• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
The_Question_NL

Casket Time + Influence --> game impact

Hey Guys,

Quick question how does casket time and the opponent receiving no influence for that model afffect the normal game?

A captain being taken out this way could really influence (no pun intended, but a happy accident) the game/1 turn .

Why do I ask because I'm the guy that mostly fails his casket time :lol::unsure:

Cheers,

Whoever You put in the box - it's huge profit. Bonus 2VP, lost activation and influence for Your opponent make a significant difference. That's why CT must be relatively hard to pull off. Most of the time it happens for me at the start of turn 2 while I'm kicking. I end turn 1 bashing enemy striker with tooled up Obulus to reduce his hp and farm momentum (use legendary if You really have to), win momentum race and start turn 2 with Casket. Unless they used Knee Slider, the most [edited] Plot Card in S3...

MOD EDIT: Please do not use offensive language on these forums. 

11 hours ago, el009 said:

Whoever You put in the box - it's huge profit. Bonus 2VP, lost activation and influence for Your opponent make a significant difference. That's why CT must be relatively hard to pull off. Most of the time it happens for me at the start of turn 2 while I'm kicking. I end turn 1 bashing enemy striker with tooled up Obulus to reduce his hp and farm momentum (use legendary if You really have to), win momentum race and start turn 2 with Casket. Unless they used Knee Slider, the most [edited] Plot Card in S3...

Don't forget if you have Knee Slider AND the Vengeance Token... :D 

Usually it is not super important who you put in the box, but you profit more if it is a model that generates more than 1 Influence. I had a game where I put a Mascot in the box because I lacked the 3 VP, but aside from that I go for 2/X models or even the Captain.

Put Shark in the Box once in S2, it was awesome. Last game against the farmers where I used him I put Harrow in a box. Now it gets really sick if you put a Captain in the box and combine it with Man Marking.

11 minutes ago, Cole said:

Usually it is not super important who you put in the box, but you profit more if it is a model that generates more than 1 Influence. I had a game where I put a Mascot in the box because I lacked the 3 VP, but aside from that I go for 2/X models or even the Captain.

Cheater ;) Casket Time requires enemy to be [Human] type so it's illegal to box mascots or even mechanicas.

Yup, Casket is quite unreliable damage source. After his failed attempt You could try to PM him to smack enemy once again and possibly put him in the box. Unless they are healed and away. Vs 4+/1 model he can deal like 4-5 dmg, less if he's charging, even less if You need to pick KD after charging because enemy has reliable Counter Attack. CT is hard to pull off verse seasoned opponent. 

43 minutes ago, el009 said:

Cheater ;) Casket Time requires enemy to be [Human] type so it's illegal to box mascots or even mechanicas.

Not entirely true. Some mechanica have the [Human] type.

51 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Not entirely true. Some mechanica have the [Human] type.

Some have, some don't. You better be carefull while choosing CT target ;) I rarely play Casket - Legendary is hard to land and without it there are better picks out there.

8 hours ago, el009 said:

Some have, some don't. You better be carefull while choosing CT target ;) I rarely play Casket - Legendary is hard to land and without it there are better picks out there.

So Collosus fits in the casket, but Scum won't! :blink:

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Ever tried to get a cat in a box? :D

Nope, you ever tried to get a four-legged, steampunk, monstrosity into a box? ;)

1 minute ago, Selfy said:

Nope, you ever tried to get a four-legged, steampunk, monstrosity into a box? ;)

I’ve been to London and gone on the tube in rush hour. That counts, right? :D

23 minutes ago, Mako said:

I’ve been to London and gone on the tube in rush hour. That counts, right? :D

Just thinking about the tube makes me feel sick. Give me my green fields any day!

I have to say it depends. I have only managed to get it off a few times and most of the time I tend to find that I see something that would be super cool if it comes off and try to set it up (taking up to many activation's) only for the moment to pass or someone else come in and take the option away.

Although saying that when it does come off it can work wonders having an extra activation up on your opponent can be massive not just due to the missing influence the possibilities that come with the model thrown in the box. Saying that I did manage to box Blackheart over the weekend which was a very cool (very unplanned move) when Graves took out Averisse and Mist and took Blackheart down to 5hp only for Casket to come along and put him in. 

Answering the question though if you can manage to get anyone in the box so early (end of 1 start of 2) it should have a huge effect on the overall game as both players options may change when this happens.

The best time to casket time someone is first activation turn 2. The dream is a captain but any player game gives you a 2 activation advantage and 2+ inf advantage over 2 turns.

It means you can setup back to back activations and hopefully either get 8 more points or get close to winning