Sign in to follow this  
ZergSpirit

Singled out momentum on a target already singled out

Hi!

I came accross this paragraph in the consolidated rules topic :

Character Play Playbook Result:GB::GBGB::- The result is to trigger a character play. If the result is a momentous result and the effects of the character play are invalid or can be ignored by the target model, the attacking model still gains a momentum as the effect of the result (the play being triggered) has not been ignored.
Plays may only be triggered by corresponding play-icon results (a play that can be triggered by the :GB: play-icon cannot be triggered by the :GBGB: play-icon).

Hence my question.

According to that paragrah, and to my stunning disbelief, Hearne, even if he already has singled out a target, would always be able to redo it to generate momentum (even though Singled Out can't stack, so Singled Out is ignored in that case, I suppose). Could prove very useful in case of miss rolls (especially against tough hide and loved creatures...).

Is that correct?

Yes, you generate momentum by choosing the :momGB:/:momGBGB: Playbook result, not by using the Character Play (which you don't even have to do if you can't / don't want to). 

:GB: Character Play – Shown as either ‘:GB: ’ or ‘:GBGB: ’, these are play-icons. Each time the active model selects a play-icon Playbook result,
it may trigger a single Character Play without spending Influence.

Yes, Hearne can choose the single GB result on the first column of his Playbook even if his target has already been Singled Out. This reapplies Singled Out (which has no effect since effects of the same name can't stack) and generates 1 MP. 

The momentum is generated for selecting the momentous GB result, not for applying the Character Play.