Sign in to follow this  
Peterseven

Need advices for a tournament

Hello everybody !  Before I start, I have to apologize for my terrible English, I'm french.
In a few weeks, I will get into a big tournament. I trained my self a lot but I still have difficulties with many guilds, so I need your help !

My actual roster of 10 is : vRage, Blackheart, Strongbox, Benediction, Mist, Gutter, Decimate, A&G, Minx and Harry.  I usually take Vrage with Strongbox, Beny, Mist, Gutter, Decimate or sometimes A&G. I'm pretty sure of all of this models, but I'm still open for modification : Grace and Coin are painted too, and i can quickly finish Snakeskin .  I usually try to win with a 2-2 or 1 goal and 4 takes out.

At this tournament, I know I will met 3 teams that I don't like to face off :

Farmers with Tresher, millstone , buckweat , Harrow, Tater and Jackstraw

Fish Bunker with Corsair, Tentacle, Hag, Kraken, Gutter, Greyscale

Engineers ....

So, i if you have just two minutes to explain me a strategie or give me few tactical advices, i would be very thankfull ! ^^

Thanks for readed me ! 

Peter

No probably not! Don't know why the forums were so quiet for ya. But alot of these were more likely discussed in other threads. 

Farmers I generally out soccer them. Thresher is scary if you can measure his max threat (MOV and melee) and stay out of it you'll stay alive for awhile until rage and Co can be set up. 

Fish well you should be able to out damage that team prioritize your kills like once you pop fear from Hag she goes down super easy. Crowd out gutter so she can't hit scything blow or keep her away with pushes. 

Engineers well I haven't found a good way to kill them with all the tough hide and reanimation. So I generally just play soccer against them while rage and another pick off the squishier models and getting the ball away and to Mist. 

I don't know how you feel influence wise but if your feeling starved for it I'd suggest grabbing Minx and switching her in from Decimate. Just because Minx gets work done on 0 influence and applies snare on every damaging attack which only makes it easier for Gutter to get her scything blow since Minx can dodge around the model to out of threat range from Gutter with back to the shadows. 

Just gotta be careful with your positioning with Benediction so you can get max effect from his aura and usefulness for Mist as a Solthecian. 

Another tip I can give is go read the Guilds that your having problems with forums. They ask for advice on how to counter specific models/guilds just like your doing and should allow you greater insight into defeating them. 

Thank you for your help.

I will try to play the ball against Tresher, to see of I can do better than usually , and maybe against engineers too. 

Thank you again

Yea your welcome mate! 

Another thing if you wanna go the killing route is make sure you know which models you wanna kill from each team. Ie picking the squishy ones instead of picking the easiest target. 

Mist is useless in a fight but his 2 inch melee isn't so when using him just have him hang out to provide crowd outs from a safe distance. Or if your opponent decides to kill the ball launch the Mist missle at them to retrieve it. 

Don't forget to bonus time your attacks too since your going to be drowning in momentum with a Vrage list. 

Don't forget to watch videos on YouTube on union v farmers/engineers/etc. And steal some ideas from them or learn what not to do. There's lots of videos! 

On 29.1.2018 at 2:30 PM, Melos said:

Farmers I generally out soccer them. Thresher is scary if you can measure his max threat (MOV and melee) and stay out of it you'll stay alive for awhile until rage and Co can be set up. 

Thats 13"... quite difficult to stay out of this, even without Grace in the Roster.

To be honest - don´t know how to play vs. a good farmer player. You need to play football, Hemlock (Blind) and Harry (Goad) are quite usefull. Captain... don´t know whether Blackheart or Brisket is better in the end, I think both are quite good. Then you need Mist, last pick depends... I like Grace there, but also Rage could be solid in a Blackheart roster to have the option to go to 2-2 instead of 3-0. Playing vRage into Farmers is... not usefull.

Vs Fishes vRage plays quite o.k. in my eyes. Respect and measure the drag, remember the bonus movement from the hag. Benediction is quite usefull vs fish (and if it´s only to stay with +2 Arm in Cover and hold the ball safe) and also gutter, to put some movement options into the brick.

Engineers... i think it´s quite o.k. with vRage. Grace is in my oppinion also not useless because of the movement. Don´t waste your Momentum, always keep somethink to clear knock down. Stand Firm from Benediction could also be very usefull if you play vs. Balista. And don´t try to force to much on takeouts, going 2-2 should be your goal.

Hey !

So I played the tournament. A lot of good players , also I score 2 victories and 5 loses. But It was a great experience and I learn a lot.

I always took Rage, didn't feel confident enough to play Blackheart. I lose again Corsair and Ballista two times.

Now I will play Brisket to understand her.