AaronWilson.

Christian Metz wins Belgium Champs with BS.

Excellent result and congratulations, would be great to see his name back in lights rather than just being referred to as Player #1283!

Maybe at some point get to see the 10 man roster as I note a change of Captain in Round 2!

not Anvil and Sledge. Just felt like it, but I don't think they are really bad. Iron, Cinder, Hearth are essential for me, Ferrite, Furnace and Alloy because the other half is there. The last 4 spots are just personal preference. Mostly played Ferrite, Iron, Hearth, Alloy, Cinder and Farris or Furnace.

On 29-1-2018 at 1:07 PM, h3m3 said:

not Anvil and Sledge. Just felt like it, but I don't think they are really bad. Iron, Cinder, Hearth are essential for me, Ferrite, Furnace and Alloy because the other half is there. The last 4 spots are just personal preference. Mostly played Ferrite, Iron, Hearth, Alloy, Cinder and Farris or Furnace.

Yeah your use of Farris was pretty interesting. Lot of people find Farris underwhelming but she posed problems.

Congrats for the win!

As I can see in Longshanks, it's as if one player'd dropped after the first round and you'd had to continue with 29... Strange, but hope that didn't prevent you from getting that free trip to the world event.

O also hope to see some of you in the Spanish National, which already has more than 30 players signed up! 

4 hours ago, HuggyTheBear said:

Yeah your use of Farris was pretty interesting. Lot of people find Farris underwhelming but she posed problems.

Could someone care to elaborate the curious case of Farris?

8 hours ago, supertzar said:

Hopefully this should provide a starter for ten...

22 hours ago, supertzar said:

She gives quickfoot, and is pretty quick herself. And trying to hit a 2/3 in cover isn't that great.  

I found in my games that the master-choices are not this important. Ferrite gives a little speed, Furnace little Dmg and -Arm, Farris little speed, Hearth little support, Burnish little utility, Anvil little speed and utility. Most of the time they didn't get any influence and just try to stand in the way and not to die. At one time they use legendary. It's really just about your 3 apprentices.

7 hours ago, h3m3 said:

I found in my games that the master-choices are not this important. Ferrite gives a little speed, Furnace little Dmg and -Arm, Farris little speed, Hearth little support, Burnish little utility, Anvil little speed and utility. Most of the time they didn't get any influence and just try to stand in the way and not to die. At one time they use legendary. It's really just about your 3 apprentices.

Do you not think that Ferrite might be an exception to this? I feel like she can get a crazy amount of work done with controlling big hitters with Disarm. She herself can score quite a few goals. I certainly agree with the rest of the captains and the fact that they don't really do much though! 

I don't feel the control of really big beaters is big. If you really want to do this effective you need to go first with her and use acrobatics and attacks to get disarm on two to three guys. Thats a lot of investment, influence which are probably better spend on a early apprentice. Most of the times a stack on influence on her doesn't feel like much. There are exceptions like disarming a full stack obulus start of turn with 2 inf. But comparable exceptions are thinkable for other masters. So it comes down to use your masters for what they are worth, and they will find something to do and in most matchups for the big picture a specific master isn't required.

The same is with her goal scoring. Just too much influence. Exception is something like the game winning goal, in which the influence spent on a master won't come later to bite you.

I use her almost exclusively to push the big guy around, and for standing in the way.