Sign in to follow this  
THE_DOJO_MIKE

Vet Rage only captain

Just wanted to get a community feel for the pro/ cons for bringing only Vet rage as the captain and running an interchangeable 8 man roster. I can play brisket or blackheart but don't know if it is worth that extra slot.

Rage, Turtle

gutter, decimate, mist, benediction, harry, minx, hemlock, (grace/ snakeskin, A&G)

Thanks guys! 

It's doable. The only matchup I think Rage is particularly unfavored into is Farmers.

Personally I put one of the other captains in the last slot, but swap Harry for Grace from your lineup. Harry's fine but he doesn't do much that the rest of the team doesn't already do.

6 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

Personally I put one of the other captains in the last slot, but swap Harry for Grace from your lineup. Harry's fine but he doesn't do much that the rest of the team doesn't already do.

But that sweet sweet goad and molotov is so hard to leave at home. 

5 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

The only matchup I think Rage is particularly unfavored into is Farmers.

From the amount of Farmers I've seen around at the last 2 events, that essentially means "It's a bad idea to go vRage only".

On 2/8/2018 at 5:45 PM, S_A_T_S said:

From the amount of Farmers I've seen around at the last 2 events, that essentially means "It's a bad idea to go vRage only".

In the Southeast US there is a great deal of #farmershaming so not near as much here. (It is a shame to because they are fun)

23 hours ago, THE_DOJO_MIKE said:

In the Southeast US there is a great deal of #farmershaming so not near as much here. (It is a shame to because they are fun)

It is a shame there is any shaming. I've found since the 2nd box became available they have become less fun for me, they aren't very goal friendly (I'd prefer to win with a goal or two, and I really don't like killing the ball) and they can be a pain to play against, so I've moving on to Union for a bit, see how they go (so many more goal scorers!), but I don't think people should be shamed for playing them. People have personal preferences, like I really hated playing against Fillet in S2 but had no issues with Obulous, but doesn't mean we should make people feel bad for playing with a team.

I ran a fairly successful Vet.Rage only list a while back when I was dabbling with Union. This was back when Harry was still a monster though and I haven't returned back to the guild in earnest since then. I believe my list was Vet.Rage, Strongbox, Benediction, Harry, A&G, Decimate, Gutter, Mist, Snakeskin, and a roaming flex (Grace, Minx, sometimes Blackheart as a bluff). The core drop into most teams was Vet.Rage, Strongbox, Benediction, Harry, Mist with a flex. Good reach, lots of pushes, damage and incredible momentum generation. The biggest weak points were in the passing game, lots of 2 dice kicks and quite a few missed passes when trying to extend my threat ranges, and ball retrieval as outside of Mist tackles were pretty hard to find.