• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
LouisvillePitch

Pelage

From the Pod Cast, she seems very good, and is great piece to add to the control theme Morticians. I can see a lot of strong combos with her. The basic one is Casket, with foul order, ghostly visage, she can keep safe till late turns, when I think she wants to show up, right before your beaters go in beating. An interesting thought would be Cosset, with Pilage, one could forgo crazy if the target Cosset is going after is under the effects of singled out. Also Obulus goes back to his old form, with a reliable single out, he gets back to his strong beat stick mode. At TAC 7, and 7 influence he is now swinging at 21 damage (under tool up) at a single target. I am really digging her. I can't wait till the official card is out, so I can really start testing her out. Think she makes my 10, but could be a 6th on a regular basis. What are you guys thinking?

I think she's too squishy for a model that will be close to the enemy. 5+ def, 10hp and no real defensive tech means she can be one rounded easily and i.e. engineers or alchemists can easily kill her with blasts, not even commiting to the fight. I doubt I'll play her, there is no place for her in my 10.

13 hours ago, LouisvillePitch said:

From the Pod Cast, she seems very good, and is great piece to add to the control theme Morticians. I can see a lot of strong combos with her. The basic one is Casket, with foul order, ghostly visage, she can keep safe till late turns, when I think she wants to show up, right before your beaters go in beating. An interesting thought would be Cosset, with Pilage, one could forgo crazy if the target Cosset is going after is under the effects of singled out. Also Obulus goes back to his old form, with a reliable single out, he gets back to his strong beat stick mode. At TAC 7, and 7 influence he is now swinging at 21 damage (under tool up) at a single target. I am really digging her. I can't wait till the official card is out, so I can really start testing her out. Think she makes my 10, but could be a 6th on a regular basis. What are you guys thinking?

Could you sum up from the podcast what are her stats, plays and abilities please ?

29 minutes ago, Leader9-1 said:

Could you sum up from the podcast what are her stats, plays and abilities please ?

15 hours ago, FourOfPipes said:

Listen to the podcast for news on how Steamforged is handling the reduced roster size of minor guilds and for hints about the rest of ratcatchers.  

Here's Pelage's card:

Pelage
1" melee

Mov | Tac | Kick | Def | Arm | Inf
6/8  |  5    |  3/6" |  5    |  0     | 2/4

Playbook:

<m |  T   |        | >>  
1  | GBm | 2m | <<m | 3m

Character Plays:

Singled Out (1 GB) || P Range || Sustaining
Friendly Models gain [+2] TAC against target enemy model.

HP: 10
Icy Sponge:

Back of Card:

Cloak of Rats (2" aura)
At the end of this model's activation, enemy models within the aura must choose one of the following:
> Suffer snared
> Suffer 3 damage. 

Dark Allure
Playbook results that include damage that hits this model does not generate MP.

Grim Caress
Each time an enemy model ends its activation engaging this model, the enemy model suffer 3 damage.

Killer [Male]
+1 damage to damage and playbook results vs males.

1 hour ago, Dragoon06 said:

Yes, is easy to kill, but if you do you no generate momentum except Ballista or Smoke. 

It's dificult to use her, but I try to play her.

I just can't justify her in my rooster, what matchups is she good for?

Alchemists? Dies to conditions in no time.

Blacksmiths? Free KD and easy frag right after.

Brewers? 2" melee low KD and she's perfect wrapping target.

Butchers? Maybe? There are no Meatheads in my local meta so I can tell.

Engineers? Deletion on Hoist, Blast Earth, good bye sweet princess.

Fish? Maybe vs Shark, bud does anyone play Shark vs Spooks these days?

Hunters? Boom box FTW! Masons? Maybe to hunt Flint.

Mirror? Possibly.

Union is just no-go, she dies to vRage in a blink of an eye.

Pelage is less setup-dependant than Cosset but also less inf-efficent and gives up Lure. Slightly tougher though. I'm honestly not sure, maybe I'll drop Cosset to give her a shot. Maybe giving her 1 inf every turn just for the Singled Out and exploiting her passives is a way to go.

Wrap yo a 4/0 you must take 9 dice it's not easy if the rest of your team is near her.

Vs score teams maybe the best choice for her. 

Butchers and mason i think it's a good option.

I am wondering if the Ratcatchers will have a speed buff for her.  6/8 is ok, but I would like to see away to increase her threat distance. 

I played Pelage yesterday with Morts last night.  My line up was Scalpel, Vileswarm, BP/Memory, Graves2, Skulk & Pelage and my opponent played Alchemists with Smoke.  I played Pelage on the edge with Scalpel, as I was concerned about her survivability in the middle and I wanted her to have a partner to have a 1-2 punch.  The two of them together worked really well.  I was only putting 2 INF on her so she was not doing a lot of damage on the Alchemists Def 4-Arm 1 models, however my opponent would pick Snared, which really helped out Scalpel for setting up kills.  While she avoided most melee damage, she was taking condition damage and it can add up quick with only 10 health. 

I actually like the thought of her being a high defence model hunter. As a high defence striker won’t like either Snared or 3 damage I think, so a cheap marker.

however I think her blended in with the disease condition makes her far more of a headache for opponents.

but yes that 10 Health is very scary!

I played against har a few days ago. She is a pain in the arse. A free snare is annoying, but in many cases I'd rather take 3 dmg. And now I have a choice. Do I run away or do I try to kill her? If I run, she will do the trick again. If I go for a kill, I get 1 momentum max for a stack of influence or - having failed that - get another 3 dmg. Morts like influence. Obulus takes at least 5, Brainpan gets another 4, 4 for Mist, 1 for Graves and so on. Pelage can be annoying for free, which is really nice ;)

On 1/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, mr baron said:

I am wondering if the Ratcatchers will have a speed buff for her.  6/8 is ok, but I would like to see away to increase her threat distance. 

Does anyone else think it's high time they release another RatCather's card or two? Man, I'm tired of seeing God Tear on the blog.

Sorry, Negative Nancy alert.

2 hours ago, Dragoon06 said:

When ratcacher arrive you can't play Mist

I'll be sad to see him go, but look forward to playing RatCatchers

1 minute ago, Ragnar Rok said:

Does anyone else think it's high time they release another RatCather's card or two? Man, I'm tired of seeing God Tear on the blog.

Sorry, Negative Nancy alert.

I'll be sad to see him go, but look forward to playing RatCatchers

Yes! Give me some sweet rat spoilers!

Well, there’s a max of four models left that can be spoiled really. One of those is a mascot so probably won’t get a blog post to itself.

The box isn’t released until late April, so there’s something like 10 weeks to go. 

My guess is there’ll be a preview every 3-4 weeks, though of course we may not see all the models before they’re out. Depends if they do shorter posts with one model, or if they combine the two disease carriers into one.

23 minutes ago, Mako said:

Well, there’s a max of four models left that can be spoiled really. One of those is a mascot so probably won’t get a blog post to itself.

The box isn’t released until late April, so there’s something like 10 weeks to go. 

My guess is there’ll be a preview every 3-4 weeks, though of course we may not see all the models before they’re out. Depends if they do shorter posts with one model, or if they combine the two disease carriers into one.

The box may be general release in April, but everyone is pretty much expecting early release adepticon so only 6-7 weeks instead. 

Just now, Ik-tornado said:

The box may be general release in April, but everyone is pretty much expecting early release adepticon so only 6-7 weeks instead. 

Ah true, so one every 2-3 weeks instead. Still, a while between previews :D