Clocked out Against Farmers

Fish

Shark

Tentacles

Sakana

Greyscales

oSiren

Hag

Played another against Farmers last night, usual result. Lost 8-12.

We played on the clock, so it was hard to really remember the game, I scored two goals. He scored 1 goal with the rest takeouts. I played very poorly, and after getting Shark killed in yet another game, I feel he may demand a trade to a better team.  In all seriousness, I waited until the top of turn two to score w/Shark, ran the length (sigh, no Knee SLider), prior to this he used his legendary.  I got him as far away as possible, but the Farmers have so many moving shenanigans, that Grange still got in on him. I even ran Greyscales over to mover the saw wielding bastich away. 

So, I've probably played 8 games against Farmers, six with Fish. I really think that team is nigh impossible to beat.  I have yet to play them with Corsair. I spread out my team, I pulled Windle all the way to my goal almost, Grange at the other end.  I will keep on keeping on against them. 

Playing against the clock is tough. It was my third game w/clock, and man, I was rusty. Great, I have a "Balls Out!" Tourney this weekend. When my time ran out, I scored one more goal on my last activations to make it 8-9. My opponenet wanted to finish it up, so twenty grueling minutes later of him killing the ball, mercilly it was over. 

So, lessons learned, I suck. No, seriously, I focused on when to Def Stance/Counter Attack/MoM for health. It was my main focus since it is a weak area.

I'll leave you with this sad shot of a Dead Shark, biologists every where were outraged at the senseless slaughter.

Cheers

26904081_10215566711591233_5837239178458314541_n.jpg

Don't worry about Shark dying, that guy dies all the time and sometime that can even be a good thing as it allows you to re-position him somewhere closer to where he wants to be (closer to the ball).

How was your friend killing the ball? Between Shark, Sakana, Greyscales , oSiren and the Farmer's defensive stats there should be nowhere safe for him to hold the ball. One of the most important things for Fish to do is to make sure you've got a good coverage of the pitch so that nowhere the ball drops is too far from your players to retrieve or steal the ball.

1 hour ago, Makai said:

Don't worry about Shark dying, that guy dies all the time and sometime that can even be a good thing as it allows you to re-position him somewhere closer to where he wants to be (closer to the ball).

How was your friend killing the ball? Between Shark, Sakana, Greyscales , oSiren and the Farmer's defensive stats there should be nowhere safe for him to hold the ball. One of the most important things for Fish to do is to make sure you've got a good coverage of the pitch so that nowhere the ball drops is too far from your players to retrieve or steal the ball.

I guess killing the ball is too broad a term. More like passing to and fro with JackStraw and Bushel. 

So, tried to have my team spread out  across the pitch. He'd boot it down to JackStraw (5+ 0), or Bushel (5+ 0), or kick it deep, and teleport Straw to it with Crop Dusting. Sakana and Siren were on either flank at mid pitch to cover that section. Shark and Greyscales were down in front of my opponent's goal, until Shark died. I had Tentacles and Hag at my end...so I kind of formed a diamond. I think Tentacles must go in place of the speedier Salt. I forgot to move Hag's Shadow Like.

Hag stays tho, she's great wth FIsher's Reel for free using Talisman.

I missed a couple passes, and a snap shot, so that gave him the opportunity to scoop up the ball. I could take the ball most of the time. 

Took me a few games to figure out Siren and now I love her. I tend to keep Siren in the middle as she can get to either wing and hit someone if needed. Triggering Seduced off a charge on playbook to get a pass works even better as you get a momentum for the PB result, and one for a (successful) pass, and she has 1 more inf to do something with it. On a charge she can threaten hitting a model 11" away, and if you stack Seduced range on that you have a 17" threat range. If she's mid pitch she should be able to get to where she needs to be.

Take a pass, make a teamwork action to dodge, and all of a sudden she can score from 19" (9+4+6) away from goal ;)

I’ve had just one game against farmers - I took:

shark, salt, angel, Sakana, greyscales and Hag

i was 8-3 up when time stopped play (not on clock, but vassal froze up and stopped working for my opponent). 

Goals from greyscales and shark with both in turn 2 as I kicked instead it received.  His 3 came from a takeout of the Hag with Windle.

hag was amazing though - she was knocked down by grange and also engaged by Windle and managed to dodge out, stand up, legendary them both aside to make a gap, jog through the gap to get the ball and pass it to shark to set him up for the second goal - for a grand total of 1 inf.

I was in a position with shark and greyscales to threaten a 3rd goal too when we had to stop.