Sign in to follow this  
Chapuzas

Mist or Decimate Union pick

Hi all

For midas it is better mist and for smoke is better to decimate?

you would use on your roster any other than these feo union picks harry maybe?

What do you think?

Ty

Harry used to be the Union pick for many guilds. If you read other topics, you will find there is a strong preference on who to take and it isn't always the same Union player. I think it comes down to your play style and preference. Or what you need, Mist scores goals where Decimate deals damage and generates MOM. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Only my opinion. I have been using Decimate of late though.

I played Decimate in my brief period of playing around with Alchemists, went 7--1 at events with them. I really enjoyed her consistent damage as well as being a pseudo striker. 

Both are really good players. Probably best to think about playstyle a bit more. Mist really boosts your goal scoring game as you can run Midas/Smoke, Vitriol and Mist while as Forest Rambo points out decimate gives you more utility and momentum. The other big plus with decimate is second wind - if you run Mercury, Calculus and Smoke and kick it means all 3 can move forward and then back (kick with Mercury/calc so you can move back after throwing an aloe, 2nd wind the other so they can advance throw and retreat and smoke does smoke stuff). 

Might also be worth thinking about match ups. For my mind Mist is better if you’re facing farmers a lot (as you’re going all in on goals) while decimate is super helpful into Corsair or Obulus. Personally, I’m leaning towards decimate as Corsair while a rough match up is more winnable than farmers at the mo.

I'm finding decimate so useful. Second wind is great, as is her mom damage. And she fast enough to score if needed. Hope the minor guild replacements are something good.

Obviously mist is great, but I'd not feel he gives something extra, decimate does. Unless I need the 2" melee.

For me it's Decimate but Mist is close second. Depends on local meta I'd say. If You feel like You're facing a lot of teams You can't brawl with go with Mist to increase goal threat. If not - Decimate is better jack of all trades. I love playing 2-2 list with Midas, Naja, Vitriol, oKat, Decimate and flex (Compound/Calculus mostly). It's way more fun than poo-throwing-non-interactive Smoke rooster. It kind of lacks 2" melee though.

Do AnG need too much influence to really go off with alchemists though? I've not used the as it seems that they would need a good amount of the teams resources to do much?