I still love Spooks but Engineers are close second. They bring less control but so many other tools... 

Butchers. My father was. I found it ironic.

I still play. Not as much as time ago because I bought 4 more guilds (hunters, brewers, farmers and blacksmiths) but still beeing butcher soul.

Yup. Bloodrain config. The joy of everybody bleeding. 

Brewers. It was their models that attracted me to the game, I heavily disliked the look of some of the other S1 teams at the time, and I wasn't actually all that interested in playing the game. I had plenty of other systems to play at the time. Eventually after several spoons being won I thought I'd give GB a go.

I accidently sold my Brewers in a bit of an eBay mix up on my part :wacko: Double check boxes before sending them off! I now play Farmers.

I still love the Brewers but getting rid off them opened up the chance to try out the Farmers who I enjoy immensly. I've also started to dabble with the Morticians as they're very different to both the other teams.

Fishermen.  The models were the primary attracter, but when I discovered the game, it was also one of the few guilds nobody played in a decidedly take-out heavy meta (lots of Butchers, Brewers, Masons).

I play four guilds with "regularity", because I'm always in the mood for something different.  Fishermen, Butchers, Morticians, and Alchemists.  I own Blacksmiths, but not 100% sold on their playstyle yet, and depending on how I feel after Adepticon, my next guild will be either Farmers or Ratcatchers.  But who knows!

I play the teams I do because I love them.  Which one I happen to love at the moment really depends on my mood.  Thankfully my mood has been riding the Corsair wave for the past few weeks!

- Terminus -

Alchemists, but it quickly changed to Fisherman's. My family has a history in the fishing industry so it felt very thematic ... And one thing I really like about GB is that the game is actually not about soldiers killing each other off, and Fish really epitomize this to me. Ethically pleasing. 

Just started Smiths and I've decided to give them a year, but I'll always be a slippery fish at heart.

See above .

Engeneers, it had a giant mechanical spider, what's not to love. (And my play group recommended them as a good starter.)

No. I started getting more games in with the kick off brewers with other new players. I didn't have the match experience to execute big plays, make use of my momentum, or placement with cogs. Brewers were a lot more forgiving on a newbie, then I started to love the playstyle. Thanks to sheer reps, I don't worry about going into good fish players or a strong union list. I've beat good teams with good players, on the strength of scum tap ins.

Cogs were survivable, fast enough, and had the solid playbooks to not get me blown out right away, they were my "training wheels". Their sacrifice made my play solid.

I'm gettin good with smiths, and their paintjob is easily my best.

My first (and still only) Guild were the Brewers.  What initielly drew me to them were the dynamic poses of the models - almost everyone is sprinting up the pitch, and then you have Stave.  Come on  hands down the best sculpt in the game!  After the poses, why sold me on them was that they are drunk Scots wearing kilts!

I still play Brewers and only Brewers.

See above. 

Brewer, liked the models and the theme. 

Yep, only team I have painted all the players for. 

Currently yes, but Alchemists are making a play for top spot. 

My first guild was Butchers cos hey nice art, Boar, and face smashing....

Then Season two rolled around....and so did the Hunters (and Fillet!!!). Season three was Kick off so completed the Brewers, picked up most the Union, fisherman shark 6, More HUnters (:D), and both boxes of Blacksmiths.

Through all of this the Butchers have always held my heart (followed close second by Hunters). I have spent more time with Ox and Boar than my 7 month old daughter. I don't play them as much as I used to (otherwise the game would get a bit stale), but if I have had a couple of losses on the trot I just reach for the old faithful red and grey Butchers and everything seems good.

My first team was Alchemist, picked up during play testing, I wanted to pick the Union but a mate was grabbing them so I went with green (there was something about field control as well, but we all know the truth).

Shortly after starting I grabbed Fish to try and get my head around the football game, but traded them away when I couldn't wrap my head about it (Corsair has made me regret that decision). Since them I've picked up Brewers, Masons, Butchers, Union, Hunters, Blacksmiths and Farmers; I've played with every guild multiple time. I've run Butchers in an escalation league and Brewers in a tournament, but I keep coming back to my lab rats.

I'm an alchemist player to the bone, and I don't think theres any thing that SFG could bring out that I'm going to love more than them.

So...

I first started Warhammer Fantasy with Lizardmen. Next was 40k Space Wolves. After that Trollbloods in WM/H.

Guild Ball was Fish. Some point last year I realised that I seem to be heavily attracted by "blue" factions :ph34r:

So I think the colour makes my Guild/Army/Faction.