Kingpash

Scottish Team Championship - 9th-10th June 2018, Stirling (32-team event = 96 players)

Ladies and gentleboys, it gives me great pleasure to present to you the..

Scottish Team Championship

What?
This is a Guild Ball Team Tournament, which will follow the most up-to-date format in the OPD. The teams will consist of 3 players, each fielding a separate team. For further details on team formats, check out the OPD: Organised Play Document

When & Where?
The event will take place on Saturday 9th June - Sunday 10th June at Scotland's premier gaming venue - The Common Ground Games, Stirling (Venue Weblink).

The draft timetable is:
Sat 9th June
9.00 - Registration
10.00 - Round 1
12.30 - Lunch
13.30 - Round 2
16.00 - Round 3
18.30 - Round end - time for food & pub!

Sun 10th June
10.00 - Round 4
12.30 - Lunch
13.30 - Round 5
16.30 - Awards
17.00 - End of event - home time (via the pub!)

Where do I get tickets?
Tickets are £90 per team of three players, these will grant you entry to the event as well as lunch on both days. Additionally, you will receive some tournament goodies and be eligible for prizes (which are to be confirmed). 
You can purchase a ticket for your team by sending the above amount to CABLEHYPE@HOTMAIL.COM via Paypal (Gift please!). Tickets will go on sale at 18.00 GMT on Friday 26th January. Any funds sent before that will be returned. There is a strict limit of 32 teams (96 players). 

Final words
This event is designed as a relaxed but competitive team event. That means it will be cleanly run and well organised but with the idea that we are all here to have a great time. It will follow the up-to-date World Team Championship format as close as possible but with a Scottish twist.

I sincerely hope to see you all at the event and make this the first of a BIG annual event!

Feel free to ask any questions either via the Facebook event or Twitter (@kingpash).

Longshanks 

World Team Championship 2017 details

Scotland.jpg

4 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

This is the same weekend as Download festival. Sadpandaaaaa. 

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that before. I looked at moving it but the weekends either side just don’t work for one reason or another, so bad to stick it to these dates. You’ll just have to come to the next one. Enjoy Download!

11 minutes ago, Kingpash said:

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that before. I looked at moving it but the weekends either side just don’t work for one reason or another, so bad to stick it to these dates. You’ll just have to come to the next one. Enjoy Download!

Faaair man. Most of luck with the event, think it'll be a roaring success.

Oh, oh I will my man :D

Only a few days left until the tickets go on sale, folks. Very exciting! 

Please remember to include your team name and the name of each of the three members of your team when you book your ticket. Tickets available on Fri 26th Jan from 18.00 GMT. Don’t miss it!

So, after a couple of weeks of rabid planning and back and forth, here is who we have commitments from so far:

3x Teams from Scotland

2x Teams from Germany

1+ Team from Sweden

Plus more on the peripherals. Who else is keen to join this truly international Guild Ball fest? :D

Hey Guys, 

On the behalf of Team Switzerland ( Yeah right 2/3 of Team Switzerland from WTC ;) ).

We‘d like also to send a Team, now on organizing where to Stay (probably under the Table of some Pub.. :D ).

Where is everyone staying? or are there any good recommendations?

Thanks in Advance! 

Hey guys, welcome on board!

I am currently away on honeymoon for another week, so this is just a short reply - expect a major update with full team names soon!

As to where to stay, the Germans have booked into the local hostel, called the Willy Wallace Hostel in Stirling. If you use my booking referral code, you’ll even get £15 off your stay - https://booking.com/s/38_0/pash7333

The hostel is not bad, it’s very central (can be noisy if there are a lot of people in town - bring earplugs) but it’s clean and cheap, also 5mins walk from the venue. Overall, not a bad place at all. 

Otherwise, I can also recommend the local Premier Inn, which is close by and a bit more expensive but is a higher standard of accommodation. Google that, should be the Stirling central one. 

Best thing is, have a look at a few options and get in touch with me directly, ideally via Facebook (Pash Korniyenko) or twitter (@kingpash) for a faster response. 

Looking forward to showing you guys around and having you join us for this awesome event! :)