Sign in to follow this  
The Old Buzzard

the figures

I had to spend ages trimming flash off my figures. I mean an hour per figure except for Iron. Bolt's arms were a sod to do as I didn't want to loose his arm or my finger!  Anvil has no ends to the fingers of his shield arm. There is a hollow where there could have been a nail.  I first thought 'it is just plastic figures.'  But I have just cleaned up the figures for Dark Souls. It took me an hour to do them all. Next to nothing. They are a bit bendy but they have been in the box ages.

Did I get a rough batch or is everyone having trouble?

Mine have varied pretty widely from model to model. Anvil and Furnace had some pretty bad lines in my first box. The second box seems pretty clean except Bolt with heavy lines in lousy places. Luckily he'll be replaced by metal Bolt. 

I’ve not seen any bad mould lines on either of my blacksmiths sets, they’ve been nicer to clean up than some of the metals I’ve had to deal with.

I may have just been lucky of course, but from my experience I don’t think they’re any worse than the metals for cleaning up ready to paint. So it seems to vary!

Box 1 was was awful for flash with me though box 2 was okay - flash quantity seems to vary wildly between boxes but would be good if they could get that under control, as the bad ones are really bad and not the standard I'd expect from SF

8 hours ago, Lumpyseven said:

Hey man, the only plastic box I had problems with was Farmers 1, my Blacksmiths 1 and 2 were pretty perfect, as was Farmers 2!

So it looks like a quality control problem then.

Maybe we need to get choosy and unlike regular Brits, complain to the folk who can make a difference rather than to one another.

Next time.B)

Just cleaned the models from MCA yesterday and they were almost completely flash free. The only exception was Bolt whose model had the worst mold line I have ever seen, the rest almost didn't need any clean-up.

My box 2 ferris was headless, not a big deal since I had some old warhammer stuff lying around. Now she has a gold skull and looks pretty bad ass. Also glad I got the ltd edition bolt, as I've had bad luck with those plastic stands, and the box one was pretty flash heavy.