Sign in to follow this  
Silvs

Let's go fishing!

Good morning, fellow Engineers.

I'm curious how do you handle the Fish and which captain is your preferable one. I'm afraid that Pin Vice cannot score faster than either Shark or Corsair, so I'm stuck with Ballista. I can blast my opponents for a turn, but beginning from turn two I get picked one by one and gutted without mercy. What is your way of dealing with them?

I agree that Ballista is almost always the correct pick into Fish.  The rough game plan is to go 2 and 2 since it's too dicing trying to just trade goals with Shark.  Into Corsair be prepared to shift to 3-0 since there are no easy take outs but if Corsair ever gets the ball it's very difficult to get it back.  Don't be afraid to use Colossus as a road block to hide Ratchet behind since he's Stoic and the first turn or two Ballista should use Second Wind to get out of Corsair's Drag threat after Dead Bolting.

I was playing v Shark this past week, and I am thinking that Compound, Ratchet & Hoist are the base 3 for your list, but who do you put in the fourth slot

Velocity. Nimble and close control can actually be a pain for the fish to get the ball off. I actually don't use compound because all the 2" melee can stop his counter charges. 

Ballista, mother, hoist, ratchet, velocity and colossus / gutter would probably be my choices