Leader9-1

Pelage - Choosing snared and snared again

. It's the end of the turn. Pelage last activation. She moves within 2" of enemy models. The opponent choses Snared.

. Following turn.  The Mort/Rat player wins the initiative. First actvation with Pelage. She doesn't move at all. Same enemy models within 2" of her. Still Snared.

. Are they compelled to take 3 dmg each ? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Leader9-1 said:

. It's the end of the turn. Pelage last activation. She moves within 2" of enemy models. The opponent choses Snared.

. Following turn.  The Mort/Rat player wins the initiative. First actvation with Pelage. She doesn't move at all. Same enemy models within 2" of her. Still Snared.

. Are they compelled to take 3 dmg each ? 

Thanks

In this case I believe they would be able to choose Snared again, there is at least nothing in the text on the card that prevents them from doing so. It will be up to the Ratcatcher / Mortician to make the most out of her abilities.

7 hours ago, Frepet said:

In this case I believe they would be able to choose Snared again, there is at least nothing in the text on the card that prevents them from doing so. It will be up to the Ratcatcher / Mortician to make the most out of her abilities.

I'm not so sure. You cant KD someone already knocked down and you cant tackle someone who doesn't have the ball.

23 minutes ago, Mako said:

Shunted this to the rules section so it can get an official answer :)

And there was me thinking my post had been deleted!

2 hours ago, Selfy said:

I'm not so sure. You cant KD someone already knocked down and you cant tackle someone who doesn't have the ball.

That is true, but those are both cases of selecting a playbook result, and I think that is different. But I don't know, so I will also await an official answer :)

3 minutes ago, Frepet said:

That is true, but those are both cases of selecting a playbook result, and I think that is different. But I don't know, so I will also await an official answer :)

Me too. :)

A model that's already on fire can enter a burning on going effect AoE.  I don't see any reason the presence or absence of the snared condition on any models would affect Pelage's end of activation choice.  Unlike some other games, it is legal to make choices that have no effect in Guild Ball such as selected 1 playbook damage results against models with Tough Hide or not activating a character play with a playbook :momGB:.

17 hours ago, Frepet said:

This is correct

12 hours ago, Selfy said:

The reason you can't select a :momKD: playbook result if the target is already knocked down is because in the description of the :momKD: result it says:

"If the target model is already suffering the knocked-down condition, this effect is invalid and therefore may not be chosen unless as part of a result with additional valid effects."

Yeah, I understand all that. Forcing the opponent to take 3 damage would be quite powerful.

I'll trust in the play testers. ;)

I find this answer cancels/negates the traits "cloak of rats" when the snared is already in function on targeted models. 

The good analogy wasn't with a KD result but rather with the fact that a model couldn't be affected twice by the same condition.