• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
mr baron

Vet Graves Speculation Thread

Vet Graves speculation thread. 

There are some of us that think that Vet Graves will get a change when Ratcatchers are released.  Here is the thread to put all your wild speculation on what changes will be made to Vet Graves.  Here are my ideas on what I think will happen to Vet Graves:

- Packmaster & Creation will add the Ratcatcher mascot as valid targets

-  Another ability will be added to interact with the mascots.

- I am not thinking that the front of the card will change.

My wish list would be:

- KD moved to the 2 column

- V Graves gains an additional advantage when attacking an enemy when the mascots are also engaged

My Hope it's a better rear card,maybe bring more control to the team or do packmaster without no heroic play and give him another heroic more useful por a trait than interact more with vileswarm and obviusly with the new mascot from the ratcachers

Spreading disease and making friendlies immune to disease in an aura. That's what I kind of hope for.

Also he seems to be kind of the Mascot guy now. So maybe special traits that interact with enemy mascots just aswell.

It was mentioned in the Ratcatchers first blog entry

"The way we did this is by only putting abilities related to the Disease condition on two players, Scourge, and Miasma. "

I’m with @Toqtamish - I think that any changes to vGraves (and Bonesaw) will be minor quality of life adjustments, not anything big. Something to make his vileswarm ability functional in rats, but after that... minimal tweaks at most.

6 hours ago, Cole said:

Also he seems to be kind of the Mascot guy now.

He's always been the mascot guy, in the way that most mascots are about as useful as him (some significantly moreso; Mother and Buckwheat esp). 

Here's my bet: no change to vGraves himself (as IIRC Jamie P said there wasn't at Steamcon UK) but Squeak gets some sort of ability that means he can benefit from traits and plays that affect vileswarm. That way, if Squeak is half decent, vGraves' card back starts to become relevant.

On 01/02/2018 at 9:49 AM, malladin.ben said:

Here's my bet: no change to vGraves himself (as IIRC Jamie P said there wasn't at Steamcon UK) but Squeak gets some sort of ability that means he can benefit from traits and plays that affect vileswarm. That way, if Squeak is half decent, vGraves' card back starts to become relevant.

Would it be terrible to change the back of his card just to work with the mascot subtype? Easier change, affects both rats and dirge but unsure if any of that is a problem? Becomes janky in snake draft though but can't balance around a silly optional format :P

Ît would also be great if Morts would get some passive traits that work outside of their activation or allow them to do something. Like Close control or Linked or stuff like that, or sturdy. Or an additional model with fear. So far passive value is created by Ghast and Casket, but who is insane enough to play them together in a serious match. That doesn't make any sense. I haven't understood so far why vGraves didn't get anything. It's not like he is useful. Guess it's because Obs can make him attack outside of his activation for the incredible discount price of 4 Influence. :D  And he has a KD on three! With a Tac of five that is at least a chance of 90% against the mythical 4/1 if we go with the vetHearn advertisement logic from the Steamforged blog.

Crippled Guild. So much potential.

In all seriousness: There is a reason why so many people like Brainpan and Memory or old Graves. They deliver value. They change things. vGraves is basically a useless version of his former self that doesn't pose a threat and is disposed in the blink of an eye like the rest of the guild. If he just had anything that would increase is survivability...

Compairing them you can easily see what I mean. Old Graves gets additional charge range against damaged targets. You bleed if you get damaged by him. Easy Tackle, good kick. Ok Momentum. Tooled Up. So much passive value. vetGraves?

"I... I push. And sometimes, when I use 2 Influence I might get a KD that doesn't generate momentum." Damn... I love that model so much, but OG is objectively more useful than VG.

And this is exactly why I can't await Ratcatchers. So much high def and shenanigans. Nice powerlevel so far from what I've seen. Playable! vGraves won't get included though if he stays that way. I don't trust Playtesters farther than I can throw my purse, and that is chained to my trousers. 

I am sorry if it sounds insulting to the designers, I am just disappointed in what happened to the Guild that brought me into GB... 

I concur with your assessment "Cole".

Hopefully some imaginative 'jank' will have been invented for him. Healing 'disease', or given the size of the implements he is carrying, 'bleed' when he damages rather than an extra choice on a :GB: 

But I fear we are too late to influence his next iteration.

24 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

I concur with your assessment "Cole".

Hopefully some imaginative 'jank' will have been invented for him. Healing 'disease', or given the size of the implements he is carrying, 'bleed' when he damages rather than an extra choice on a :GB: 

But I fear we are too late to influence his next iteration.

Didn't know we could have ever done that anyway. Don't have the money for the Playtest event, as I would have to fly to England for that. Not that I wouldn't do that if I had the money, would be a nice weekend I guess.

Would be nice if he could get "Hooked" as a trait. 

Edit: I should add though, I do like the combination of a KD and bleed. Or Gravedigger. It's just not generating Momentum. Morts are already having problem generating momentum, which is why we need BPM and/or Cosset. So why just another model that has less Momentum results than playbook length and additionally not a single character trait (those heroics are so useless I just can't justify counting them as Character Traits)

4 hours ago, Cole said:

Would be nice if he could get "Hooked" as a trait. 

Those 'knives' are big enough to justify that.

I have other commitments. So I can't get to the playlets event either.